Apple Zucchini Bread is packed with fresh zucchini, apple, and walnuts! This recipe for apple zucchini bread is a sensational quick bread that everyone loves!
With so many flavors working well together in this zucchini apple bread, you get slices of heaven in every loaf. This zucchini nut bread is a surefire way to serve up something delicious no matter the occasion or time of day, it is a tasty treat to be enjoyed at anytime!
Zucchini and Apple Bread
Some of our most popular recipes include zucchini so we have no doubt that this recipe is going to quickly rank amongst the others. It is easy to see why, this vegetable is so versatile and can be made in so many different ways. What I love about baking with zucchini is that I can sneak important vitamins and antioxidants into treats and my kids eat it up!
These veggies also have a high fiber content and low calorie count, so a case could be made that this apple zucchini bread is good for you! Apple cinnamon zucchini bread may be perfect for the fall season, but you can enjoy this treat all year round!
Why we think you should try this delightful break recipe!
- Simple steps. The steps for making this zucchini and apple bread recipe are simple and easy to do. The most time-consuming step is grating the zucchini but you can make that go faster with the help of a food processor with a grater attachment.
- Basic ingredients. If you have zucchini and apples already then chances are good that you may already have the remaining ingredients needed for this bread recipe like flour, eggs, sugar, and vegetable oil. If you do, you can avoid a trip to the store and get your bread in the oven even more quickly.
- Twice the fun! Every batch of this delicious zucchini bread actually makes 2 loaves (not just one!) So there is always plenty to share. Make 6 mini loaf pans for added fun if you are looking to share with friends and family.
Apple Zucchini Bread Ingredients
Sugars: You will need 1 cup of granulated sugar and 1 cup of brown sugar to make this bread perfectly sweet with deep flavors.
Eggs: Use 3 large eggs to help bind the batter together so that the bread doesn’t crumble apart when sliced.
Oil: Your bread will need fats to stay moist so add in 1 cup of vegetable oil. You can also replace the oil with ½ a cup of applesauce for a healthier twist.
Vanilla: Use 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract to help enhance all the flavors in this bread.
Flour: The base of this bread recipe is 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
Cinnamon: You will want 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon to help spice this bread wonderfully.
Salt: Adding in 1 teaspoon of salt will help to make the flavors in this bread even more pronounced.
Leavening agents: You will need 1 teaspoon each of baking powder and baking soda to get the quick bread to rise as it bakes.
Zucchini: Use 2 cups of grated zucchini so that there is plenty in every slice.
Apple: Adding in 1 cup of diced, peeled apple is an amazing addition to this bread.
Walnuts: You can add in 1 cup of chopped walnuts for added crunch and texture in your loaf.
How to Make Apple Zucchini Bread
Grease the inside of (2) 8×4 inch bread loaf pans. Set aside.
Then, start preheating the oven to 325 degrees F.
Next, grate the zucchini using a box grater and set it aside.
Peel one medium-sized apple and then slice and chop it into small chunks. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Stir to mix ingredients together.
Then, in a separate small bowl, beat the eggs, oil, vanilla extract, and both white and brown sugar, together until well combined.
Proceed to add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir together until combined.
Lastly, fold in the grated zucchini and apple pieces, along with the nuts. Stir to just combined, be careful not to over stir.
Let the batter rest for 5 minutes and then divide and pour into the prepared bread pans.
Place the bread into the oven and bake for 40-60 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and come out clean.
Mini loaf pans will cook for 35-40 minutes and larger loaves will take about 55 minutes.
When finished cooking, let the bread cool in the pan for 20 minutes before removing it from the pan and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Should you squeeze water out of zucchini for bread?
If your zucchini is excessively juicy or watery then squeezing out some moisture using paper towels or cheesecloth can help you to avoid dense bread. Zucchini is naturally very watery, you want some moisture but overly so could great dense bread. If you leave the zucchini in a bowl and let it rest, water will start to accumulate. Before adding to the bread batter, just drain the excess water out first. This can be considered an optional step, it may not be needed.
APPLE ZUCCHINI BREAD
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil (or applesauce for 1/2 the oil)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup apple, diced and peeled
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Grease two 8 x 4 inch pans or 6 mini loaf plans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grate the zucchini using a box grater and set aside. Peel 1 medium apple, then slice and chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Next, in a separate small bowl, beat the eggs, oil, vanilla extract, and sugars together.
- Then, add the wet ingredients to the large bowl of dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Add the zucchini and apples to the bread batter, along with the nuts, and stir until well combined. Let the batter sit 5 minutes, then pour the batter into the prepared pans.
- Place bread into the oven and bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. My mini-loaf pans take about 35-40 minutes. Large sized loaves take about 55 minutes.
- When done cooking, cool in the pan on rack a for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool. Enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long is zucchini bread good for?
This zucchini bread can be kept stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. For longer storage wrap it well in plastic wrap after it has completely cooled and then store it in an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw before eating.
Best Apples for Cooking
Often times cooking with apples requires firm, crisp apples like Fuji, Pink Lady, Honey Crisp or Granny Smith. Remember that each apple varies in tartness! Granny Smith apples are most tart, whereas Fuji apples are very sweet. You can use softer apples such as Red Delicious or Golden Delicious, but you’ll drastically reduce the cooking time, or else your apples might turn to mush!
AVOID SUNKEN BREAD
The easiest and best way to avoid sunken bread is to use a cooking thermometer to check the inside of the loaf. Fully cooked bread will register 200°F on a thermometer. My all-time favorite thermometer is the Thermapen. It’s super fast and incredibly durable. Another great cooking thermometer is the ThermoPop which is a more basic version that works just as well.
BEST BREAD PAN?
I bake a lot of bread and the pans I prefer are either ceramic, glass or cast iron. These pans will bake bread more evenly and release the bread more easily after baking. I don’t like using dark or nonstick pans because the bread cooks unevenly. It darkens on the outside before the bread is cooked on the inside, so the coloring is uneven. Read more about which bread pan is the best here!
DID YOUR QUICK BREAD SINK IN THE MIDDLE?
Here’s how to help your quick bread not sink in the middle after it’s baked. This happens to me occasionally too! Often it’s because I’ve over mixed the batter. Quick bread (referring to a bread recipe that doesn’t use yeast) does not like to be stirred too much, so try to just barely mix all the ingredients together. Another culprit could be overfilling the pan. The bread pan should be only half full each time. As always, make sure your baking soda isn’t too old- it should only be on your shelf for 6-9 months before purchasing new.
Check out these other great quick bread recipes you’re going to love!
- LEMON BLUEBERRY POUND CAKE
- FRESH CRANBERRY ORANGE BREAD
- CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT BREAD
- FROSTED GINGERBREAD LOAF
- SWEET IRISH SODA BREAD
- PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE BREAD
- PINEAPPLE QUICK BREAD
- PINEAPPLE ZUCCHINI BREAD
- EASY CINNAMON ROLL QUICK BREAD
- PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE GINGERBREAD
- DUTCH APPLE BREAD RECIPE
- LEMON ZUCCHINI BREAD
- CINNAMON YOGURT BREAD
Apple Zucchini Bread is an easy bread that is loaded with fresh zucchini, apple, and crunchy walnuts! This recipe for apple zucchini bread is a wonderfully spiced treat that will surely become a new family favorite!