Raspberry ice cream pie is a tangy sweet dessert that’s perfect for summer or holidays. With fresh raspberries, chocolate crust, and a creamy filling, you know it’s going to be good!
If you’re looking for a chilled dessert that’s perfect for summer, this pie is it! Made quickly and easily, this raspberry pie with chocolate crust is as decadent as it is gorgeous. The best part of all is that it requires just a few basic ingredients and steps so you can spend less time prepping and more time enjoying the sunshine before digging into that first slice.
What is raspberry ice cream pie?
It’s a simple and easy no bake creamy pie made with pureed raspberries, sugar, cream, and Greek yogurt so every bite is smooth, rich, and fabulous. Add in the premade chocolate oreo crust (or one you make yourself and you know you’ll be taking a bite out of heaven!
RASPBERRY ICE CREAM PIE INGREDIENTS
-Pie crust: Use a premade storebought Oreo pie crust to cut down on time and effort or make one yourself. You could even use a regular graham cracker pie crust if chocolate isn’t your thing.
-Raspberries: We want 3 cups of fresh raspberries to help us achieve that berry flavor and red color.
-Lemon Juice: With 1 tablespoon of lemon juice we can make sure our pie tastes fresh and tangy good.
-Sugar: We don’t need too much sugar but 3/4 cups of granulated sugar will help us to cut down on some of the acidity and round out the sweet flavors.
-Heavy Cream: We want to use 3/4 cups of heavy whipping cream to make our cake fluffy and fabulous.
-Greek Yogurt: Adding in just 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt will allow our cake to taste richer and it adds in a little protein as well.
How to make raspberry ice cream pie
Place 2 cups of fresh raspberries into a blender with the sugar and the lemon juice. Puree until smooth.
Strain the mixer through a mesh strainer and into a small bowl. This will remove the unwanted seeds.
In another mixing bowl, beat together the heavy cream and yogurt with an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form. This will take several minutes. A colder bowl will help to speed up this process.
Stir in the raspberry mixture until combined. Pour it into the crust.
Top with some remaining raspberries and then freeze until the pie is firm, this should take about 5-6 hours.
Drizzle the top with chocolate syrup if desired and let sit for 10-15 minutes before slicing to make it easier.
- Oreo pie crust you could use a graham cracker crust if you prefer - either way is delicious
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Put 2 cups of raspberries in a blender with the sugar and lemon juice and puree until smooth. Strain through a mesh strainer into a small bowl, discarding the seeds once strained.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat together cream and yogurt with an electric mixer on high speed for several minutes until stiff peaks form. (To speed up this process, use a metal bowl and put it in the freezer about 10-20 minutes before beating the cream - this will drastically reduce the time needed to whip the cream.)
- Stir in the raspberry mixture and then pour into the crust.
- Top with the remaining cup of raspberries and freeze until firm (about 5-6 hours).
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup if desired and set out for about 10-15 minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!
How long is chocolate raspberry pie good for?
If kept well covered in the freezer, this pie could last about 2-3 months. I recommend eating it much sooner though to help avoid frot bite and ice crystals from forming as they take away from the wonderful flavor and texture just a tad.
Why is it called ice cream pie if there is no ice cream?
We came up with the term “ice cream pie” for this raspberry dessert because it has the makings of ice cream in the ingredients. You can DIY your own ice creams at home with just sugar and heavy cream ad that’s basically what we did here. By beating the heavy cream until light and fluffy and having the sugary berry mixture tossed in, the two because an ice cream-like texture when frozen solid and it truly does feel like you’re eating an ice cream pie in every bite. Wonderful, right?
Love Pie recipes? So do we!
- Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- Banana Split Pie
- Lemon Icebox Pie
- Caramel Chocolate Turtle Pie
- Homemade Boston Creme Pie
- Snickerdoodle Apple Pie Cookie Cups
- Easy Peach Pie
- Apple Pie Fries
- Gingerbread Whoopie Pies
- Caramel Pecan Apple Pie
- Creamy Peach Pie
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- Pina Colada Pie
- Apple Hand Pies
- Easy Lemon Chiffon Pie
This easy to make rapsberry ice cream pie just takes a few simple ingredients and a little bit of effort. Within minutes you can have a pie in the icebox and waiting for dessert time. Dig in!