Monster Cookie Bread is everything you love about Monster Cookies, in bread form! Loaded sweet bread with chocolate & peanut butter chips, M&M’s sprinkles and more! Wow your crowd with this over-the-top quick bread perfect for snack or dessert!
If you love easy to eat desserts then this one is definitely it. With a slice or two..or three.. You can have a tasty sweet bread that looks and tastes like a million bucks. What makes it even better is that it’s super simple and easy to make, perfect for those of us not wanting to spend too much time in the kitchen.
What is monster cookie bread?
You might picture a monster cookie or you might picture the cookie monster, but this bread isn’t blue and it’s not really bread either. With cake mix baked in a loaf pan, it looks more like a pound cake, but the differences end there. Pound cake is dense, while this is a little more fluffy and countless times easier to make (thank you box mix!)
Packed with chocolate chips, mini M&Ms, peanut butter, maybe even some pretzels and sprinkles you have yourself a tasty quick bread recipe that you wish you would have doubled.
-Cake mix: A single box of yellow cake mix will allow us a fast base with all of the leavening agents needed for this tasty quick bread. This saves you time and effort!
-Water: A little water to help get the base wet and get the dough started.
-Oil: Every good baking recipe needs a little fat to help it out, use vegetable oil or canola oil to get the fat we need to complete this dough.
-Eggs: These eggs will help to work as a binder in the recipe so that the dough is a great texture without falling apart when we try to eat it (how sad would that be?)
-Boxed pudding: A box of vanilla pudding (just the dry mix!) will help to flavor this dough and adds a little something extra to the overall texture too.
-Mini M&Ms: Monster cookies are notorious for having M&Ms inside them. It’s part of the visual appeal and adds a chocolate crunch, we can’t make monster bread without them
-Chocolate Chips: Because having one type of chocolate in the recipe simply isn’t enough! Add chocolate chips to the bread batter and the toppings.
-Peanut Butter Chips: Peanut butter gives us the salty/sweet combination and adds depth to the bread. These chips go in the bread batter and in the topping!
-Sprinkles: Colorful and fun you can use festive sprinkles for holidays or simply add as many colors as you want (no one ever complains when sprinkles are involved, am I right?)
-Toppings: The toppings are where everything comes together. Glazes made with powdered sugar and water, melted chocolate and heavy cream and peanut butter chips and heavy cream give you a visual delight. On top of that we even sprinkle more mini M&Ms, sprinkles, and pretzels- because more is always better.
Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
Mix the cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs, and oil together in a large mixing bowl. Stir until the mixture is completely combined.
Gently stir in the mini M&Ms, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and Sprinkles.
Grease a loaf pan and then pour the batter inside.
You can divide the batter between 2 loaf pans to make smaller loaves or one pan to make a large loaf.
Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into the middle and come out clean.
In a large mixing bowl mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs and oil. Stir until well combined.
Let the bread cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan and then placing onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.
In a small microwave safe bowl, melt your chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of heavy cream in 30 second intervals, stirring between each until smooth. You may wish to add another tablespoon of heavy cream to get it to a drizzling consistency.
Repeat this process but with the peanut butter chips.
Drizzle the top of the bread with the melted chocolate and the melted peanut butter.
In another small bowl, mix the powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon of water and mix well, you want it to be thick but pourable, so if needed, add another tablespoon of water.
Drizzle the powdered sugar glaze over the bread
Top the bread with mini M&Ms, sprinkles, and pretzels.
Monster Sweet Bread
- 1 box yellow cake mix (15.25 ounce)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 box vanilla pudding mix (3.4 ounce)
- 1 tbsp mini M&Ms
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp peanut butter chips
- 1 tbsp sprinkles
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp mini M&Ms
- 1 tbsp sprinkles
- Handful of pretzels, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs and oil. Stir until well combined.
- Gently stir in the m&ms, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and sprinkles.
- Grease a loaf pan and pour in the batter. You can divide this between 2 loaf pans to make smaller loaves or one pan to make big loaf.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan and placing on a cooling rack.
- TO MAKE THE GLAZES: In a small microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of the heavy cream in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. You may need to add another tablespoon of heavy cream to get it to a drizzling consistency.
- Repeat with the peanut butter chips.
- Drizzle the top of the bread with the melted chocolate and peanut butter.
- In another small bowl mix the powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon of water and mix well. You want this to be a thick but drizzable consistency so you may need to add another tablespoon of water. Drizzle that on to of the bread.
- Top the bread with more sprinkles, m&ms and pretzels. Enjoy!
How long is monster cookie bread good for?
This quick bread recipe is good for up to 3 days for best results. I recommend eating it sooner rather than later because bread always tastes best when it’s fresh from the oven. Yum!
How to store monster cookie bread
After the glazes have completely set, you can wrap the bread in plastic wrap or place it in a plastic container and have no worries. Airtight means you can keep it lasting longer without going stale.
If you want to make two loaves and freeze one for later just keep in mind that the pretzels on top (if you added them) may become stale when thawed. Other than that, allow the bread to cool completely before wrapping and freezing and then keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months. You can thaw it out by placing it on the counter and waiting a few hours for it to reach room temperature again.
Like Monster Cookies? Try these:
- Monster Cookies
- Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies
- No Bake M&M Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
- Granola Pretzel Bites
- Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Pretzels
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Brownies
- Birthday Cake Lush Dessert
- Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- M&M Christmas Cookie Bars
- Caramel Pretzel Clusters
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
This Monster Cookie Bread is a sweet bread made from a cake mix, chocolate, peanut butter chips, sprinkles, M&Ms and more. It’s everything you truly love about monster cookies but in a sweet bread. You’re going to love this easy quick bread recipe.