Bacon Wrapped Shrimp is a simple appetizer that only takes 6 ingredients & minutes to cook. This bacon wrapped shrimp recipe is a delicious combination of tangy lime & savory shrimp and bacon. Wrapping your shrimp in bacon takes it to a whole new level!
Hey there, Sarah here again from Feeding Your Fam to share this super simple shrimp appetizer recipe with you. You know everything is better with bacon, and this shrimp definitely proves that theory. This bacon wrapped shrimp is tossed in a tasty seasoning made up of limes, lime zest, garlic salt, olive oil and a little pepper. It is then wrapped in a little bacon and baked to perfection.
Bacon wrapped shrimp is an easy appetizer that comes together in just a few minutes! You will have everyone coming back for more and begging for the recipe.
Ingredients for Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Jumbo shrimp
- Fresh lime juice
- Lime zest
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- Dried parsley
- Black pepper
How to make Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Recipe
You will need to use shrimp that has been peeled, deveined and the tail removed; place the shrimp in a mixing bowl and pour on the olive oil. Toss the shrimp until it is all covered with the olive oil. Now you are going to add in the rest on the seasonings mix until all of the shrimp is seasoned.
Cook the bacon until it is fully cooked, but still flexible. The bacon will crisp up the rest of the way in the oven while the shrimp are cooking.
Slice the bacon pieces in half and wrap around the shrimp, using toothpicks to secure the bacon to the shrimp.
Place the shrimp on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cook the shrimp in your oven with the rack on the top spot under the broiler. You want your shrimp about 3 inches from the broiler. Set a timer for 4 minutes, after 4 minutes flip the shrimp over and place back under the broiler for another 3-4 minutes.
Stay close to the oven while your shrimp cooks, you don’t want it to overcook and these cook really quickly under the broiler.
When the shrimp is pink and cooked through and bacon nice and crunchy, remove from the oven and take the shrimp off of the pan. Serve immediately, these are best served warm.
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 20 jumbo shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 10 bacon slices, cooked and sliced in half
- Toss shrimp with olive oil until well coated. Add in the lime juice, zest, parsley, garlic salt and pepper and toss again until well seasoned. Let stand while you cook the bacon and prepare the baking sheet.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each shrimp securing with a toothpick. Place shrimp on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Broil shrimp 3 inches under the broiler for about 8 minutes, turning half way. Shrimp is done when it is pink and the bacon is crispy.
- Remove from the oven and take off of the pan, serve warm.
Other Delicious Appetizers Recipes Worth Trying:
- Chicken Parmesan Appetizer
- Appetizer Sandwich Skewers
- Game Day Meatballs and Lil Smokies
- Veggie Cups with Spinach Dip
- Sausage and CheeseStuffed Mini Peppers
- Mini Cheese Balls
- Bacon and Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Homemade Ranch Dip
- Ranch Chicken and Cheese Dip
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Ham Pickle Roll Ups
- Baked Chicken Taquitos
- Simple Homemade Bruschetta
With just a few minutes of your time, you can have a tasty batch of freshly baked bacon wrapped shrimp that everyone can enjoy. This simple appetizer recipe is one you’ll want to use over and over again because it’s always a big hit!