Easy Lemon Poppy Seed Bread is a simple, sweet bread recipe that is made with just a few ingredients. Cake mix & lemon pudding mix make this quick bread come together fast. This simple quick bread recipe will be one you will want to make over and over again.
Hey there, Sarah here from Feeding Your Fam to bring you this super delicious recipe for Lemon Poppy Seed Bread. This recipe is a perfect addition to your sweet bread list. Move over banana bread, there’s a new favorite in town!
This tangy lemon bread is made with a yellow cake mix, lemon pudding, poppy seeds, lemon juice, eggs, water and a little oil. Drizzled with a simple lemon, powdered sugar glaze, for a perfectly flavored, moist bread. This quick bread recipe is sure to be one for sharing!!
How to make Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
To make this simple lemon poppy seed bread, start by combining the cake mix, lemon pudding, eggs, oil, water and poppy seeds. These can easily be mixed together by hand or with an electric mixer. If using an electric mixer be sure to not over mix the bread mixture.
Stir until just combined and no lumps appear in the mixture.
Pour into a well greased loaf pan. For this recipe I used a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan to make one loaf of this lemon poppy seed bread. If you are using a smaller pan, you can divide the bread mixture into 2 loaves.
Use the back of a spoon or a spatula to make sure the mix is smooth and even in the pan. Place in an oven at 350ºF and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center of the loaf.
Leave the lemon poppy seed bread in the loaf pan when it is done cooking and place on a cooling rack, allow it to cool in the pan before glazing.
Lemon Glaze for Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
To make the simple lemon glaze for this lemon poppy seed bread simply combine powdered sugar and fresh lemon juice. This simple glaze adds another layer of sweet and tangy that just takes this bread over the top.
Drizzle the glaze over the bread after you have removed it from the loaf pan. This can be done while the bread is still warm, or just before serving. The glaze will soak into the bread adding a delicious flavor to each bite.
Ingredients for Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- yellow cake mix
- instant lemon pudding
- vegetable or canola oil
Ingredients for Lemon Glaze
- powdered sugar
- lemon juice
Can I Freeze Lemon Poppy Seed Bread?
If you need to make this ahead, this bread is easy to freeze, just wrap in plastic wrap, foil or even a large freezer bag and place in the freezer. It is best used within 2 to 3 months after freezer, but will be good for longer if needed.
Before you wrap and freeze, make sure your bread has cooled completely.
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 3 oz instant lemon pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the cake mix, pudding, eggs, water, oil and poppy seeds. Stir by hand or mix with an electric mixer until well combined and no lumps appear.
- Pour into well greased loaf pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- Drizzle over the top of the cooked loaf once it has cooled and been removed from the pan.
More amazing quick bread recipes that we love:
- Best Zucchini Quick Bread recipe
- Easy Lemon Quick Bread
- Yogurt Banana Bread recipe
- Dutch Apple Quick Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Quick Bread
- Caramel Banana Nut Bread
- Best Ever Pumpkin Quick Bread
- Fresh Lemon Buttermilk Quick Bread
- Frosted Caramel Apple Quick Bread
- Best Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread
- Peppermint Chocolate Quick Bread recipe
- Easy Cranberry Orange Quick Bread
- Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread recipe
Easy Lemon Poppy Seed Bread is a simple, sweet bread recipe that is made with just a few ingredients. Using a cake mix and lemon pudding, makes this bread come together fast. This simple quick bread recipe will be one you will want to make over and over again.