Strawberry Ice Cream Pie is a simple dessert made with a graham cracker crust, hot fudge and strawberry ice cream. This ice cream pie recipe comes together quick with just a few ingredients.
Hey there! Sarah from Feeding Your Fam here to share a sweet recipe for Strawberry Ice Cream Pie!
What is Ice Cream Pie?
Ice cream pie is a serious dessert!! It’s like an ice cream sundae and a delicious pie in one tasty treat! This is one sweet pie you will want to bring to all the parties this summer, it might even become the requested treat for all of those upcoming birthday parties. Who wouldn’t want to put a candle in this pie??
This Strawberry Ice Cream Pie is made by first making a crispy graham cracker crust, adding a layer of hot fudge and topping it all off with some softened strawberry ice cream. Everyone you share this with will be asking for the recipe!!
How to Make Graham Cracker Crust
Graham Cracker Crusts are so easy to make. I like to use my food processor to crush up the graham crackers and then add in the brown sugar and melted butter and pulse until it is like sand. If you don’t have a food processor, this graham cracker crust can be done with zip top bags or just in a mixing bowl.
To make a graham cracker crust in a plastic zip top bag, first put in the graham crackers and crush by using your hands or rolling over the crackers with a rolling pin. Add in the brown sugar and melted butter and mix by rolling the bag between your hands until sand like mixture is formed.
To make graham cracker crust in a mixing bowl. Crush the graham crackers with your hand or the backside of a wooden spoon. Add in brown sugar and melted butter and mix until like sand.
Press the graham cracker crust into the bottom of an 9 inch pie pan, bake in a 375ºF oven for 8 minutes, until golden brown.
Hot Fudge Sauce Layer
The next layer in this Strawberry Ice Cream Pie is the Hot Fudge!! I mean how can you have ice cream without hot fudge?? I like to put the hot fudge in the microwave for about 30 seconds to soften it up. Pour it into the cooled graham cracker crust and spread it evenly across the bottom of the pie pan. Let it sit for a minute to cool before adding the softened ice cream.
Strawberry Ice Cream
And now for the star of the show….the final layer of deliciousness….the Strawberry Ice Cream!! I like to take out the ice cream when I start this recipe to let it sit on the counter and softened while I make the crust and add the hot fudge. You want the ice cream to be soft, not liquid. It will be easier to spread if it is softened.
Using a spatula, spread the softened ice cream gently across the top of the hot fudge layer, trying not to mix the two layers. Once the ice cream is smoothed across the top of the pie tin, cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours or over night.
Can I Make Strawberry Ice Cream Pie Ahead?
This Strawberry Ice Cream Pie is so easy to make ahead. It will last in your freezer for a week, or longer. Make sure to cover tightly before placing in the freezer to avoid causing any freezer burn. Remove from the freezer a few minutes before serving to allow it to soften a little so it is easier to slice. This ice cream pie is best served with whipped cream and fresh cut strawberries.
Strawberry Ice Cream Pie Recipe
Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 11.5 oz hot fudge
- 3 cups softened strawberry ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Remove ice cream from freezer and allow to soften.
- In a food processor crush graham crackers until fine. This will take about 12 graham crackers. Add in the melted butter and brown sugar, pulse until a sand like mixture has formed.
- Press the graham cracker crust evenly into the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan, making sure to cover the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Use the back of a measuring cup or large spoon to press the crust.
- Bake the crust in the heated oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Cool for a few minutes before adding the hot fudge and ice cream.
- Softened the hot fudge by placing in the microwave for 30 seconds. Spread the hot fudge evenly across the top of the graham cracker crust.
- With a spatula, spread the softened ice cream across the top of the hot fudge layer, filling the pie pan to the top with the ice cream. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours, or over night.
- Store tightly covered in the freezer. Remove from the freezer 5-10 minutes before serving for easier slicing.
Love Pie recipes? So do we!
- Raspberry Ice Cream Pie
- Banana Split Pie
- Lemon Icebox Pie
- Caramel Chocolate Turtle Pie
- Homemade Boston Creme Pie
- Snickerdoodle Apple Pie Cookie Cups
- Easy Peach Pie
- Apple Pie Fries
- Caramel Pecan Apple Pie
- Creamy Peach Pie
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- Pina Colada Pie
- Apple Hand Pies
Enjoy Strawberry recipes? Here are more to try:
- Easy Strawberry Trifle recipe
- Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad recipe
- Easy Strawberry Crisp recipe
- Strawberry Shortcake Cake recipe
- Easy No-Pectin Strawberry Jam
- Mini Glazed Strawberry Cupcakes
- Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- Glazed Strawberry Fruit Pizza
- Frosted Strawberry Cookies
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Easy Strawberry Butter
- Quick Strawberry Ice Cream recipe
- Strawberry Crumb Bars