Taco Bites are tortilla chips filled with a combination of ground beef, refried beans and taco seasoning topped off with your favorite toppings. These mini taco bites are perfect to serve as an appetizer or a fun family meal.
Sarah from Feeding Your Fam here to bring you this super simple recipe for Taco Bites. This recipe is definitely a keeper! I love making these mini taco bites as an appetizer for any party we have planned, they always get devoured! My kids even love to make these for an after school snack or simple dinner. The meat and bean combo might even become your new favorite taco filling!!
Ingredients in Taco Bites
- Ground Beef- I like to use lean ground beef when baking this recipe. Look for 85% or 96% lean beef.
- Refried Beans-just pick up a can of your favorite brand
- Taco Seasoning-one packet of taco seasoning is all you will need to perfectly season this recipe
- Scoop Tortilla Chips- I like to buy the Tostitos brand of scoop tortilla chips. The chips shaped like a tostada shell work the best for holding the meat mixture and make a perfect handheld snack.
How to make Mini Taco Bites
In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown the ground beef until it is cooked through. Drain any excess liquid from the pan by moving the cooked meat to one side and slightly tilting the pan up to allow the liquid to flow to the opposite side of the pan. Use a spoon to scoop liquid out of the pan.
Add in the refried beans to the pan and keep the heat turned up to medium high. Stir the beans and meat together until the beans are heated through. Pour in the water and stir until the mixture has loosened up a bit.
Pour in the taco seasoning and stir to combine. Allow the mixture to simmer for just a minute before removing from heat.
Now that the beef and bean mixture is cooked and seasoned you can assemble your mini taco bite appetizers. Carefully place about one tablespoon of the meat mixture into the center of the scoop tortilla chips. Top with any of your favorite taco toppings.
Toppings for Taco Bites
- Sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 16 oz refried beans
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- scoops tortilla chips
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown ground beef until it is cooked through. Remove any excess liquid from the pan.
- Add in the refried beans and cook until heated through. Pour in the water and stir to combine.
- Season with the taco seasoning and stir to combine. Allow to simmer for one minute before removing from the heat.
- Place one tablespoon of the meat mixture in the center of a tortilla chip. Top with desired toppings. Serve warm.
Other Appetizer Recipes You Should Try!
- Chicken Parmesan Appetizer
- Sausage and Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Appetizer Sandwich Skewers
- Mini Cheese Balls
- Ham and Pickle Roll Ups
- Veggie Cups with Spinach Dip
- Pineapple Teriyaki Meatballs
- Simple Homemade Brushetta
- Cranberry Salsa Dip
- Meatballs and Lil Smokies
- Mexican Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Homemade Ranch Dip
- Pizza Dip
With these portable mini taco bites full of delicious taco fillings and toppings, you’re going to have an appetizer that everyone can (and will) enjoy!