These sunrise smoothies have become an invaluable part of our hectic morning routines. Giving everyone a delicious smoothie packed with vitamins and flavors really helps to get us off on the right foot before walking out the door.
Mornings are hectic at our house! Between trying to help my three oldest kids get off to school, taking care of my two littlest kids, and attempting to get myself ready, I often feel like I’ve run a marathon by 10 am each day.
One thing that’s non-negotiable in our crazy mornings is a good breakfast. I’ve always firmly believed that you could tackle anything the day throws at you if you’ve had a delicious, filling breakfast.
Stress Free Mornings
One key to a stress-free morning is to prepare anything you can the night before. Choose outfits, make sure backpacks are ready to go, make lunches and, in my case, freeze the orange juice into cubes so that I could make these Sunrise Smoothies to go along with our breakfast.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- You can prep in advance. Freeze a week’s worth of orange juice for these smoothies Sunday night! Use fresh or frozen bananas too.
- Great serving sizes! One batch of this sunrise smoothie recipe can make enough to serve 1 adult or 2-3 kids. This is great news for families wanting to get a glass for everyone!
- Minimal effort. You’ll need less than 5 ingredients and maybe a minute or two to get everything prepped and blended together. This is definitely a faster recipe, which is why it’s so ideal for when you’re in a hurry. Just don’t forget the to-go cups.
Orange Sunrise Smoothie Ingredients
Orange juice– You will need 1 1/2 cups of orange juice that has been frozen into an ice cube tray the night before. This makes the smoothie perfectly chilled and thick.
Banana– You’ll want one ripe banana. This adds natural sweetness, thickens the smoothie, and makes it more filling too.
Yogurt– Using a 6 ounce cup of your (any variety) is a great way to add in more berry flavors or protein.
Honey– You can add in 1 tablespoon of honey if desired. This is great for making the smoothie sweeter if you feel it’s needed.
How to Make Sunrise Smoothies
Add all of the ingredients to the blender.
Place the lid on and seal it closed.
Press the blend button and allow it to run for about 45 seconds or more until the mixture is smooth.
Pour into serving glasses.
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice frozen into a ice cube tray the night before
- 1 banana
- 6 oz yogurt (1 cup) any variety
- 1 TBSP honey optional
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender.
- Place the lid on and seal it closed.
- Press the blend button and allow it to run for about 45 seconds or more until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses.
- Serve immediately.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Is drinking a smoothie in the morning good for you?
It is! Smoothies are a great way to get in some essential vitamins and nutrients in a more convenient method. Drinking it down helps not only quenches your thirst but also helps your body start the day right.
What yogurt can I add to my smoothie?
You can add in any yogurt you want! We like to stick with Greek yogurt because it’s healthier but feel free to use any yogurt you may have on hand. Flavored yogurts can customize every smoothie into a new experience, and dairy free yogurts (like coconut-based) can be a great for a dairy free alternative.
Can I make a smoothie in advance?
Smoothies are one of those drinks that really taste best when freshly made so I don’t recommend blending the drink until you’re ready, but you can prep the ingredients in advance!
Make ice cube trays of frozen orange juice and then portion them out into baggies with a peeled banana so in the morning, all you have to do is blend it up with some yogurt for a yummy treat. Note that you don’t want to freeze the yogurt because it is needed to help the frozen fruits move around in the blender to achieve the right consistency.
You’re going to love our other drink recipes too!
- TRIPLE BERRY GREEN SMOOTHIE
- LAYERED SHIRLEY TEMPLES
- STRAWBERRY BANANA ICE CREAM FLOAT
- HOMEMADE PEACH SLURPEES
- HOT VANILLA MILK
- DIRTY CHERRY DR PEPPER FLOAT
- LEMON RASPBERRY SMOOTHIE
- EASY JELLO MILKSHAKES
- SKINNY OREO MILKSHAKE
- BANANA SPLIT HOT CHOCOLATE
- SPICED CARAMEL APPLE CIDER
- BERRIES & CREAM SPARKLERS
Give everyone a delicious sunrise smoothie packed with vitamins and flavors to get off on the right foot before walking out the door.