Banana Cream Pie Muddy Buddies are a twist on a classic puppy chow recipe! Chex cereal, powdered sugar & banana cream pie pudding mix combine in this family favorite treat!
This muddy buddy recipe is one you will not soon forget, its flavor combinations are sure to surprise and delight you. Chex mix muddy buddies are made with white chocolate, Chex cereal, and banana pudding mix, every bite is crisp, sweet, and so hard to beat!
What are Banana Cream Muddy Buddies?
We are big fans of muddy buddies here at our house and I am always looking for new flavor variations. I took our Lemon Muddy Buddies and made a few tweaks and the results are delicious. If you like banana cream pie, you have to try these! They are best when served the day you make them, I don’t think they hold up as well as traditional muddy buddies. But you will quickly see just how irresistible they are.
They are a combination of flavors and ingredients that rival that of the more famous puppy chow or muddy buddy recipes out there. With as many muddy buddy recipes as we have on hand here on this site, we sure do know a thing or two about this subject!
Banana Cream Pie Muddy Buddies Ingredients
Chex cereal: You need 6 cups of Chex mix cereal for the base of this muddy buddy mixture. You can use rice, corn, or other plain versions depending on your preference.
Butter: Using ½ cup (one stick) of butter will help achieve a rich texture and flavor.
White chocolate chips: Adding 1 cup of white chocolate chips, or almond bark, will give a “creamy” flavor to pair well with the banana flavor.
Condensed milk: Use ½ cup of sweetened condensed milk, this will make the mix sweet and thick enough to hold well together well.
Milk: Just 1 tablespoon of milk is all you need to help give a better texture with the melted chocolate.
Pudding mix: You will want to use 1 small box (about 3 ounce in size) banana pudding mix. JUST the dry mix only, do not make the pudding according to the package.
Powdered sugar: Use 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar, added a little at a time, to help us achieve a perfectly coated batch of cereal.
How to make banana cream pie muddy buddies
Start by measuring the Chex mix cereal into a large bowl and set it aside.
Then, in a small sauce pan, combine the butter, white chocolate chips, milk, and sweetened condensed milk, cook over medium heat. Continue to stir until smooth and the chocolate is melted.
Next, add in the dry pudding mix and stir to combine.
Remove the mixture from the heat.
Proceed to pour your melted butter and chocolate mixture over the top of the cereal and toss to coat. Pour ½ cup at a time, toss and coat all the cereal well.
After that, sprinkle with the powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, until you reach the desired coating of powdered sugar. I added ½ cup and stirred, then spread the mix down on waxed paper, and dusted with more powdered sugar, I found it easier this way.
Let the cereal mix cool for about 10 minutes, stir lightly, and dust with the remaining ½ cup of powdered sugar.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
BANANA CREAM PIE MUDDY BUDDIES
- 6 cups Chex cereal
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 small box Banana Cream pudding mix 3 ounce box
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Start by measuring the Chex mix cereal into a large bowl and set it aside.
- Then, in a small saucepan, combine the butter, white chocolate chips, milk, and sweetened condensed milk, cook over medium heat. Continue to stir until smooth and the chocolate is melted.
- Next, add in the dry pudding mix and gently whisk to combine. Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Proceed to pour your melted butter and chocolate mixture over the top of the cereal and toss to coat. Pour ½ of the mixture at a time, toss and coat all the cereal well.
- After that, sprinkle with the powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, until you reach the desired coating of powdered sugar. I added ½ cup and stirred, then spread the mix down on waxed paper, and dusted with more powdered sugar, until it was all well coated.
- Let the cereal mix cool for about 10 minutes, stir lightly, and dust with the remaining ½ cup of powdered sugar. Serve immediately and enjoy!
How long are banana cream muddy buddies good for?
This mixture is best eaten the same day that it is made. In the following days, even if stored in an airtight container the mixture may feel soggy, stale, or extra chewy. While it will still taste good, the actual texture will be different from expected and may hinder the results. So make sure you are ready to eat and share when you whip up your next batch.
Am I using instant pudding mix for these muddy buddies?
Yes, we will be using a box of instant dry pudding mix. Do not prepare the pudding as directed on the box! We ONLY want the powdery stuff in the box as that gives us the most perfect flavor and texture.
How do I store muddy buddies?
The best way to store these is in an airtight container or ziplocked bag, to keep them as fresh as possible as long as possible. Keep them at room temperature as well.
ENJOY MUDDY BUDDIES & CHEX MIX RECIPES? TRY THESE:
- LEMON MUDDY BUDDIES
- HOW TO MAKE MUDDY BUDDIES
- EASY PEPPERMINT CHEX MIX
- CHRISTMAS MUDDY BUDDIES
- STRAWBERRY LEMONADE CHEX MIX
- MINT MUDDY BUDDIES
- LEMON MUDDY BUDDIES
- HARVEST CHEX MIX
- GOOEY HOLIDAY CHEX MIX
- EASY PEPPERMINT CHEX MIX
- WHITE CHOCOLATE GINGERBREAD CHEX MIX
- FUNFETTI CHEX MIX RECIPE
- STRAWBERRY VALENTINE CHEX MIX
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEX MIX
- BANANA CREAM PIE MUDDY BUDDIES
Banana cream muddy buddies are an easy to make cereal treat that’s perfect for any occasion. Made with just a few ingredients, this dish is sweet, creamy, crisp, and fun.