Asparagus crescent rolls are a deliciously simple appetizer made with fresh asparagus, crescent rolls & cheese! Flavorful vegetable dish that’s perfect with dinner or at a party!
You’re going to love these wrapped asparagus appetizers because they’re so buttery, cheesy, flavorful, and perfect. Don’t be afraid to look for more excuses to serve up wrapped asparagus in the future because they go with everything from a simple weeknight meal to a holiday feast.
What are asparagus crescent rolls?
They’re a simple and easy asparagus wraps recipe that doesn’t require much effort to get a wonderful result. With asparagus wrapped in crescent rolls, cheese, and everything bagel seasoning, this appetizer has everything you need to enjoy a luxurious and savory treat before your meal.
Asparagus: We need about one bunch of asparagus (about 24 spears). The thinner they are the better as they’ll cook better and not be too hard to bite into.
Olive oil: We need 2 teaspoons of olive oil to help coat our asparagus so that it cooks more evenly and perfectly.
Salt: This is optional, but you can add a pinch of salt to the asparagus as it prebakes.
Crescent rolls: We only need 1 tube of crescent roll pastry, so grab your favorite brand.
Butter: We want two tablespoons of butter to brush over the wrapped asparagus as it will make the results golden brown and fabulous.
Everything bagel seasoning: You can find this at Trader Joe’s or online. It’s a great seasoning mixture with sesame seeds and flavorful salts, and more. We want about 2 tablespoons of it to be sprinkled over the crescents for added flavor and appearance.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Break off the ends of the asparagus by snapping them or chopping them off with a knife as desired.
Place the asparagus on a lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. If desired, sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
On the lined baking sheet, place your unrolled crescent roll pieces and sprinkle the tops with cheese.
Place 3 asparagus spears on each along the wide end of the crescent and roll towards the point. Repeat until all have been rolled.
Using a pastry brush, brush the tops with the butter and sprinkle the tops with everything bagel seasoning.
Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until the pastry is evenly browned. Enjoy!
Asparagus Crescent Rolls
- 24 spears of asparagus about one bunch, the thinner the better
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt optional
- 1 tube of crescent roll pastry
- ½ cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 2 TBSP butter
- About 2 TBSP everything bagel seasoning blend
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Snap or chop the tough woody ends off the asparagus and place them on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus and sprinkle with salt.
- Transfer asparagus to the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- On the lined baking sheet, unroll the crescent roll triangles and sprinkle with the cheese. Place 3 asparagus spears along the wide end and roll toward the point of the pastry. Repeat with the remaining 7 pieces of pastry.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the butter over each rolled pastry and then sprinkle with the everything bagel seasoning.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, until the pastry is evenly browned.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven if needed.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long are leftovers good for?
You can store these leftovers in the fridge for up to about 4-5 days, but it’s best if these are eaten within 3. As they age the crescents and asparagus will become softer and wetter making them a little less appealing. You can reheat them in the microwave or in the oven if needed.
What if I don’t have everything bagel seasoning?
While I truly love and enjoy this seasoning blend I can understand not everyone has it on hand or wants to buy it so for those wanting something different you can simply sprinkle some sesame seeds, flakey sea salt, or even just a dash of your favorite seasoning salt as alternative ideas. The results will be different with anything you choose, but they should all still turn out pretty tasty.
- CHICKEN PARMESAN APPETIZER
- SANDWICH APPETIZER SKEWERS
- CHEESY MEATBALL BITES
- EASY LIL SMOKIES & MEATBALL APPETIZER
- MINI CHEESE BALLS
- BEST APPETIZER RECIPES EVER
- HAM PICKLE ROLL UPS
- 15 APPETIZERS AND TREATS FOR BABY & BRIDAL SHOWERS
- BLACKBERRY CAPRESE SKEWERS
- EASY APPETIZER! VEGGIE CUPS W/ SPINACH DIP
- FIESTA EGG BITES RECIPE
- BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP
- HOMEMADE SOFT PRETZELS WITH CHEESE DIP
- TACO BITES
- SIMPLE HOMEMADE BRUSCHETTA