Reese’s Dessert Cheese Ball is a festive peanut butter cheese ball topped with Reese’s Pieces! It’s perfect for parties & delicious served with pretzels, apples, or Nilla Wafers.
This cheese ball recipe is made with only 6 ingredients and is a delicious easy appetizer! This cream cheese cheese ball pairs perfectly with fresh strawberries or graham crackers and only takes a few minutes to prepare.
Dessert Cheese Ball with Candy Coating
A cheese ball is a timeless and classic appetizer perfect for any occasion! A dessert cream cheese ball, is sure to be a huge hit at parties. Despite the fancy appearance, this appetizer is so simple to make and loaded with amazing flavor.
The cream cheese paired with the smooth peanut butter makes for a delightful flavor combination. By adding the Reese’s Pieces candy on top, it escalates this treat from great to amazing! If you are not a fan or Reese’s Pieces, you can swap them out for M&M’s and it will taste just as incredible.
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THIS CHEESE BALL RECIPE!
If you are not familiar with a holiday cheese ball, it is time to give one a try. Here are a few reasons we think you will enjoy this recipe.
- Prep it in advance. One great thing about this recipe is that you can make this dessert cheese ball a day in advance and keep it in the fridge. That means on the day of your event you have one less appetizer to prepare.
- No-Bake Dessert! This recipe is as easy as combining some ingredients together and shaping into a ball. There are no ovens, stovetops, or even microwaves needed. Making them a fantastic appetizer idea, minimal prep and all the amazing taste!
- They are customizable. You can truly make the dessert balls to suit your own family’s tastes. Add nuts, dried fruit, or shape your cheese ball into a festive and fun REINDEER CHRISTMAS CHEESE BALL for the next holiday party.
Easy Dessert Cheese Ball Ingredients
Cream cheese: You will need 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened, for the base of this dessert ball recipe.
Peanut butter: Adding in 1 cup of smooth peanut butter will create a wonderful and perfect blend of flavors.
Vanilla extract: Use 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to enhance all the amazing flavors in this cheese ball.
Powder sugar: For just the right amount of sweetness, add in ½ cup of powdered sugar.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups: You need about a ¼ cup of chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups for more incredible taste in this dessert cheese ball appetizer.
Reese’s Pieces: By using 1 ½ cups of Reese’s Pieces candy to coat the outside of the cheese ball, you will create an appetizer masterpiece that everyone will enjoy.
Ideas for what to serve with this dessert ball: Graham crackers, Nilla Wafer cookies, pretzels, strawberries or apple slices are perfect for serving with this peanut butter cheese ball.
How to make a Reese’s Dessert Cheese Ball
Start by chopping the peanut butter cups into small pieces, set them aside.
In a large bowl, using an electric handheld mixer, beat together the cream cheese, peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
Next, add in the powdered sugar and blend until well combined. Then stir in the chopped peanut butter cups.
Proceed to scoop the dessert ball mixture into the center of a piece of plastic wrap, cover and roll into a ball. Proceed to refrigerate the ball for at least 2 hours or until firm.
When you are ready to serve, grab the Reese’s Pieces and stick them on the outside of the cheese ball to cover the entire surface (except for the bottom). You can put the candy in a bowl and roll the cheese ball in it to get the candy to stick. Or you can apply each candy piece to the ball one by one, whichever you prefer will work.
Allow the dessert cheese ball to sit at room temperature for 15 about minutes before serving, then enjoy!
Easy Dessert Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups
- 1 ½ cup Reese’s Pieces candy
- Cookies, pretzels, apple sliced & graham crackers for serving
- Start by chopping the peanut butter cups into small pieces, set them aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric handheld mixer, beat together the cream cheese, peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth. Next, add in the powdered sugar and blend until well combined. Then stir in the chopped peanut butter cups.
- Proceed to scoop the dessert ball mixture into the center of a piece of plastic wrap, cover and roll into a ball. Proceed to refrigerate the ball for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- When you are ready to serve, grab the Reese's Pieces and stick them on the outside of the cheese ball to cover the entire surface (except for the bottom). You can put the candy in a bowl and roll the cheese ball in it to get the candy to stick. Or you can apply each candy piece to the ball one by one, whichever you prefer will work.
- Allow the dessert cheese ball to sit at room temperature for 15 about minutes before serving, then enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
HOW LONG ARE DESSERT CHEESE BALLS GOOD FOR?
This tasty treat should be good for 5-7 days, as long as it is stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator.
HOW FAR IN ADVANCE CAN I MAKE A CHEESEBALL?
You can easily make this dessert cheeseball the day before your event, it will have time to chill and will save you one step the day of your party.
HOW LONG CAN A CHEESE BALL SIT OUT?
For food safety reasons, you should not allow this cheeseball or any cheeseballs to sit at room temperature for more than two hours at a time.
WHAT DO I SERVE WITH CHEESEBALLS?
You can serve so many different things with dessert cheeseballs, but my favorite is graham crackers. I just love the way they taste with this sweet cream cheese mixture. I have also served this with pretzels, apple slices, Nilla Wafer cookies, or even fresh strawberries. All of these taste incredible with this cheese spread on them.
Looking for more appetizers? Give these recipes a try!
- LEMON CHIFFON DIP
- CROCKPOT SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS
- PEANUT BUTTER APPLE DIP
- BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN TENDERS
- GREEN CHILE BEAN DIP
- ASPARAGUS CRESCENT ROLLS
- CAPRESE POPS
- EASY FRIED CHEESE STRAWS
- BACON CHEDDAR DEVILED EGGS
- EASY BIG MAC BITES
- EASY RANCH SAUSAGE ROLLS
- OVEN-BAKED CHICKEN WINGS
Love cheese balls? Me too!
- Cheesecake Cheese Ball
- Mini Cheese Balls
- Double Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
- How to make a Cheese Ball with three variation
Reese’s Dessert Cheese Ball is great for parties and so tasty when served with pretzels, apples, or Nilla Wafer cookies. This cream cheese dessert recipe is an incredible peanut butter cheese ball topped with Reese’s Pieces candy!
Hi ladies! It just so happens I have a bunch of friends that LOVE Reese’s PB in any form – so this is sure to be a hit.
I’d like to make several as gifts, sending along the dippers to go with, and a whole apple for them to slice (so it doesn’t discolor before they’re ready to use it). Is there a particular apple you recommend, such as a tart Gala to offset the sweetness, or…?
Thanks, from Alberta, Canada 🇨🇦
Pat Farr says
This is a great cheeseball. Its good with pretzels and mini sized vanilla wafers or ginger snaps from Trader Joe’s. . I make it with the Reese’s pieces for Thanksgiving. For Christmas, i swap out the Reese’s pieces with Peanut Butter M and Ms because they are red and green. Very festive.
Paula Johnson says
Easy and delicious!
Happy to hear it! 🙂