Caramel Apple Smoothies are made easily with an apple, frozen apple juice concentrate, caramel and ice cubes. This apple smoothie recipe is a fantastic, easy fall treat that tastes delicious.
This apple caramel smoothie has wonderful flavor and is made in less than 5 minutes. This healthy apple smoothie makes a nice light morning or afternoon snack, it is a great source of fiber and vitamin C.
Apple Smoothie with Caramel
I am sure you can tell by now that I really love caramel and apples and anything that combines the two is a win in my book. This recipe is the first time I have tried the two together in a beverage and I was a little nervous about trying it. The results were delicious though and this drink really does taste just like a caramel apple! If you want, you can even add a banana or yogurt to the smoothie as well! This apple smoothie recipe is high in fiber and low on calories, it fills you up without leaving you feeling weighed down. This creamy apple smoothie is a wonderful option if you are trying to eat healthy.
Why we think you will enjoy this Apple Smoothie
In case you need more reasons to try this smoothie, here are some to convince you!
- A perfect fall treat. Apples and fall weather go together perfectly thanks to the apple picking season. This cold drink is perfect for those days when the weather is too warm for your favorite wool sweater but you still want to indulge on an apple flavored drink.
- It is easy to make. This apple smoothie comes together quickly and with very little prep thanks to your blender. Just mix everything together until blended and serve.
- Healthy too. You can feel good about enjoying this tasty smoothie since it is low in calories and sugar. What’s not to love about this smoothie recipe?!
Caramel Apple Smoothie Ingredients
Apple: For great taste, use 1 medium sized apple, peeled and sliced.
Juice concentrate: Adding in 1/2 cup of apple juice concentrate will give this smoothie great consistency.
Caramel: You will need 5 teaspoons of caramel ice cream topping for the smooth and sweet topping.
Ice: Use 7 ice cubes to create a fantastic smoothie texture.
* These measurements make 2 smoothies
How to make easy Caramel Apple Smoothies
Start by coring, peeling and slicing the apple into thin pieces. Transfer the apple slices to the blender.
Then, add in the apple juice concentrate, caramel sauce and the ice cubes. Proceed to blend all ingredients together until nice and smooth.
Pour into glasses, serve immediately and drizzle with additional caramel if desired. Enjoy!
Note: I have made this recipe a couple of times and have found that adding in 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt creates a creamier beverage. Add it or leave it out, either way it will taste incredible.
CARAMEL APPLE SMOOTHIES
- 1 medium sized apple peeled and sliced
- ½ cup apple juice concentrate
- 5 tsp caramel ice cream topping
- 7 ice cubes
- Start by coring, peeling and slicing the apple into thin pieces. Transfer the apple slices to the blender.
- Then, add in the apple juice concentrate, caramel sauce and the ice cubes. Proceed to blend all ingredients together until nice and smooth.
- Pour into glasses, serve immediately and drizzle with additional caramel if desired. Enjoy! Note: I have made this recipe a couple of times and have found that adding in 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt creates a creamier beverage. Add it or leave it out, either way it will taste incredible.
HOW LONG IS CARAMEL APPLE SMOOTHIE GOOD FOR?
Like most smoothies, I recommend only making this smoothie right before you plan on serving it. Drinking it immediately is best because that is when the textures, flavor, and temperature, are really at their ideal peak of perfection.
WHAT APPLES GO GOOD IN SMOOTHIES?
I recommend trying this recipe with a sweeter heartier apple such as a Gala, Fuji, or Honeycrisp. Feel free to also try it with any apples that you may have on hand including a tart apple like Granny Smith.
SHOULD I PEEL AN APPLE FOR A SMOOTHIE?
For this smoothie recipe, we do request that you peel the apple, but you can go ahead and try it without peeling if desired. What matters most is that you wash the peel well and remove the seeds and stems as we do not want to eat those. The good news is that apple peels do have added nutrition and should be finely blended throughout the smoothie and made virtually unnoticeable if you leave any of it still on.
Love this apple recipe? Try more apple dishes here!
- Caramel Apple Bread
- Country Apple Dumplings
- Snickerdoodle Apple Cobbler
- Caramel Apple Nachos
- Dutch Apple Bread
- Toffee Apple Dip
- Air Fryer Apple Fritters
- Apple Zucchini Bread
- Cake Mix Apple Pie Bars
Caramel Apple Smoothies are made with an apple, apple juice concentrate, caramel sauce and ice cubes. This apple smoothie recipe is an incredible, easy fall drink that tastes amazing.
[…] http://butterwithasideofbread.com/2013/10/caramel-apple-smoothies.html and […]