Best Bread Recipes~ from sweet to savory, quick breads to breads with yeast, we love bread! Most popular easy bread recipes we can’t get enough of in our home. If you enjoy making bread, you’ve got to check out these incredible bread recipes.
What types of bread recipes would you like to see first?
Take me to ROLLS, BISCUITS and OTHER BREADS
There’s nothing quite like the scent of fresh, homemade bread baking in the oven! Wouldn’t you agree? Slathered with soft butter… I can almost taste it! We’ve gathered together a wonderful collection of bread recipes from basic sweet breads to our favorite white bread recipe, rolls, biscuits and more! Enjoy! Let us know if you have any questions via the comment section below too.
SEE ALL OF OUR QUICK BREAD RECIPES HERE
See the Quick Breads here.
How long does it take to bake quick bread?
A regular 8-9″ loaf pan of quick bread will typically bake in about 55-60 minutes. If you like using mini loaf pans, they take 35-40 minutes to bake. If you’d like to adapt these recipes for muffins instead, bake those for 18-20 minutes. Always check for doneness either by measuring the temperature of the bread with a meat thermometer- it should read 200 degrees F- or by inserting a toothpick in the center and having it come out clean.
Did your quick bread sink in the middle?
This happens to me occasionally too! Often it’s because I’ve over mixed the batter. Quick bread (referring to a bread recipe that doesn’t use yeast) does not like to be stirred too much, so try to just barely mix all the ingredients together. Another culprit could be overfilling the pan. The bread pan should be only half full each time. You can make 2 loaves of bread, or you can make 1 loaf of bread and 3 mini loaves… or 6 mini loaves. As always, make sure your baking soda isn’t too old- it should only be on your shelf for 6-9 months before purchasing new.
Can you freeze Quick Bread?
Yes! You will want to cool your quick bread completely before wrapping and freezing. I like to first wrap my bread tightly in plastic wrap, then place it in a freezer ziplock bag. If I’m freezing mini loaves, I can usually fit 4 or 5 in a gallon sized bag. Your bread loaves and can be thawed completely at room temperature.
Can you refreeze bread that has already been frozen?
While it is safe to freeze and re-thaw bread, we don’t recommend it because it will affect the texture of the bread. If you need to do it anyway, toasting the bread when you are finally ready to eat it will help.
Apple Bread made from scratch with butter, sugar & plenty of fresh apples. Topped with a cinnamon streusel & drizzled with warm vanilla glaze; it’s amazing.
Zucchini Bread that truly is the best ever! Easy to make & you’ll love the blend of spices used. Popular for a reason, it’s the perfect zucchini bread recipe!
Caramel Apple Bread is bursting with fresh apple, spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, then topped with an incredible caramel glaze that has just 3 ingredients in it!
A classic favorite in an easy quick bread! The best part is it is perfect for breakfast, acceptable anytime, and freezes wonderfully to save for later!
Not only is this bread super easy and equally delicious, but there is also something so satisfying about simply pulling a piece of bread off of the loaf for yourself!
What is better than making your favorite Starbucks pastry at home for a less expensive but every bit as tasty treat as often as you like? I see it as an all around win!
They call it crack bread and I’m not quite sure if it is because of the awesome texture on top or how addicting it is once you try it. 😉 Either way my family is hooked!
If you jump online, with one quick search, you can come up with all kinds of different variations of Banana Bread. This Bread right here is the mother of all Banana Breads, back to the beginning, the best of the best, the original, and we can’t get enough!
Bread that tastes just like apple fritters, is a fun pull apart monkey bread, and is as gooey as they come (in the best way of course). I’m completely sold!
“Life Made Simple” could not have been more spot on about a simple, and delicious, recipe than when they made this amazing cornbread recipe made with buttermilk! Now we just need a big bowl of chili and a little honey and this tender, sweet goodness will be gone!
Not only is this bread delicious and oh so pretty, she has THE cutest (free) printable bread tags for nearly every holiday so you can give them to all of your neighbors and naturally become the favorite of the neighborhood 😉
With Bananas, Pineapple, and Coconut as some of the key ingredients, this bread is like a tropical getaway in your mouth. I mean who doesn’t want that? The cream cheese frosting tops it all off so nicely that you really won’t be able to keep it on the table long.
HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK BREAD
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk*
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose or bread flour
- 1 TBSP yeast
- Combine buttermilk, butter, and sugar in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients, including yeast. Whisk dry ingredients together to combine, then add to buttermilk mixture in the mixing bowl. (I use a Kitchenaid Mixer.) Mix ingredients until well combined. I like about a quarter sized amount of dough to be sticking on the very bottom. If your dough looks a bit dry, add in another splash of buttermilk. Once you've achieved a good consistency, mix the dough on low for about 6-7 minutes. (Or knead by hand about 10 minutes.) Proper kneading is critical to great textured homemade bread!
- Once dough is done kneading, cover and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour; until dough has doubled in size.
- Punch dough down and knead several times. Shape dough (I like to roll mine, then tuck the ends under) and place in a greased bread loaf pan. My all-time favorite bread pan is the Norpro 12" Bread Pan. Place dough back in the warm spot and let it rise for another 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake dough for about 30-35 minutes- until top is golden brown. Let cool and slice.
- *You can substitute regular milk + lemon juice for buttermilk, but you won't quite get the full texture and flavor of this bread. So add buttermilk to the grocery list; you'll love it!
If you have never baked homemade bread before, here are a few tips:
- Remember to fully knead. Many of the recipes below knead for at least 7 minutes and it’s worth it! Kneading dough helps to develop the flavor and texture of the bread, so don’t skimp on kneading time.
- Weather can affect your ingredients. If you live in a moist climate, chances are you’ll need at least the recommended amount of flour, maybe even 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup more. Bread dough should be sticky, but still manageable, especially after the first rise. While you’re kneading, the dough should come together and pull away from the sides of the bowl, leaving the bowl mostly clean. (I try not to add too much flour because your bread will be more dense.) When you pick the dough up, some will stick to your fingers. After the first rise, it will be easier to handle!
- If your house is cool, your bread will take longer to rise. In the wintertime when my house is cooler than normal, I like to turn the oven on for 2-3 minutes, then turn it off and let the bowl of dough rise in there. The oven traps the heat for a longtime and it’s the perfect atmosphere for rising dough.
- After the first rise, don’t overwork the dough. I usually knead and shape my dough in about 1 minute, then it’s back in the pan to rest, for the 2nd rise. I like to have the pan rise in the oven for this second rise so that I don’t have to worry about moving risen dough. When it’s fully risen, I just turn the oven on and set the timer to bake!
- How can you tell if bread is fully baked? I like to use a food thermometer. Mine is digital, so it’s very easy to use. Fully cooked bread will be 190-200 degrees F. Bread recipes that include milk will need to cook until 200 degrees, but since this one doesn’t, I take it out once it reaches 190 degrees. The top will be golden brown.
- Cool baked bread in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then overturn pan and turn loaf out onto a cooling rack or folded towel to finish cooling. If you leave the bread in the pan for much longer than that, you’ll steam it, which may result in soggy parts. No one likes soggy bread!
Yeast Bread Recipes Here.
Buttermilk Bread baked fresh in your kitchen with this easy recipe! Buttermilk Bread is soft, has incredible flavor and can be made in your bread machine!
Homemade Bread made easy with simple ingredients & detailed instructions with photos. Make our best homemade bread recipe and enjoy the great flavor & texture!
There are so many meals that pair perfectly with a good french bread! The only trick is finding that perfect French Bread recipe! Look no further, this is it! It is so soft and delicious and I promise it will fill your home with the most amazing baking bread aroma!
Jo Cooks had me at no knead! She was not kidding when she said this is the easiest bread EVER to make! If you feel overwhelmed making your own bread, start with this one. It doesn’t hurt that it is also incredibly delicious!
This recipe is fool proof! It is so simple to make and yummy to eat! But don’t just take my word for it, there are nearly two thousand people who have tried it and successfully made bread worth raving over!
If you are interested in making a bread that will impress but isn’t as difficult as it looks this one is for you! Of all the breads this one may be the prettiest one!
It’s incredible what a touch of honey will do for a recipe. This bread is perfection and we cannot get enough of it!
The actual Kings of flour created this recipe so you know it will be good! It only takes a handful of simple ingredients and is very basic to make! This bread, plus a hot bowl of soup, is all you will need to keep you toasty and happy all winter long!
“Truly Revolutionary” are the words used to describe this particular bread recipe! And it is TRUE! All you need is a few ingredients you probably have right now in your pantry and Ta-da! It is done! What are you waiting for? Go try it out!
You know how they say homemade is better? That still stands true with this recipe! Treat yourself to a delicious homemade Subway sandwich any day!
There is something wonderful about the different feel this bread brings! It is flat and crunchy on the outside plus it has the drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of cheese on top! Delicious for every single bite!
Cheesy Breadsticks made from scratch in under an hour! Soft, buttery and filled with cheese, these are the best breadstick recipe ever!
Muffins, Rolls and Biscuits.
Muffins, Rolls, and Other Bread Recipes
Here are some tips on making the BEST muffins ever:
- Do not over mix! Just like with bread, muffin batter should be stirred just to combine the ingredients. There’s no need to use an electric mixer of any sort, a mixing bowl and a rubber scraper work just fine!
- You an use muffin liners for these recipes, or if you prefer not, be sure to spray your muffin tin with non-stick spray that includes flour. This spray is specifically for baked goods and works so well! Never have your baked muffins stick to the pan again!
- A large ice cream scoop with a lever works perfectly for measuring out regular sized muffins like these! Want to use a mini muffin tin? No problem- the small scoop works perfect for those.
- Want a more rounded muffin top? Increase the oven temperature by 50 degrees for the first 3-4 minutes, then decrease it as per the recipe’s instructions and bake for the remaining time.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bars are delicious, filling, and perfect for any time! Packed with 5 ripe bananas & whole wheat flour they’re sweet & satisfying.
Blueberry Buttermilk Biscuits are soft and buttery and will melt in your mouth! One of my favorite biscuit recipes ever and perfect for any time of the day.
I love the flavor and texture of these sweet biscuits. The cinnamon-sugar on the outside gives them some delicate crispy edges while the inside is soft and fluffy. Paired with the honey butter they’ll easily be devoured at any meal!
The flavor in these rolls is unreal! You may even find yourself wanting these on pizza night rather than ordering a side of bread sticks!
Orange Rolls made in an hour! Perfectly sweet, soft rolls with a bright citrus glaze that melts in your mouth. Plus, how to make the BEST sweet rolls ever!
If you have ever been to a Steakhouse then you know that these are up-at-night crave worthy! Now luckily for those of us who can’t be eating at a steakhouse every other night, we can make these at home and enjoy them every bit as much!
These New York-Style bagels will make you feel like you are visiting the best bakeries in New York all while staying in the comfort of your own home!
Cheddar. Potato. Rolls. Can you say comfort food? I mean, they are loaded with cheese and can be made ahead of time. You can thank us later when you become the favorite dinner guest of everyone you know.
I’m a sucker for a good cinnamon roll recipe…this is a great one!
Anyone who has been to Texas Roadhouse knows these rolls are absolutely irresistible. Those who haven’t been there need this recipe in their lives asap!
It would be a disgrace to leave out a true classic, with that being said there are A LOT of blueberry muffin recipes out there! But don’t worry we sifted through and made sure to find the very best of them for you!
Southern Style Cooking is something I will never ever pass up. These biscuits are about as Southern as food comes! While I know that biscuit making can be a tricky art form, this recipe is just what you need to make a masterpiece with ease!
Sometimes I choose to enjoy the finer things in life. In this case it would be a homemade croissant but don’t think for a minute that, that makes this recipe difficult! No way, it is so easy, it may even make you look like a fancy foreign chef for a day, and who doesn’t want that?
The maker of this recipe goes for, “Maximum taste, most tasty outcome with minimum effort – [and] without compromising on the end result.” And I am certain she nailed it because this flatbread made without yeast is exactly that. I’ll take that in a double batch please!