Slow Cooker Banana Bread is a hands off, no fuss way of making sweet bread! Perfectly spiced banana bread made with brown sugar, cinnamon and butter, all cooked in the crock pot!
This banana bread in the crock pot is the perfect way to get delicious, moist banana bread with very little effort. Make this easy banana bread recipe using simple ingredients and bake in the slow cooker resulting in amazing Banana Bread.
One Pot Banana Bread Recipe
Crock Pot Banana Bread is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that has become increasingly popular in recent years. This recipe is perfect for those who love the taste of banana bread but don’t have the time or energy to bake it in the oven. By using a crock pot, you can make this tasty treat without having to worry about heating up your kitchen or constantly checking on your bread.
One of the best things about Crock Pot Banana Bread is how versatile it is. You can customize the recipe to suit your taste by adding nuts, chocolate chips, or other ingredients. Additionally, this recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a healthier version of banana bread. By using whole wheat flour and cutting down on the sugar, you can enjoy a guilt-free dessert that still tastes amazing.
Why You Will Love This Banana Bread Recipe
- Moist and Flavorful: This recipe produces a moist and flavorful banana bread that is perfect for breakfast or as a snack. The bananas add a natural sweetness to the bread, and the cinnamon and nutmeg give it a warm and cozy flavor.
- Saves Time: Making banana bread in a crock pot saves time because you don’t have to heat up your oven or keep an eye on the bread while it bakes. You can set it and forget it, and come back to a delicious loaf of banana bread.
- Versatile: This recipe is versatile and can be customized to your liking. You can add nuts, chocolate chips, or even dried fruit to the batter to make it your own. You can also top the bread with a cream cheese frosting or a drizzle of caramel sauce for an extra special treat.
Slow Cooker Banana Bread
Butter: You need ½ cup (1 stick) of butter, melted, to give the bread rich flavor and moist texture.
Sugar: Using ¾ cup of sugar for a perfectly sweet and chewy loaf of bread.
Brown sugar: For an incredible depth of sweet flavor, add in ¼ cup of packed brown sugar.
Eggs: You will need 2 eggs to help bind the ingredients together well.
Vanilla extract: Enhance the flavors in this bread by adding in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Bananas: Sweeten the bread and give it more great taste by using 3 large very ripe bananas, mashed.
Flour: The structural base of this banana bread is 2 cups of flour.
Baking powder: You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder to help the bread rise as it bakes.
Baking soda: Add in ½ teaspoon of baking soda to give this bread nice soft texture.
Cinnamon: Using 1 teaspoon of cinnamon will spice this bread well and give it wonderful taste.
Walnuts: For a delicious crunch in this bread, add 1 ½ cups of chopped walnuts, divided.
How to make Banana Bread in a Crock Pot
First, line your slow cooker with parchment paper, overlapping pieces to make it easier to remove the bread once it’s cooked. Then spray the parchment paper with non-stick spray.
Also, mash the bananas in a small bowl using a fork or potato masher and set aside.
Next, in a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
Then add in the mashed bananas and stir to combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
Proceed to gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
Lastly, stir in 1 cup of the chopped walnuts.
Once the batter is fully combined, pour the batter into the slow cooker and spread out evenly.
Continue to sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of walnuts over the top of the bread.
Then cover the crock pot and cook on low for 4 hours. Start checking to see if your bread is done around 3 ½ hours. Slow Cookers vary greatly and yours may cook hotter or slower than others. Cooked bread will register 200°F on a cooking thermometer. You can also just insert a toothpick and see if it comes out clean.
Use the edges of the parchment paper to remove the bread from the slow cooker, let cool slightly.
Slice into wedges and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Banana Bread
- ½ cup butter 1 stick, melted
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 bananas mashed, large very ripe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups chopped walnuts divided
- Prep: Line your slow cooker with parchment paper, overlapping pieces to make it easier to remove the bread once it's cooked. Spray the parchment paper with non-stick spray.
- Also, mash the bananas in a small bowl using a fork or potato masher and set aside.
- Batter: In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the mashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in 1 cup of the walnuts.
- Bake: Pour the batter into the slow cooker and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of walnuts over the top of the bread.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Start checking to see if your bread is done around 3 ½ hours. Slow Cookers vary greatly and yours may cook hotter or slower than others. Cooked bread will register 200°F on a cooking thermometer. You can also just insert a toothpick and see if it comes out clean.
- Use the edges of the parchment paper to remove the bread from the slow cooker. Let cool slightly. Slice into wedges and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How to Store Slow Cooker Banana Bread?
Once the Crock Pot Banana Bread is cooked and cooled, it is important to store it properly to ensure it stays fresh and moist. Here are some tips on how to store Crock Pot Banana Bread:
- Room Temperature: If you plan to consume the bread within 1-2 days, storing it at room temperature is fine. Wrap the bread in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in an airtight container. Keep it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Refrigerator: If you want to keep the bread for a longer period, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to a week. Wrap the bread in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in an airtight container. Keep it in the main compartment of the refrigerator, away from any strong-smelling foods.
- Freezer: Crock Pot Banana Bread can be frozen for up to 3 months. Wrap the bread in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in an airtight container. Label the container with the date and store it in the freezer. When ready to eat, thaw the bread in the refrigerator overnight.
It is important to note that storing the bread in the refrigerator or freezer may cause it to become slightly denser and lose some of its moisture. To combat this, you can wrap the bread in a damp paper towel before reheating it in the microwave or oven.
By following these storage tips, you can enjoy your delicious Crock Pot Banana Bread for days to come.
Tips for keeping banana bread from getting soggy
To prevent your banana bread from getting soggy, make sure to let it cool completely before storing it. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store it in an airtight container. You can also add a slice of bread to the container to absorb any excess moisture. Another tip is to bake the bread until it is fully cooked and not undercooked, as undercooked bread can become soggy.
Variations for Crock Pot Banana Bread
Crock Pot Banana Bread is a versatile recipe that can be customized to suit different tastes and preferences. Here are a few variations to consider:
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread: Add ½ cup of chocolate chips to the batter for a delicious chocolatey twist.
- Nutty Banana Bread: Add ½ cup of chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds to the batter for a crunchy texture.
- Spiced Banana Bread: Add 1 tsp of cinnamon and ¼ tsp of nutmeg to the batter for a warm, cozy flavor.
- Pumpkin Banana Bread: Replace ½ cup of mashed bananas with ½ cup of canned pumpkin puree for a seasonal twist.
- Blueberry Banana Bread: Add ½ cup of fresh or frozen blueberries to the batter for a burst of fruity flavor.
Have ripe bananas? Try more amazing banana recipes here:
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bars
- Sour Cream Banana Bread
- Banana Split Pie
- Banana Orange Bars
- Blueberry Banana Cookies
- Double Chocolate Banana Bars
- Frosted Banana Cake
- Banana Pudding Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Banana Cream Pie Muddy Buddies
- Banana Split Cupcakes
- Zucchini Banana Bread
- Banana Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Banana Fudge Bars
- Strawberry Banana Bars
- Banana Cream Pie Cookies
- Banana Cream Fluff Salad
Slow Cooker Banana Bread is an easy way to create a sweet and tasty treat with very little effort! This wonderfully spiced banana bread is made with basic ingredients like butter, flour, cinnamon and brown sugar, all cooked in the slow cooker.