Apple Pie Milkshakes are made with 6 simple ingredients, the smooth vanilla ice cream and apple pie filling create the most delicious treat. This apple cinnamon shake comes together in just minutes and has amazing flavor.
Making this apple pie milkshake recipe is so simple, you just toss some ingredients into a blender and you will have an appetizing dessert made in no time! This homemade apple pie shake is so great for hot summer nights, it cools you down and satisfied your sweet craving too.
Apple Pie Milkshake
There is nothing quite like two incredible desserts merged into one. I mean, who doesn’t love a nice piece of fresh apple pie? Or a cold and creamy milkshake? Put those two together and it is a major win! I had one at Johnny Rockets and it was magical, I knew then I would have to recreate the masterpiece at home. It is easy to whip one of these up and it tastes just like apple pie.
Tips for making the BEST milkshakes
Here are a few helpful tips to achieve the most delicious milkshake ever!
- Depending on how thick you like your milkshakes, you can use more or less milk. If you want it on the thinner side you can add a little extra milk, adding 1/4 cup at a time is the best option to achieve your perfect consistency. For a more thick shake add just 1/4 cup and blend to see if that is your desired consistency.
- Steer clear of adding ice to your milkshake, it will water it down and reduce the amount of amazing flavor. If you want a thicker shake, consider adding an extra small amount of ice cream.
- Serve immediately after making it before it melts. This milkshake is meant to be made and enjoyed immediately!
Apple Pie Milkshakes
Apple pie filling: You will need 1 21-ounce can of apple pie filling to create a wonderfully tasty shake.
Nutmeg: Add in 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg for a nice earthy flavor.
Cinnamon: Using 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon will give this milkshake a nice warm taste.
Ice cream: You need 6-8 scoops of vanilla bean ice cream to create this creamy and smooth milkshake.
Nilla wafers: For the apple pie crust portion of this shake, use 1 cup of Nilla wafer cookies.
Milk: To create the perfect consistency, add in 1-2 tablespoons of milk.
*Yields about 4 milkshakes
Easy step by step on how to make Apple Pie Milkshakes
Start by putting about 2/3’s of the can of apple pie filling into the blender, then add the nutmeg and cinnamon, along with about 5-6 scoops of ice cream. Depending on your blender, you may have to add a tablespoon or two of milk. Take note, less milk or no milk yields thicker milkshakes.
Proceed to blend for about 30 seconds, until the mixture is nice and smooth. Then add in 1-2 more scoops of ice cream, the Nilla wafer cookies and all but 4 slices of the apple pie filling. Continue to pulse the blender a few times, just until everything looks fairly incorporated. You do want to have small chunks of apples and Nilla wafers, that creates the apple pie experience.
If desired, top with whipped cream, an additional dash of nutmeg or cinnamon, and the remaining slices of apple. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Apple Pie Milkshakes
- 1 21-ounce can apple pie filling
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 6-8 scoops vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 cup Nilla wafers
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Start by putting about 2/3's of the can of apple pie filling into the blender, then add the nutmeg and cinnamon, along with about 5-6 scoops of ice cream. Depending on your blender, you may have to add a tablespoon or two of milk. Take note, less milk or no milk yields thicker milkshakes.
- Proceed to blend for about 30 seconds, until the mixture is nice and smooth. Then add in 1-2 more scoops of ice cream, the Nilla wafer cookies and all but 4slices of the apple pie filling. Continue to pulse the blender a few times, just until everything looks fairly incorporated. You do want to have small chunks of apples and Nilla wafers, that creates the apple pie experience.
- If desired, top with whipped cream, an additional dash of nutmeg or cinnamon, and the remaining slices of apple. Serve immediately and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
HOW CAN I MAKE A THICKER MILKSHAKE?
Using frozen fruits helps to thicken your milkshake without watering it down like it would if you added plain ice. You can also use frozen ripe bananas because they thicken the drink wonderfully. I buy a big bunch of bananas, then wait until they are very ripe and freeze them in bags.
CAN I DOUBLE OR TRIPLE THE RECIPE?
Yes, depending on the size of your blender you should be able to double or even triple this recipe without fail. Simply measure and blend as per normal. If your blender can’t fit everything, it is okay to work in batches.
Like frozen desserts? Here are more of our favorites!
- Banana Split Milkshakes
- Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
- Easy Kool-Aid Sherbet
- Easy Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- Quick Strawberry Ice Cream
- Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Strawberry Banana Sorbet recipe
- Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- Skinny OREO Milkshakes
- APPLE PIE MILKSHAKES
- SKINNY CHOCOLATE ICE CUBE SHAKE
Apple Pie Milkshakes are made with 6 ingredients, the creamy vanilla ice cream and apple pie filling create the most amazing treat. This apple cinnamon shake comes together quickly and has great flavor.
Janet M. says
The first thing I would make s a blueberry smoothie!
Amy C. says
I would love to make some healthy smoothies for my boys and a smoothie with greens for me!
Aimee @ like mother like daughter says
This sounds like the best milkshake ever. Love that you used cookies for the “crust”. Can’t wait to try it. And thanks for helping me with this giveaway!
An old-fashioned chocolate milkshake!
Kathy B says
Great giveaway – I so want a Blendtec! I think I would make adult milkshakes.
I believe I make a strawberry Banana milk shack
Janet Williams says
Pick me! First thing I’d use the Blendtec for: fresh fruit sorbet or America’s Test Kitchen’s Black Bean Soup.
Amy Biren says
Have always wanted a Blendtec….I would make a strawberry-lemonade frozen slushie or a smooth zucchini soup!
carey kotake says
I would make a coffee frappe! Yum and so much cheaper than Starbucks. 🙂 thanks!
I would make either BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP, or TORTILLA SOUP.
Dawn L says
An old fashioned milkshake
HONEY BEAR says
I WOULD MAKE A YUMMY CHOCOLATE MALT!
Lori A. says
Apple Pie Milkshake! 🙂
Pam C says
Big thick chocolate malt, I haven’t had one in years
Karen D says
I would make a milkshake… to help with the heat!
I would make some green smoothies!