White Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is an incredible variation on classic banana bread! Sweet white chocolate and banana blending together to create an amazing banana bread recipe you need to try!
I swear, banana bread is one of those things you can eat all day long. A tender and moist quick bread made with ripe bananas- everything about that sentence just makes me hungry! Turning this recipe into banana bread white chocolate muffins is another great idea for portable snacking.
White chocolate chip banana bread
Ok, so I think it’s official. I am having a love affair with White Chocolate Chips. You can add them to almost anything and it just makes it so much yummier. I have loved this super easy banana bread recipe since I can remember. Depending on the mood I’m in, I’ll add White Chocolate Chips, or blueberries, or nuts, but the base recipe remains the same and it is so good.
You can switch the shortening for applesauce! I do it all of the time. Just use 4oz of applesauce in place of the butter and the recipe is instantly a little healthier. As an added bonus it also helps to make the bread moist too! Win-win!
What’s the best bread pan to use?
I bake a lot of bread and the pans I prefer are either ceramic, glass or cast iron. These pans will bake bread more evenly and release the bread more easily after baking. I don’t like using dark or (most) nonstick pans because the bread cooks unevenly. It darkens on the outside before the bread is cooked on the inside, so the coloring is uneven. Read more about which bread pan is the best here!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this bread:
-1/2 cup Butter or Shortening
-3/4 cup Sugar
-2 cups Flour
-1/2 teaspoon Salt
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-3/4 cup of Nuts/ Blueberries/ White Chocolate Chips (Optional)
White Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter or shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a bread loaf pan by lining it with parchment. (Or spray with non-stick spray- it just depends on what type of bread pan you use.)
- Whisk butter and sugar together in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add in eggs and mashed banana and mix until combined.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Whisk to blend.
- Pour 1/3 of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir several times with a rubber scraper. Repeat until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Stir in half the white chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared bread pan. Top with remaining white chocolate chips.
- Bake 350°F for 50-55 minutes. If you have a mini-loaf pan it takes 35-45 minutes. Test doneness using a cooking thermometer. Internal temp should register 195°F. Remove from oven. Let cool 10 minutes, then overturn loaf on a cooling rack to cool completely. Slice and enjoy! Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container.
Can I freeze banana bread?
Yes! After your loaf has completely cooled, you can wrap them well with plastic wrap and then store in an airtight container or a Ziploc bag. Then freeze for up to 3 months.
Can I use frozen bananas?
Absolutely! Just let the bananas thaw before use and lightly drain them. Use them in the recipe as directed.
Here are some more of the best banana recipes to try
- Banana Cream Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bars
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Caramel Banana Cream Tiramisu
- Glazed Blueberry Banana Bars
- Nutella Banana Muffins
- Fun Kid Snacks with Bananas
- Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Banana Split Milkshakes
- Easy Banana Bread
- Banana Split Pie
- Banana Cream Cookies
- Cranberry Banana Bread
- Banana Cream Cheesecakes
- Peanut Butter Banana Bars
You’re going to love this white chocolate chip banana bread. It’s such an incredible way to experience a classic like banana bread. Snack on it any time of the day and enjoy a sweet treat whenever you’re in the mood. White Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is an incredible variation on classic banana bread! Sweet white chocolate and banana blending together to create an amazing banana bread recipe you need to try!