Frozen Peanut Butter Pie is cold, creamy and easy to make with only five ingredients! This no bake peanut butter pie recipe is a family favorite dessert that only takes a few minutes to make!
How to make no bake peanut butter pie
This frozen dessert is made with cream cheese, peanut butter, whipped topping and powdered sugar all mixed together and then put in a pre-made graham cracker crust. I like to add a little bit of grated chocolate and chocolate syrup on the top right before serving. Such a yummy dessert that is so easy to make!
What type of peanut butter do you use in no bake peanut butter pie?
The recipe calls for crunchy peanut butter, but creamy peanut butter is delicious too. You can use any brand of peanut butter, even more natural peanut butters work great.
Ingredients in frozen peanut butter pie
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (1/2 of an 8 oz brick)
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (you could use creamy too, but I love the crunchy kind in this recipe)
- 8 oz. container Cool Whip, thawed
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 graham cracker crust
How to make frozen peanut butter pie
- Combine the cream cheese and peanut butter in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Cool Whip and powdered sugar and continue beating until smooth.
- Spoon the filling into the crust and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight. I like to drizzle the pie with some chocolate syrup and I usually add some chocolate shavings to the top also – it makes a fabulous dessert even better and it looks fancier that way too!
Can I make no bake peanut butter pie ahead?
This Frozen Peanut Butter Pie is so easy to make ahead. It will last in your freezer for a week, or longer. Make sure to cover tightly before placing in the freezer to avoid causing any freezer burn. Remove from the freezer a few minutes before serving to allow it to soften a little so it is easier to slice.
How to grate chocolate
I like to put a little bit of grated chocolate on top of the pie just to add a little bit of easy decoration. And chocolate is never a bad thing! I just use a regular cheese grater with a Hershey bar. You can use as much of the candy bar as you want – totally depends on how much chocolate you want to add! One tip – keep the candy bar in the refrigerator for a few hours before you grate it so that it doesn’t melt as you grate it.
FROZEN PEANUT BUTTER PIE
- 4 oz cream cheese softened (1/2 of an 8 oz brick)
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter you could use creamy too, but I love the crunchy kind in this recipe
- 8 oz. container Cool Whip thawed
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 graham cracker crust
- Combine the cream cheese and peanut butter in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer for about 2-3 minutes. Add the Cool Whip and powdered sugar and continue beating until smooth.
- Spoon the filling into the crust and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- I like to drizzle the pie with some chocolate syrup and I usually add some chocolate shavings to the top also - it makes a fabulous dessert even better and it looks fancier that way too! Enjoy!
Like frozen desserts? Here are more of our favorites!
- Banana Split Milkshakes
- Easy Kool-Aid Sherbet
- Easy Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- Quick Strawberry Ice Cream
- Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Strawberry Banana Sorbet recipe
- Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- Apple Pie Milkshakes
- Skinny OREO Milkshakes
- Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies
How to make a homemade graham cracker pie crust
I like to save time by using a pre-made graham cracker crust in this recipe, but it is very easy to make your own if you prefer. To make a graham cracker crust, you will need:
-12 graham crackers, crushed into fine crumbs (about 1 1/2 cups of crumbs)
-1/3 cup sugar
-6 tablespoons of melted butter
Mix he graham cracker crumbs with the sugar and melted butter and then press into the bottom of a pie pan, pressing up the sides as well. Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes and then let it cool.
How do you soften cream cheese?
Cream cheese is easy to soften – you can set it out at room temperature or soften it more quickly in the microwave.
-To soften at room temperature more quickly, just set the cream cheese on a plate and cut into smaller pieces. The cream cheese should reach room temperature in about 15-20 minutes with this method.
-To soften the cream cheese in the microwave, remove the foil packaging and set the cream cheese in a small bowl or on a plate. Microwave for about 10-15 seconds. If the cream cheese is still cold and hard, continue to microwave for about 5 seconds at a time until the cream cheese is soft throughout. Just make sure not to microwave it too long or it will start to melt!
Can you replace the Cool Whip in no bake peanut butter pie?
If you can’t find Cool Whip where you live or you prefer not to use it in recipes, you can use stabilized whipped cream instead. If you just use regular whipped cream, the consistency will be too light and the cream will not hold up very well when mixed into the jello salad. It’s very simple to make your own stabilized whipped cream and it just takes a few minutes!
To make stabilized whipped cream, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 ounces of cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream.
- Beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar and vanilla until soft and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream just until soft peaks form.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the whipped cream and beat until stiff peaks are formed. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
A little tip for making whipped cream faster. Use a metal bowl for whipping the cream and place the bowl in the freezer for about 30 minutes before you make the whipped cream. This will significantly decrease the amount of time that you will need to beat the whipped cream – the process will go much faster!
Love Pie recipes? So do we!
- Raspberry Ice Cream Pie
- Banana Split Pie
- Lemon Icebox Pie
- Caramel Chocolate Turtle Pie
- Homemade Boston Creme Pie
- Snickerdoodle Apple Pie Cookie Cups
- Easy Peach Pie
- Apple Pie Fries
- Caramel Pecan Apple Pie
- Creamy Peach Pie
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- Pina Colada Pie
- Apple Hand Pies