How to make Shredded Chicken to use in recipes, an easy method for how to make the best shredded chicken ever! Try these simple instructions for moist, flavorful crockpot shredded chicken.
This slow cooker shredded chicken is a great recipe for meal prepping, you can store this in the fridge or freezer for use later. You can use this shredded chicken for many different recipes to create a quick and easy meal during the busy week.
Easy Crockpot Shredded Chicken
Over the years I have made shredded chicken in a variety of ways, today I am sharing with you all my absolutely favorite way to cook shredded chicken. It is so easy to make and the results are fall-apart chicken that is moist, flavorful and ready to use in a variety of recipes. This recipe is so helpful when you are preparing for a busy week ahead, meal prepping is a great way to simplify your days. You can use this shredded chicken for many different recipes, casseroles, taco’s, sandwiches, the possibilities are endless!
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THIS MEAL PREP RECIPE!
Here are a few reasons why we think you should try this amazing meal prep recipe today!
- Easy to prepare. Try making this easy shredded chicken to simplify meal preparations. It is an inexpensive and time saving way to create lunch or dinners for your week ahead!
- Won’t break the bank. If you want to not only save time but also money, this meal prep recipe is a great option. The simple ingredients are inexpensive and you will save a ton of money by not buying meals out during the week.
- Sets you up for success! During the busy week when kids are in school and you forget to plan ahead for dinner, a bag of frozen shredded chicken will come in real handy. You can defrost it quickly and create a wonderful and delicious meal for you and your family to enjoy.
Shredded Chicken Ingredients
Chicken: You will need 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this easy recipe.
Chicken broth: For added moisture use 1 14.5-ounce can of chicken broth.
Seasoning: To keep this chicken basic and easy to use for different recipes, seasoning with simple salt and pepper. More seasoning will come later when you decide what you are using the chicken for.
Easy step by step on how to make Shredded Chicken
Begin by plugging in your slow cooker, then add the chicken.
Next, pour the chicken broth on top of chicken and add a few shakes of both salt and pepper.
After that, cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
When cooking is complete, remove the chicken and shred with 2 forks. Or see some other tips below for shredding or dicing the chicken.
*If you need to make more shredded chicken, the ingredients stay the same. For every additional 2 chicken breasts, add 1 hour of cooking time. Max of 8 chicken breasts in a 4 quart slow cooker. If you would like to make even more, switch to a 6 or 8 quart cooker and add 1 additional can of broth when cooking.
HOW TO MAKE SHREDDED CHICKEN
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- salt & pepper
- Begin by plugging in your slow cooker, then add the chicken. Next, pour the chicken broth on top of chicken and add a few shakes of both salt and pepper. After that, cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- When cooking is complete, remove the chicken and shred with 2 forks. Or see some other tips below for shredding or dicing the chicken.
- *If you need to make more shredded chicken, the ingredients stay the same. For every additional 2 chicken breasts, add 1 hour of cooking time. Max of 8 chicken breasts in a 4 quart slow cooker. If you would like to make even more, switch to a 6 or 8 quart cooker and add 1 additional can of broth when cooking.
Ways to dice or shred chicken
- The simplest way to shred chicken is directly in the crockpot and with 2 forks. You can drain some of the broth before doing so or keep it and let the chicken soak it up, depending on how much there is.
- If you prefer diced chicken, transfer the chicken breasts to a cutting board, and chop the chicken into cubes for your recipe.
- Another ways is to use a handheld mixer, on low speed, and beat the chicken. It will shred pretty quickly with this method. I do suggest transferring the chicken to a bowl for this shredding style.
SHOULD YOU LET THE CHICKEN COOL BEFORE SHREDDING?
Yes, at least for a minute or two. If you shred the chicken while it’s still practically boiling hot, you risk burning yourself with the meat of juice splashing as you shred it. Give it a moment to cool down enough so that you won’t be hurt, and then shred the chicken. The warm chicken shreds great, but cold chicken is difficult to shred, so make sure you don’t let it sit out for too long.
CAN YOU PUT FROZEN CHICKEN IN THE CROCKPOT?
Yes, you can use frozen chicken, although it might take a little longer to cook, and the end results may be a little more watery from the ice on the chicken thawing off. But once you shred the chicken, it should all mix together well.
Like this easy crockpot recipe? Try these other crock pot recipes
- Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken recipe
- Crock Pot Beef Stew recipe
- Crock Pot Pork Roast
- Crock Pot Turkey Breast
- Crock Pot Sweet Pork
- Crock Pot Shredded Chicken
- Crockpot Pork Carnitas
- Crockpot Madras Lentils
- Crock pot Roast with Dr.Pepper
- Crockpot Chili
- Crockpot Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
How to make Shredded Chicken to use in recipes, a simple way for how to make the best shredded chicken! Try this easy recipe for moist, flavorful crockpot shredded chicken.