Strawberry Butter a simple and delightful fresh fruit spread that is great on biscuits, rolls and toast! It takes only 3 ingredients and just 5 minutes to make this amazing strawberry butter recipe.
There is nothing easier than making this fruit spread and it tastes absolutely incredible too. This flavored butter is great for your morning or afternoon, smear it on a piece of toast or bagel and delight your taste buds!
Easy Strawberry Butter
You might be asking yourself, what is strawberry butter? It is a simple and easy way to make your own flavored spread using butter, sugar, and strawberries. Together they come together to create a fresh, sweet, and tangy butter spread that is perfect on most anything. Making and enjoying strawberry butter is the perfect way to celebrate National Strawberry Month, which is May if you were not aware. This simple fruit spread goes well with so many things, bread, muffins, French toast, or in our case, flaky, buttery croissants. This recipe yields 2 small jars of butter too, so you can keep one for your family and share another with a neighbor!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS FRUIT BUTTER RECIPE
- It is super versatile. Feel free to swap in your fruit for whatever variety you happen to have on hand. My family loves strawberries, but I think blueberry or even raspberries would taste amazing too.
- Basic ingredients. Chances are high that you already have all the ingredients for this easy spread recipe on hand. With only 3 ingredients the chances are pretty good!
- Quick and easy. This is a great way to elevate your mornings, it comes together fast and you can enjoy it immediately.
Strawberry Butter Ingredients
Butter: You will need ½ cup of softened butter, this is 1 stick, to create this amazing and delicious fruit spread.
Powdered sugar: To add a creamy sweetness, add in ½ cup of powdered sugar to the butter.
Strawberries: Using 3-4 strawberries is where the fresh and delicious strawberry flavor comes from.
How to make Strawberry Butter
Start by washing, then chopping the strawberries into very small pieces, running them through a food processor for a few pulses would work great.
In a medium bowl, blend the soft butter and powdered sugar. Using an electric mixer is perfect for this, it mixes the ingredients really well together.
Then, add in about ¾ of the diced strawberries and mix to combine. After that, determine whether or not you want to add more strawberries or not. I like my spread with a lot of strawberries, I typically use 4 and it tastes incredible.
When you are ready to enjoy, spread your fruit butter over a piece of toast, a roll, muffin, or croissant. Enjoy this tasty and simple treat!
- ½ cup butter 1 cube, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 strawberries
- Prep: Start by chopping the strawberries into very small pieces, running themthrough a food processor for a few pulses would work great.
- Assemble: In a medium bowl, blend the soft butter and powdered sugar. Using an electric mixer is perfect for this, it mixes the ingredients well together.
- Then, add in about ¾ of the diced strawberries and mix to combine. After that, determine whether you want to add more strawberries or not. I like my spread with a lot of strawberries, I typically use 4 and it tastes incredible.
- When you are ready to enjoy, spread your fruit butter over a piece of toast,a roll, muffin, or croissant. Enjoy this tasty and simple treat!
How long does strawberry butter last?
This butter lasts about 2-3 weeks if stored in a closed container in the fridge. I like to store mine in a closed jar, it stays nice and fresh for the whole 3 weeks.
Can strawberry butter be frozen?
Yes, this butter can be frozen if you don’t think that you will use it fast enough. Or if you want to double or triple this recipe to have some one hand quickly when the craving strikes. Just thaw it in the fridge overnight before serving. In the freezer it will last for about 2 months.
Is butter healthier than alternative options?
You might be surprised to hear that butter is healthier than you may think. It doesn’t have any of the artificial trans fats (associated with the “bad” cholesterol) you get in margarine. Butter is also a source of Vitamin A, which is good for hair, eyes, and skin, as well as Vitamins E, D, and K.
Enjoy Strawberry recipes? Here are more to try:
- Easy Strawberry Trifle recipe
- Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad recipe
- Easy Strawberry Crisp recipe
- Strawberry Shortcake Cake recipe
- Easy No-Pectin Strawberry Jam
- Mini Glazed Strawberry Cupcakes
- Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- Glazed Strawberry Fruit Pizza
- Frosted Strawberry Cookies
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Quick Strawberry Ice Cream recipe
- Strawberry Crumb Bars
- Strawberry Banana Ice Cream Float
- Strawberry Shortcake Oreo Balls
- Strawberry Banana Bread with Lemon Glaze
Strawberry Butter is an easy and delightful fruit spread that tastes amazing on biscuits, rolls and toast! It calls for only 3 ingredients and takes only 5 minutes to make this amazing strawberry butter recipe.
We have some bagels in the pantry, and I bet this would be fabulous with them. Can’t wait to try it!
How long do these keep in the fridge?
I made a giant batch of it and it lasted 2-3 weeks just fine!
I’d really like to try this, but our fresh berries are HORRID! Do you think I could use defrosted & (well) dried off berries instead? Thanks!