White Chocolate Chex Mix is made with cereal, pretzels, peanuts and M&Ms all coated in white chocolate. This easy white chocolate chex mix recipe is salty and sweet and comes together in less than 5 minutes!
Why you’ll love this chex mix recipe:
- Perfect for the holidays…and the rest of the year too! White Chocolate Chex Mix is one of my favorite recipes to take to a party or to divide up into festive little bags to hand out to neighbors and friends during the holiday season. Although I typically pull out this recipe around the holidays, it is also a great snack mix for the rest of the year too. Just use regular M&Ms instead of the holiday variety and this easy chex mix recipe becomes the perfect snack all year long!
- Easy to make! The white chocolate coating is easily melted in the microwave which means this recipe could not be any easier to make! You can make the whole recipe in less than 5 minutes.
- Delicious snack! Everyone loves Chex Mix, especially coated in chocolate! This snack mix is the perfect blend of salty and sweet and everyone goes crazy over it.
What is White Chocolate Chex Mix?
White Chocolate Chex Mix is a delicious snack and/or dessert recipe that is super easy to make. You will need pretzels, Honey Nut Cheerios, Corn Chex, peanuts and M&Ms. Mix all of those ingredients together and mix with melted white chocolate. That’s it! Once the chocolate has set up, you can take the whole batch to a party, or you can divide it up and give it to all your friends and neighbors as a holiday gift!
How to share White Chocolate Chex Mix
This White Chocolate Party Mix recipe makes a TON so you will definitely want to plan to share!
My favorite way to gift this delicious chex mix recipe is to put it in cellophane bags like these. These work great for teacher Christmas gifts too, who doesn’t love an edible gift? You can easily make 15-20 generously portioned gift bags out of just one batch. This recipe is super easy, ridiculously inexpensive and everyone loves this delightful snack mix.
Ingredients in White Chocolate Chex Mix
Mini pretzels – I like to use the twisty pretzels, but you could use pretzel sticks or any other shape of pretzels you’d like. If you can find holiday shaped pretzels at the store, go ahead and use those!
Honey Nut Cheerios – The recipe calls for Honey Nut Cheerios and those definitely provide the most flavor, but I’ve used regular Cheerios in a pinch and they work out just fine too!
Corn Chex – This recipe calls for Corn Chex, but I’ve used Rice Chex before.
Salted peanuts – You will need 2 cups of salted peanuts to provide a delicious crunch to this chex mix recipe. I actually prefer to use the “lightly salted” variety in most recipes because I think the regular ones are just a bit too salty for my preference.
M&M’s – Grab a 1lb bag of M&M’s. You can use regular ones or use a holiday variety to create a festive treat.
White Chocolate chips – Melting white chocolate chips provides the candy coating to this delicious snack mix. You could also use vanilla almond bark or your preferred brand of melting chocolate. The white chocolate looks the prettiest, but you can use milk or dark chocolate if you’d like. It may not be quite as pretty, but it tastes amazing too!
Coconut oil – You need a little coconut oil to help thin out the chocolate chips when you melt them. If you do not have coconut oil, vegetable oil works great too.
How to make White Chocolate Chex Mix
On a large baking pan cover with wax paper and set aside.
In a large bowl combine the mini pretzels, Cheerios, Chex, peanuts and M&M’s. Set aside.
In a separate medium size bowl, heat the white chocolate chips and oil in the microwave for one minute. Stir and then microwave for another one minute. Stir, repeat heating in small intervals until mixture is smooth and completely melted.
Proceed to pour the melted chocolate over the chex mix and cereal mixture. Continue to mix well and then spread onto the prepared baking pan lined with wax paper.
Let cool for roughly 20-30 minutes, until chocolate has cooled and then carefully break apart. Serve in a large bowl or store in an air tight container.
White Chocolate Chex Mix
- 5 cups mini pretzels
- 5 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 5 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 lb. M&M’s
- 2 package white chocolate chips 12 oz. each
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil vegetable oil works fine too
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper, set aside for later use.
- Combine the pretzels, Cheerios, Chex, peanuts and M&M’s in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, heat the white chocolate chips and oil in the microwave for one minute. Stir, and then microwave for one more minute. Stir until smooth and completely melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate over cereal mixture. Mix well and then spread onto a baking pan lined with wax paper.
- Let cool for 20-30 minutes and then break apart. Serve in a large bowl or store in an air tight container.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
ENJOY MUDDY BUDDIES & CHEX MIX RECIPES? TRY THESE:
- LEMON MUDDY BUDDIES
- EASY PEPPERMINT CHEX MIX
- STRAWBERRY LEMONADE CHEX MIX
- MINT MUDDY BUDDIES
- HOT CHOCOLATE SNACK MIX
- GOOEY HOLIDAY CHEX MIX
- WHITE CHOCOLATE GINGERBREAD CHEX MIX
- STRAWBERRY VALENTINE CHEX MIX
- ELF BAIT CHRISTMAS SNACK MIX
What type of chocolate works best in white chocolate party mix?
I usually just use whatever brand of white chocolate chips I happen to have on hand, and the recipe tastes amazing and works out well every time! If you are a little bit pickier about your chocolate, you can definitely use a higher quality white chocolate for the candy coating on this Chex mix. I actually don’t usually like white chocolate very much, but absolutely love it in this recipe – something about the combination of all the different flavors makes it so savory!
How long can you store chex mix?
This chex mix recipe will stay fresh for about 3-4 days in an airtight container. Any longer than that, and the cereal will start to taste a bit stale, so make sure to package some up and start handing it out to the neighbors – this batch is pretty large!
Can I freeze this chex mix recipe?
Although this treat is meant to be enjoyed immediately upon making it you can freeze this treat for up to four weeks. Ensure it is in an air tight container to reduce the amount of condensation when it thaws. You can even spread on a baking sheet and heat for a few minutes to bring the mixture back to life after freezing, let cool before eating. The treat will be good for about 3-4 days after thawing.
More easy holiday treat recipes to try:
- CREAM CHEESE CHOCOLATE FUDGE
- SNOWMAN BROWNIE BITES
- CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY STICKS
- MARSHMALLOW PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE BARK
- PEPPERMINT OREO FUDGE
- EASY PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
- CHRISTMAS JELLO POKE CAKE
- OREO BALLS
- TURTLE CANDY RECIPE
- CHRISTMAS CINNAMON ROLLS
- HOMEMADE PEPPERMINT PATTIES
- HOT COCOA COOKIES
White Chocolate Chex Mix is made with cereal, pretzels, peanuts and M&Ms all coated in white chocolate. This easy chex mix recipe is salty and sweet and comes together in less than 5 minutes!