Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe made with tenderized and breaded chicken breasts, baked and smothered in marinara sauce, and topped with melted mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Your family is going to love this take on a lighter classic Italian easy chicken parmesan.
This is an easy chicken recipe the entire family will love. The classic Italian Chicken Parmesan recipe is fried in a saucepan with oil. You can feel better feeding this to your family. It still has all the flavors and cheese you love, just without the added grease.
This Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe can be served with a side salad, a side of roasted broccoli, on zucchini noodles, or with your favorite pasta noodles.
This is a crowd-pleaser. You can serve it on a regular ‘ol weekday evening or it’s fancy enough for entertaining.
This Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe is also really easy to adapt and make gluten-free. You can substitute the bread crumbs for crushed rice crackers or gluten-free bread crumbs. Just serve the Baked Chicken Parmesan on gluten-free noodles or your favorite veggie noodle. VOILA!
Ingredients needed to make Baked Chicken Parmesan:
— Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
— Marinara Sauce
— Mozzarella Cheese
— Parmesan Cheese
— An egg
— Italian Seasonings
— Garlic Powder
How to make Baked Chicken Parmesan:
Start by trimming off any fat or tendons from your chicken breasts. Lay your chicken breast in a Ziplock bag or between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using a meat tenderizer, rolling pin, or the bottom of a mason jar, give the chicken a few good whacks on the thickest part of the chicken breast.
You don’t need the entire chicken breast to be the same thickness but your chicken will cook much more evenly if the thickest part of the chicken breast isn’t so thick. This will also make your chicken good more evenly and be more tender.
In a small bowl, beat the egg with a fork and add a tablespoon of water.
On a plate, add the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and 6 Tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Mix.
Dip the raw chicken breast into the egg mixture, roll in the breadcrumb mixture and lay on a greased cookie sheet — you can also bake on parchment paper for even less mess. Salt and pepper the chicken breasts.
Bake in a pre-heated oven on 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. When the chicken registers 165 degrees on a digital thermometer, take it out of the oven..
Add a thick layer of your favorite mozzarella cheese on the chicken. Top the chicken with parmesan and mozzarella cheese and broil for about 5 min or until the cheese is golden brown.
Garnish with minced parsley or basil if desired.
Baked Chicken Parmesan
Toppings for Baked Chicken Parmesean
- 6 6 ounce Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless, ( plan on about 6 ounces of raw chicken breast per person.)
- 1 1/2 cup Marinara Sauce Prepared, your favorite kind
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese Whole milk Mozzarella, fresh mozzarella, whatever you like best.
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 large Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs Just about any bread crumbs will do, panko or make your own. You can even use crushed rice crackers to make this gluten free.
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Italian Seasonings
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 pinch Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Prepare the chicken breasts
- Start by trimming off any fat or tendons from your chicken breasts. Lay your chicken breast in a Ziplock bag or between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using a meat tenderizer, rolling pin, or the bottom of a mason jar, give the chicken a few good whacks on the thickest part of the chicken breast
Preparing the Baked Chicken
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper on a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with a fork and add a tablespoon of water
- On a plate, add the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and 6 Tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Mix
- Dip the raw chicken breast into the egg mixture, roll in the breadcrumb mixture (make sure all areas on the chicken breast are covered) and lay on parchment paper. You can also bake the chicken on a greased cookie sheet.
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven on 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- When the chicken registers 165 degrees on a digital thermometer, take it out of the oven.
- Add a thick layer of your favorite mozzarella cheese on the chicken. Top the chicken with parmesan and mozzarella cheese and broil for about 5 min or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Garnish with minced parsley or basil if desired.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Love Easy Chicken recipes? Try these other delicious dishes a try:
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice recipe
- Easy Chicken Curry recipe
- 5 Minute Chicken Salad recipe
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken recipe
- Classic Chicken Noodle Soup recipe
- Easy Salsa Chicken recipe
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie recipe
- 20-minute Chicken Stew recipe
- Best Chicken & Dumplings recipe
- Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta
- Easy Indian Butter Chicken
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Easy Chicken Cacciatore Bake
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Pesto Ranch Recipe
Tips for making Baked Chicken Parmesan:
- You can add a lot of a little sauce. We usually add some to the top of the chicken and then use more when serving to cover the noodles or roasted veggies. The sauce has a tendency to make the chicken a little mushier. If you like really crispy chicken, go light on the sauce and add more when serving.
- You can garnish your Baked Chicken Parmesan with sliced fresh basil or fresh parsley. The fresh herbs add a lot of extra fresh flavor.
- This recipe can also be made with chicken tenderloins. Just try to find chicken that is close to the same size so it all cooks evenly.
What to serve with Baked Chicken Parmesan:
We enjoy this recipe with classic spaghetti noodles but tortellini, orzo pasta, roasted broccoli or zoodles work great. Homemade french bread, garlic knots, or Garlic pull apart bread are great options too.
Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe is a favorite for everyone in the family. Topped with parmesan cheese, this mouth watering easy chicken parmesan is a great dinner for any day of the week and any season of the year!
Leave a Reply