Easy Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread has all the delicious cinnamon roll flavors in an easy no-yeast bread recipe! Sweet bread batter swirled with cinnamon sugar and topped with a simple vanilla glaze.
I like to make this bread right when I get up in the morning, that way it’s done and cooled by mid-morning just in time for a mid-morning snack! It’s got a wonderful flavor and a lovely light texture. Plus the recipe comes together easily too since it doesn’t require any yeast!
This cinnamon roll quick bread is a very simple treat to make for any occasion. Serve it up on holiday mornings or weekends and it will always be a huge hit. Of course, cinnamon bread also makes for a great snack too so don’t feel obligated to only make it for breakfast.
What is Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread?
It’s a homemade quick bread recipe that makes a wet and loose batter, risen by leavening agents like baking powder and baking soda instead of yeast. There is no kneading, rise times, or real effort needed beyond measuring and stirring to create this treat. The bread batter is poured into a bread loaf pan with swirls of cinnamon sugar, baked to perfection, and then topped with a simple vanilla icing on top. Every bite tastes just like a cinnamon roll, but in a convenient slice and without all of the hard work of actually making cinnamon rolls.
-Flour: You will need 2 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour for the gluten-filled base of this bread recipe.
-Leavening agents: Use 1 teaspoon of baking powder and baking soda to ensure that your bread rises properly.
-Salt: To enhance the flavors in the bread, add in ½ teaspoon of salt.
-Butter: You will need ⅓ cup of melted butter. You can use salted or unsalted butter as they both work well.
-Sugar: Add in ¾ cups of granulated sugar, this will help to sweeten the bread and to help give it texture so it isn’t too dense. I do not recommend swapping the sugar for raw sugar as it will cause the dough to be too wet.
-Vanilla: You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract to make this bread taste incredible.
-Egg: One large egg is all you need to help bind the dough together well.
-Yogurt: You need ¼ cup of vanilla yogurt (either regular yogurt or Greek yogurt) this will help to make the bread extra moist.
-Milk: Use ¾ cups of milk to help get the batter to the right consistency.
For the cinnamon swirl, you will need:
-Cinnamon: You need 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon to make the swirl taste incredible.
-Sugar: Use ½ cup of granulated sugar to make the cinnamon swirl nice and sweet.
For the icing you will need:
-Powdered sugar: A ½ cup of powdered sugar is all you need to make this icing sweet.
-Vanilla: Use ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract for a great taste.
-Milk: You will need about 1 tablespoon of milk to get the icing to the perfect drizzling consistency.
How to Make Easy Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Oil the inside of a 9×5 inch bread pan and set it aside. You can also choose to grease it with cooking spray or brush the inside with butter if preferred.
Making the batter
In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, pour in the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla. Use a hand mixer to mix until combined.
Add the egg and mix again for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
Then add in the yogurt and mix to combine. You should have a nice smooth batter.
Continue to add in half of the dry ingredients previously prepared and mix until the flour is no longer dry but do not overmix.
Then add in the milk and mix to combine.
Add in the remaining flour and mix again until all of the ingredients are incorporated and you have a smooth dough.
In a separate small bowl mix together the cinnamon and sugar for the swirl in the next step.
Pour half of the dough into the prepared bread pan.
Sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the top and use a butter knife to swirl the cinnamon around. When doing the swirl, I used a butter knife as it makes it easier to gently introduce the “swirl mixture” into the dough.
Carefully add in the remaining dough on top and spread it out evenly.
Sprinkle the remaining swirl mixture on top and use a butter knife to swirl it around again.
Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and come out clean.
Cool in the pan for 3-4 minutes.
Transfer the bread to a cooling rack to cool completely.
While the bread cools, mix together the ingredients for the icing until smooth.
Drizzle the icing over the top of the bread.
Slice and serve. Enjoy!
Easy Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup melted butter salted or unsalted they both work
- ¾ granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt you can use regular yogurt or Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup milk I used 2% milk, but you can use whole milk.
Cinnamon Sugar Swirl
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup granulated sugar
Vanilla Glaze (optional)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil a loaf pan (9 x 5 inches), set aside. You can use baking spray or brush with butter.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl pour the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla. With a hand mixer, mix until all combined.
- Add the egg and mix with the hand mixer for 2 minutes until nice and fluffy.
- Add the yogurt and mix until the ingredients are all combined, and you have a smooth batter.
- Add half the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients, and mix until there is no more dry flour. Don’t over mix.
- Add the milk and mix until all combined.
- Add remaining flour and mix until all ingredients are combined, and you have a smooth dough.
- In a small bowl combine the ingredients for the swirl, granulated sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Pour half of the dough into the prepared pan. Sprinkle half of the swirl mixture over the dough and with a butter knife make the swirl.
- Carefully add the remaining dough on top. Carefully spread evenly. Sprinkle the remaining swirl mixture. With the butter knife make the swirl.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 45 to minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes back clean. Cool off in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely. While the bread cools off, mix the ingredients for the vanilla glaze. Spread the glaze over the cooled bread. Serve and Enjoy!
How Long is Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread Good For?
You can keep this bread stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. This should give you plenty of time to go back and enjoy a snack throughout the week!
Can I Freeze Cinnamon Quick Bread?
Yes, this bread can be frozen and it holds up quite well. I recommend that if you plan on freezing this bread that you do not add icing to the top until ready to serve. This is so that the icing doesn’t melt when frozen and thawed, which would create a messy experience.
Can I Make Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread in Advance?
Yes, you can make this bread dough the night before and keep it in the fridge, covered in plastic wrap. Then in the morning, simply remove the plastic and bake as directed. This should make morning time even easier and faster! Perfect for hectic days.
What is the Best Bread Pan to use?
I bake a lot of bread and the pans I prefer are either ceramic, glass, or cast iron. These pans will bake bread more evenly and release the bread more easily after baking. I don’t like using dark or nonstick pans because the bread cooks unevenly. It darkens on the outside before the bread is cooked on the inside, so the coloring is uneven. Read more about which bread pan is the best here!
Need more cinnamon roll recipes? We’ve got you covered!
- CINNAMON ROLL BREAD PUDDING
- CINNAMON ROLL BREAD
- CHRISTMAS CINNAMON ROLLS
- CINNAMON ROLLS WITHOUT YEAST
- CINNAMON ROLL COOKIES
- HOMEMADE CINNAMON ROLLS
- CINNAMON ROLL CAKE RECIPE
- CINNAMON ROLL FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
- CINNAMON ROLL SNICKERDOODLES
- MINI 15-MINUTE CINNAMON ROLLS
- PUMPKIN CINNAMON ROLLS WITH CARAMEL FROSTING
- GLAZED PUMPKIN CINNAMON ROLLS
This Easy Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread has an alluring aromatic scent while baking and an equally delicious sweet and savory flavor! The ooey-gooey consistency of this cinnamon roll quick bread recipe with a buttery vanilla glaze is perfect for breakfast, snack or just because!