This Simple & Easy Tropical Smoothie makes a perfect breakfast dish or simple drink to cool you off on a hot day. The combination of flavors in this drink is absolutely amazing, you’ll love everything about this pineapple smoothie recipe.
Naturally flavored with fruits and sweetened with honey, this is a healthy drink option you can feel good about filling your glass up a little higher. Packed with so many vitamins, calcium, and potassium in every sip, this is the best tropical smoothie!
Healthiest Tropical Smoothie
One of my favorite things about summertime is serving smoothies with the kids’ lunches. They are easy to make, refreshing, and good for them too. I also give myself credit because this tropical smoothie is one that everyone likes.
Smoothies are a great way to add a lot of fresh fruit into our diets and they are so refreshing when the weather gets warm. This recipe is so simple to make, with only a few ingredients and minimal effort, it is great for a morning breakfast, lunch or a quick afternoon treat.
Why You’ll Love This Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
- I like that I often have all the ingredients on hand. Just remember to plan ahead and freeze the fruit at breakfast time (or the night before!), so it’s ready for lunchtime.
- As with most other smoothies, this one is very versatile. Swap out the coconut extract for vanilla extract. Use orange juice instead of pineapple juice. Have fun with it and use ingredients that you and your family love.
- It’s perfect for summer! Summertime means sunshine and bright, vibrant fruit flavors. What’s more fitting than orange juice and pineapples? Even the drink turns out yellow like the sun!
Healthy Tropical Smoothie Ingredients
Banana– You will need 1 ripe banana that has been cut into pieces and frozen for several hours. This will help thicken the drink nicely.
Pineapple– Add 1 cup of pineapple chunks that were frozen for several hours. You can use canned or fresh pineapple, depending on what you have on hand.
Orange juice– Add in 3 tablespoons of orange juice concentrate for maximum flavor.
Milk– Use ½ cup of milk to make the drink creamy and frothy.
Pineapple juice– Adding in ½ cup of pineapple juice will help to give more flavor and get a better consistency. If you use canned pineapple, just set the juice aside when you freeze the chunks.
Coconut– This is optional, but you can choose to add in 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut for a wonderful tropical flavor.
Extract– For a stronger coconut flavor, you can add in 1 teaspoon of coconut extract. Or you can add vanilla extract if that is what you have available.
Ice cubes– To get the drink thick and frozen to perfection, you will need 6 added ice cubes.
Honey– For sweetening your drink, add in 1-2 tablespoons of honey. I recommend tasting as you go and adjusting the amount added as needed because you may want more or less.
How to Make Simple and Easy Tropical Smoothie
The night before you want to enjoy this smoothie, freeze the banana and pineapple chunks. This really helps create a wonderful smooth texture.
Grab your blender and combine the frozen banana and pineapple chunks, add in the orange juice, milk, pineapple juice, coconut flakes (optional), desired flavor of extract, and ice cubes.
Proceed to place the lid onto the blender and blend ingredients together on high speed for 2-3 minutes or until no lumps remain.
Next, give the mixture a taste test and then add 1-2 tablespoons of honey to sweeten. If you start with one tbsp, you can make sure you don’t over sweeten it. But if you like your smoothies sweet, add 2 tablespoons and blend again.
When done, divide the smoothie mixture between two drinking glasses, add straws (if desired) and serve. Enjoy!
Want a little more flavor?
Try adding in up to a teaspoon of freshly grated ginger. This will help to boost the nutritional benefits and help to add a little zing or “something extra” to the smoothies that many love!
Simple and Easy Tropical Smoothie
- 1 ripe banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, frozen (fresh or canned)
- 3 tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
- ½ cup milk any kind will work
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut optional
- 1 tsp coconut extract or vanilla extract
- 6 ice cubes
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- Prep: The night before you want to enjoy this smoothie, freeze the banana and pineapple chunks. This really helps create a wonderful smooth texture.
- Blend: Grab your blender and combine the frozen banana and pineapple chunks, add in the orange juice, milk, pineapple juice, coconut flakes (optional), desired flavor of extract, and ice cubes.
- Proceed to place the lid onto the blender and blend ingredients together on high speed for 2-3 minutes or until no lumps remain.
- Give the mixture a taste test and then add 1-2 tablespoons (depending on your preference) of honey to sweeten. When done, divide the smoothie mixture between two drinking glasses, add straws (if desired) and serve. Enjoy!
- Want more flavor? Try adding in up to a teaspoon of freshly grated ginger. This will help boost the nutritional benefits and help to add a little zing to the smoothies.
What are the benefits of banana and pineapple?
Together these two fruits can really help to build strong connective bone tissues and help aid in digestion. There is a great amount of calcium and vitamin c in both fruits, so every sip is packed with great reasons to take another sip.
Do pineapple smoothies help you lose weight?
When added to a proper diet and routine, they can! Pineapple naturally helps to aid indigestion, constipation, and gas bloating while helping to make you feel fuller for longer, thanks to the fiber content.
What can I use if I don’t have pineapple juice?
If you don’t have any pineapple juice on hand, you can simply swap it out for water. This is great if you chose to use previously frozen pineapple (like store bought) or if you had used a fresh pineapple and couldn’t collect the justices needed.
Check out these other great beverage recipes, so you never run out!
- TRIPLE BERRY GREEN SMOOTHIE
- HOT VANILLA MILK
- EASY JELLO MILKSHAKES
- HOMEMADE PEACH SLURPEES
- STRAWBERRY BANANA ICE CREAM FLOAT
- LEMON RASPBERRY SMOOTHIE
- DIRTY CHERRY DR PEPPER FLOAT
- BANANA SPLIT HOT CHOCOLATE
- SKINNY OREO MILKSHAKE
- BERRIES & CREAM SPARKLERS
- RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE SHAKES
- LAYERED SHIRLEY TEMPLES
Serve this Simple & Easy Tropical Smoothie for breakfast or afternoon drink to help beat the heat, and you’ll feel good about every last sip. Packed with vitamins, calcium, and other great nutritional benefits, this pineapple smoothie recipe is a drink you’ll feel great about serving up to the kiddos!
Kelly Frazier says
Could this be frozen into popsicles?
I dont see why not. Sounds like a cool and refreshing treat!