This Chex buddies recipe is really easy to make (like you’d expect from a puppy chow recipe!) These lemon muddy buddies are simple, easy, and downright delicious. Can’t get much better than that, right?
I love making food I know my kids will love and have fun eating. So when I saw a recipe tweaking one of our favorite kid-approved desserts I knew I had to try it! You can also take this recipe and substitute the lemon pudding for banana cream, cheesecake, or vanilla – YUM! So easy and versatile.
Chex buddies can be made gluten free by choosing to use gluten free Chex cereal. This recipe doesn’t ask for anything that normally contains gluten so they are gluten free too. If you are looking to avoid gluten because of an allergy keep a close eye on ingredients and cross contamination warnings.
How to store lemon muddy buddies
Keep your muddy buddies stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a few days. While they’ll still taste amazing, the texture may become stale as they age, so it’s best to enjoy them when they’re fresh.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe:
-6 cups rice Chex cereal
-1/2 cup butter
-1 cup white chocolate chips
-1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
-1/2 tsp vanilla
-1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
-1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
In a large bowl, measure out the cereal and then set it aside.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, white chocolate chips, and heavy whipping cream along with the sweetened condensed milk. Continue stirring until the mixture is smooth.
Add in the pudding mix and stir to combine.
Remove the pan from the heat and then stir in the vanilla.
Pour the mixture over the cereal and then carefully stir to coat.
Toss the cereal mix with the powdered sugar to coat. You can add in ½ a cup at a time until you will reach your desired amount of coating.
Spread the mixture onto a baking tray until cooled completely. Store in an airtight container.
LEMON MUDDY BUDDIES
- 6 cups rice Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 oz instant lemon pudding mix small box
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, measure cereal and set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine butter, white chocolate chips, heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk over medium heat.
- Continue stirring until smooth, add the pudding mix and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour over cereal and carefully stir to coat.
- Toss with powdered sugar. If you add sugar a 1/2 C at a time then it's easier to coat the cereal.
- Spread onto a baking tray until cooled completely. Store in an airtight container.
Can I make other muddy buddy flavors?
Absolutely! By using a different box of flavored pudding mix you can create any flavor of muddy buddies that you want! With there being so many different flavor options out there, you can only imagine the unlimited flavor potential!
Can I freeze lemon muddy buddies?
Yes, you can! Just like most muddy buddy recipes, you can freeze these! Perfect for making a snack and getting it to last a long time. Simply let it finish cooling and hardening and then place it in an airtight container in the freezer until you’re ready to eat.
- Strawberry Valentine Chex Mix
- Mint Muddy Buddies
- Reindeer Food
- White Chocolate Cranberry Rice Krispie Treats
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Chex Mix
- Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Squares
- White Chocolate Party Mix
- Reeses Krispie No Bake Cookies
- No Bake Smores Bars
- Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats
- Strawberry Lemonade Chex Mix
- Oreo Krispie Treats
- Rice Krispie Ice Cream Cones
- Gooey Holiday Chex Mix
- Butterscotch Krispie Treats
These lemon muddy buddies may not be the Muddy buddy recipe that your mind thinks of when you’re hungry for a sweet and crunchy snack, but they will be as soon as you try them. With bursting tangy flavors in every bite, these are the perfect springtime treat. Lemon Muddy Buddy recipe made with lemon pudding mix, sweetened condensed milk, white chocolate and powdered sugar. These bite-sized lemon treats are a huge crowd pleaser!