Harvest Chex Mix made with M&M’s, pretzels, candy corn & more! Mix tossed in pumpkin spiced butter then baked for the perfect crunch. Perfectly simple sweet & salty Fall treat!
Hey there, Sarah here from Feeding Your Fam popping in to bring you this super simple Chex Mix Recipe that will make your Fall delicious. This is such a simple recipe, uses only a few ingredients and comes together quick. You are going to love the sweet pumpkin flavor that reminds you of pumpkin pie and parties!!
This Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix recipe makes a really big batch, so be prepared to share. This is perfect for bringing along to those family or neighborhood get togethers or just making for a movie night at home. This recipe stores really well and will keep for days in an air tight container.
Ingredients for Harvest Chex Mix
- Rice Chex Cereal- this is the one I used in this recipe, but you can also use Corn, Wheat or even Honey Nut Chex in this recipe as well.
- Pretzels-the mini twists are the best
- Bugles-these are those super salty, tasty horn shaped chips. They add a delicious saltiness to this recipe and are easily found in the chip section at your local grocery store.
- Peanuts-dry roasted peanuts
- M & Ms-you could go for any variety for this recipe if you are feeling adventurous
- Reese’s Pieces candies
- Harvest Mix-the candy corn mixture that has pumpkins and different colors of candy corn
Pumpkin Spice Coating Ingredients
- Brown Sugar
- Pumpkin Spice
How to make Harvest Chex Mix
In a large mixing bowl combine the cereal, pretzels, Bugles and peanuts. Toss to combine and mix them up.
Place the butter and brown sugar in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stirring half way.
Add the vanilla and pumpkin spice to the melted butter and brown sugar mixture.
Pour the pumpkin spice mixture over the cereal mixture in the bowl and toss with a wooden spoon or spatula until everything is coated.
Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or spraying with cooking spray. Pour the cereal mixture out evenly onto the baking sheet and bake in a 275º F oven for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
After it is done baking, remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet. Pour into a large serving bowl and add in the rest of the candy. Toss to combine and enjoy!!
Harvest Chex Mix
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups mini pretzel twists
- 3 cups Bugles
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup Reese's candies
- 1/2 cup M & M candies
- 1 cup Harvest Mix Candy
Pumpkin Spice Coating
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat oven to 275º F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or spraying with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cereal, pretzels, Bugles and peanuts.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the butter and brown sugar. Place in the microwave and cook for one minute, stirring half way. Remove from the microwave and stir in the vanilla and pumpkin spice
- Pour the pumpkin spice mixture over the cereal mixture and stir to evenly coat.
- Pour out onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Place in a serving bowl and toss in the Reese's, M & Ms and Harvest Mix.
Enjoy Chex Mix recipes? Try these:
- CARAMEL NUT SNACK MIX
- FUNFETTI CHEX MIX RECIPE
- LEMON MUDDY BUDDIES
- GOOEY HOLIDAY CHEX MIX
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEX MIX
- EASY PEPPERMINT CHEX MIX
- WHITE CHOCOLATE GINGERBREAD CHEX MIX
- MINT MUDDY BUDDIES
- STRAWBERRY LEMONADE CHEX MIX
- STRAWBERRY VALENTINE CHEX MIX
Harvest Chex Mix is a simple treat made with cereal, pretzels, chips & peanuts tossed in a delicious pumpkin spiced butter, then baked for the perfect crunch. Add in some M & Ms, Reese’s candy, harvest mix candy and this is the perfect treat for any Fall or Holiday get together.