Amish Apple Fritter Bread uses classic ingredients like fresh apples, brown sugar, & butter that are baked into a spiced loaf & topped with sweet glaze! This apple cinnamon bread is a twist on the classic apple fritter donut, but in a soft bread form!
To make this recipe for apple bread, you will need basic baking ingredients such as flour, sugar, eggs, and baking powder. The key to this recipe is the apples, which are diced and mixed with cinnamon sugar to create a sweet and tangy filling. The apple fritter bread is then topped with a simple glaze made with powdered sugar and milk, giving it a sweet finish.
What is Amish Apple Fritter Bread?
Amish Apple Fritter Bread is an incredibly easy-to-make sweet bread that is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a dessert. This bread is made with a combination of fresh apples, cinnamon, and a sweet glaze that is drizzled on top. It has a soft and moist texture that is similar to a cake, but with the added crunch of a fritter.
This Apple Fritter Bread is a crowd-pleaser and perfect for any occasion. Whether you are hosting a fall brunch or looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with your afternoon coffee, this bread is sure to impress. With its simple ingredients and easy-to-follow recipe, it is a dessert that anyone can make and enjoy.
Why You Will Love This Apple Fritter Bread Recipe
- Easy to Make: This recipe is very easy to make, and you don’t need any special equipment to prepare it. You can mix all the ingredients by hand or use a mixer if you prefer. The batter comes together quickly, and you can have the bread in the oven in no time.
- Delicious Taste: The Amish Apple Fritter Bread has a delicious taste that everyone will love. The bread is moist, fluffy, and full of flavor. The apples add a sweet and tangy taste, while the cinnamon gives it a warm and comforting aroma. You can serve the bread warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for an extra special treat.
- Versatile: This recipe is versatile, and you can customize it to suit your preferences. You can use different types of apples, add more cinnamon, or even drizzle some caramel sauce on top. You can also bake the bread in a muffin tin for individual servings or make mini loaves to give as gifts.
Amish Apple Fritter Bread Ingredients
Flour: For the base of this bread recipe, you need 1 ½ cups of flour.
Baking powder: The leavening agent to help the bread rise as it bakes is 1 ½ tsp of baking powder.
Salt: Balance all the great flavors by adding in ¼ tsp of salt to the batter.
Apple pie spice: Flavor the bread perfectly by using 1 tsp of apple pie spice.
Butter: Use ½ cup of butter to give the bread a wonderfully rich taste.
Sugar: You need ⅔ cups of granulated sugar to sweeten the bread perfectly.
Eggs: Add in 2 eggs to help create the perfect bread texture.
Vanilla extract: Balance the amazing flavors by using 1 ½ tsp of vanilla extract.
Apples: For incredible flavor and texture, you will need 2 cups of apples, peeled, cored & chopped.
Cinnamon: Add some warm spice to the filling by using 1 tsp of cinnamon.
Sugar: Add in 1 TBSP of sugar to sweeten the filling nicely.
Brown sugar: Create a wonderful bread topping by using ¼ cup of brown sugar.
Cinnamon: Adding 1 ½ tsp of cinnamon will give this treat even more amazing flavor.
Powder sugar: For a perfectly sweet glaze, you will need ½ cup of powdered sugar.
Water: Adding 1 TBSP of hot water (or milk) will make the glaze a nice consistency.
How to make Amish Apple Fritter Bread
To get started, get the oven preheating to 325ºF. Then, coat the bottom and corners of a 9″ bread pan with non-stick spray. Set it aside.
Also, prepare the topping by combining the brown sugar and 1 ½ teaspoons of cinnamon and set aside.
For the bread filling, you will need to core, peel and chop apples to obtain the required measurement.
Then, in another bowl, combine the apples, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and 1 TBSP of sugar, and set that aside as well.
After that, in a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and apple pie spice, and set aside.
In a larger mixing bowl, beat the butter and ⅔ cup of brown sugar together using an electric mixer. Proceed to add in the eggs and vanilla extract, beat again until smooth.
Continue to stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture until just combined.
Fill & Top
Spread half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Then add half of the apple filling, spreading it across the surface of the batter. Add the second half of the batter and top with the remaining apples.
Use a butter knife to swirl the apples into the bread batter lightly. Proceed to sprinkle the topping mixture over the apples.
Place in the preheated oven and bake, in the center of the rack, for about 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes, then loosen edges from pan, and turn onto a wire rack to cool.
Whisk the glaze ingredients together until smooth and drizzle over the cooled loaf. Slice, serve & enjoy!
How do you Peel & Core Apples?
Many recipes for apples require that you core and peel them. There are a variety of ways to do this, and they’re all simple!
If you’re just peeling & coring a few apples at a time: I like to use a basic vegetable peeler, plus an apple slicer that cuts apples into 16 pieces. These smaller slices are better for baking as the apple cooks faster since they’re smaller slices. That way the crust/cake or whatever you’re baking apples into isn’t too dark before the apples are done cooking!
If you’ve got a large batch of apples to cook: If you use a lot of apples, you probably should consider getting one of these handy peeler corer slicers. You can peel, core & slice half a bushel in about 15 minutes with this tool!
Amish Apple Fritter Bread
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups apples peeled, cored & chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 TBSP sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 TBSP hot water or milk
- Prep: Preheat oven to 325ºF. Coat the bottom and corners of a 9" bread pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- For the topping, combine brown sugar and 1 ½ teaspoons of cinnamon and set aside.
- Filling: For the bread filling, you will need to core, peel and chop apples to obtain the required measurement.
- In another bowl, combine apples, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon of sugar, and set that aside as well.
- Bread batter: In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and apple pie spice, and set aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl, beat butter and ⅔ cup of brown sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just combined
- Fill & Top: Spread half of mixture into a greased 9×5” loaf pan. Add half of the apples, spreading them across the surface of the batter. Add second half of bread mixture and top with remaining apples.
- Use a butter knife to swirl the apples into the bread lightly. Sprinkle topping mixture over the apples.
- Bake: Bake in center of oven for about 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes then loosen edges from pan, and turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- Glaze: Whisk the glaze ingredients together until smooth and drizzle over the cooled loaf. Slice, serve & enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How can I make Apple Fritter Bread with apple pie filling?
To make Apple Fritter Bread with apple pie filling, simply substitute the chopped apples in the recipe with apple pie filling. Use about 1 ½ cups of apple pie filling for the recipe. Be sure to drain any excess liquid from the filling before adding it to the batter.
What are some variations of Apple Fritter Bread?
There are many variations of Apple Fritter Bread that you can try. Some people like to add chopped nuts or raisins to the batter for extra texture and flavor. Others like to add a streusel topping made with flour, sugar, and butter before baking. You can also experiment with different types of apples for varying levels of sweetness and tartness.
What is the best way to store Apple Fritter Bread?
The best way to store Apple Fritter Bread is to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store it at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the bread for up to 3 months by wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap and then placing it in a freezer-safe bag or container. Thaw the bread overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Can I Freeze Amish Apple Fritter Bread?
Many people wonder if Amish Apple Fritter Bread can be frozen. The answer is yes, it can be frozen. Here are some tips to help you freeze your bread properly:
- Make sure the bread is completely cooled before freezing.
- Wrap the bread tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Place the wrapped bread in a freezer-safe bag or container.
- Label the bag or container with the date and contents.
When you are ready to thaw the bread, remove it from the freezer and let it thaw at room temperature for several hours. Once it is thawed, you can reheat it in the oven or microwave if desired.
Try more of our favorite bread recipes here:
- Gingersnap Banana Bread
- Homemade Hawaiian Bread
- Vanilla Pudding Banana Bread
- Honey Oat Bread recipe
- Mango Banana Bread
- Fabulous French Bread
- Sour Cream Banana Bread
- Easy Homemade Cheesy Breadsticks
- Apple Banana Bread
- White Bread Recipe
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Apple Pumpkin Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Zucchini Banana Bread
Amish Apple Fritter Bread a delicious bread with a sweet and spicy flavor that is perfect for fall. This apple cinnamon bread is a treat that anyone can make and enjoy!