Strawberry Butter is a simple and delicious fresh fruit spread recipe that’s great on biscuits, rolls and toast! Just 3 ingredients and only 5 minutes to make this amazing strawberry butter recipe.
Strawberry Butter (and other delicious strawberry butter recipes) is the perfect way to celebrate National Strawberry Month! This simple Strawberry Butter spread goes well with so many things- bread, muffins, french toast, or in my case, flaky, buttery croissants. It requires just 3 ingredients and takes only 5 minutes to make. It yields 2 small jars of butter too, so you can keep one for your family and share another with a neighbor!
What is strawberry butter?
Strawberry butter is a simple and easy way to make your own flavored butter using butter, sugar, and strawberries. Together they come together to create a fresh, sweet, and tangy spread that’s perfect on most anything.
Strawberry Butter Ingredients
-Butter: We need 1/2 cup of softened butter (this is one stick).
-Powdered sugar: To add a creamy sweetness we want 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
-Strawberries: 3-4 strawberries will be where we get that delicious fresh strawberry flavor.
How to make strawberry butter
Chop your strawberries until they are very small pieces, running it through a food processor for a few pulses would work great.
In another bowl, blend together the butter and powdered sugar.
Add in about 3/4 of the mashed strawberries and mix to combine. After that, determine whether or not you want to add more or not.
Spread your butter over bread, rolls, muffins, or croissants.
Store in a closed jar in the fridge.
- 1/2 cup butter 1 cube, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 strawberries
- Chop strawberries until very small. I ran mine through a mini food processor for several pulses and it worked perfectly.
- In a separate bowl, blend together the softened butter and powdered sugar. Add about 3/4 of the mashed strawberries and mix to combine. Determine at that point if you'd like to add the remaining strawberries or if you're pleased with the consistency of the butter. I opted to not add the rest of mine- I liked that the butter was still somewhat thick.
- Spread over bread, rolls, muffins or croissants. It's delightful on just about anything!
- Store in a closed jar or container in the fridge. Recipe yields two 4-oz jars of strawberry butter.
How long does strawberry butter last
This butter lasts about 2-3 weeks if stored properly in a closed container in the fridge.
Can strawberry butter be frozen?
Yes, this butter can be frozen if you don’t think that you’ll use it fast enough. Just thaw it in the fridge overnight before serving. In the freezer it lasts about 2 months.
Enjoy Strawberry recipes? Here are more to try:
- Easy Strawberry Trifle recipe
- Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad recipe
- Easy Strawberry Crisp recipe
- Strawberry Shortcake Cake recipe
- Easy No-Pectin Strawberry Jam
- Mini Glazed Strawberry Cupcakes
- Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- Glazed Strawberry Fruit Pizza
- Frosted Strawberry Cookies
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Quick Strawberry Ice Cream recipe
- Strawberry Crumb Bars
- Strawberry Banana Ice Cream Float
- Strawberry Shortcake Oreo Balls
- Strawberry Banana Bread with Lemon Glaze
With homemade strawberry butter spread, you’ll never need to buy it again. This simply sweet and tasty recipe is perfect on just about anything and takes only minutes to prepare.