Ingredients in Mexican Chicken Lettuce Wraps
How to make Mexican Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Mexican Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 3 cups cubed or shredded chicken
- 1 can black beans rinsed & drained
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 can green chiles
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium avocado chopped
- sour cream
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except avocado, sour cream and lettuce.
- The mixture is good cold (room temperature), but I actually prefer it heated up. I just put the whole mixture in a pan on the stove over medium-low heat for several minutes right before serving. I always use the microwave to heat up the leftovers the next day so that works great too!
- Immediately before serving, stir in avocado. Scoop 1/2 cup chicken mixture into each lettuce leaf & top with sour cream if desired.
- I think the mixture is perfect wrapped in lettuce, but the mixture could be used a variety of ways. It tastes great wrapped in a tortilla, as a dip for chips or even over rice. Sometimes I just eat it with a spoon and that works too!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
What kind of chicken to use in chicken lettuce wraps?
One of my favorite ways to make shredded chicken is in the crockpot. Just place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker with a can of chicken broth for about 5-6 hours on low and it will shred easily with two forks. Chicken is always moist and tender and falls apart easily with this method of cooking!
You can also use an instant pot to make chicken – I do it all the time and it is so fast and easy! Place the chicken in an instant pot and set to cook for about 8 minutes for fresh chicken breasts and 10 for frozen chicken breasts. You will use high pressure for the cooking time and then do a quick pressure release as soon as the time is up. The chicken should be perfectly cooked and fall apart easily!
I also love to use rotisserie chicken in this recipe – so easy and the flavor and texture of the chicken is perfect too.
Need more Easy Chicken recipes? Here you go!
- Easy Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken
- Easy Chicken Curry recipe
- 5 Minute Chicken Salad recipe
- Classic Chicken Noodle Soup recipe
- Easy Salsa Chicken recipe
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie recipe
- Best Homemade Chicken Tenders recipe
- 20-minute Chicken Stew recipe
- Best Chicken & Dumplings recipe
- Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta
- Easy Indian Butter Chicken
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Easy Chicken Cacciatore Bake
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Pesto Ranch Recipe
- Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Grilled Spatchcock Chicken Recipe
Mexican Chicken Lettuce Wraps are full of chicken, black beans and tons of flavor. These delicious high-protein, low-carb lettuce wraps are healthy and delicious and can be served as an appetizer or as a main dish.
Entirely Eventful says
Summer Rumsey says
Bettina Groh says
Made this last night except I used flour tortillas instead of lettuce. I even did the chicken in the crockpot ( very moist) using some leftover chicken broth instead of water! A definite keeper recipe!! Now I have to figure out what to do with the rest of the chicken! The grocery store always sticks three breasts in one package and freezes them… so I cooked all of them and used only one. I
Kathie SassyLittleLady says
I'd like to invite you to link up to Show and Tell Saturday at Sassy Little Lady! <br /><br />http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday-4-plus-a-giveaway<br /><br />Kathie