Pineapple Teriyaki Meatballs made with simple ingredients & perfect for an easy dinner or appetizer! Everyone loves these sweet & tangy flavorful meatballs with pineapple served with rice or noodles!
These teriyaki pineapple meatballs could not be easier to make, with simple ingredients and 30 minutes, you will have a sensational meal prepared. This easy recipe for teriyaki meatballs produces a juicy delicious dish that will have you going back for seconds every time.
Easy Pineapple Teriyaki Meatballs
Our family loves meatballs so I love having a variety of ways to make and serve them. This pineapple teriyaki sauce recipe has become a household favorite and is in regular rotation! It’s so simple to make in the microwave and I’ve served it here on skewers as an appetizer, but we also love it over rice for dinner. It is such a great recipe for an easy weekend dinner, it comes together quickly and is always a huge hit with my family.
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THIS Meatball RECIPE!
It is no secret that we enjoy this recipe, but here are a few reasons why we think you are going to love too!
- Minimal ingredients. You will need under 10 ingredients to make this recipe, and a few of them are most likely already in your kitchen. Few ingredients means a small shopping trip and quick prep work.
- You can make them in advance. Just prep the meatballs, bell peppers, pineapple chunks, and sauce, then set it in the fridge until you are ready to bake it. Quickly bake them in the oven and serve warm. Yum!
- Great for a variety of events or occasions. Anything from a weekend BBQ to your child’s graduation is a perfect setting. Even tailgating and baby showers work wonderfully for this meatball dish.
Teriyaki Meatballs Ingredients
Meatballs: You will need a 12-16 ounce bag of frozen meatballs for the base of this tasty recipe. You can use homemade meatballs if you want too. Here is an easy recipe you can use, just skip the gravy part.
Pineapple chunks: Using 1 20-ounce can of pineapple chunks will give you amazing flavor in this dish. You can also cut up fresh pineapple if you prefer, you will need 2 1/2 cups. You do need some pineapple juice for the sauce, so reserve 1/2 cup from the can of chunks or the fresh pineapple.
Bell pepper: Adding in 2 1/2 cups of 1″ cubed bell peppers will give this dish vibrant color and a fantastic taste.
Teriyaki Sauce Ingredients
Soy sauce: Adding in 1/3 cup of soy sauce will give this sauce the perfect consistency.
Cornstarch: To make the sauce a bit thick, use 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.
Brown sugar: You need 1/3 cup of brown sugar to make this topping sweet with a lovely depth of flavor.
Minced garlic: Use 1 teaspoon of minced garlic for more great taste.
Ginger: Add in 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger to give this sauce some pungent sweet flavor.
Pineapple juice: Using the juice from the can of pineapple, add in 1/2 cup of pineapple juice.
How to make Pineapple Teriyaki Meatballs
Begin by preheating the oven to 450 degrees F. Then, pour the frozen meatballs into a 9 x 12 baking dish.
Next, chop the bell peppers into 1″ size chunks and add those in with the meatballs. Open the can of pineapple chunks, reserve the juice needed for the sauce, measure out the chunks and add those to the baking dish as well. Stir the ingredients to combine.
Make the Teriyaki Sauce
In a 2 cup measuring cup, whisk together the soy sauce and the cornstarch and soy sauce. Then, add in brown sugar, minced garlic, ground ginger and the pineapple juice. Whisk to combine, then microwave the mixture for 2 minutes. After that, whisk again until smooth and return to microwave for another 2
minutes, the sauce should start bubbling and beginning to thicken.
Proceed to pour the sauce over the meatball mixture and stir well to coat all the ingredients with the sauce.
Place the meatballs in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the meatballs are hot throughout and peppers have softened.
Let the dish cool for 5 minutes before serving and enjoying!
How to serve this dish?
The great thing about this dish is it can be served multiple ways. If you want to serve these as an appetizer, arrange the peppers, pineapple chunks and meatballs on a skewer and place on a platter. Or you can enjoy this as a main dish, serve over cooked rice for a tasty meal. Another way to enjoy as an appetizer is to serve it in the baking dish, scoop with a spoon and dig in! Really, there is no wrong way to enjoy this dish.
Pineapple Teriyaki Meatballs
- 16 oz frozen Meatballs
- 20 oz pineapple chunks juice reserved
- 1 bell pepper cut into 1" squares
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp minced ginger
- ½ cup pineapple juice from can of pineapple
- Begin by preheating the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Then, pour the frozen meatballs into a 9x12 baking dish. Next, chop the bell peppers into 1" size chunks and add those in with the meatballs. Open the can of pineapple chunks, reserve the juice needed for the sauce, measure out the chunks and add those to the baking dish as well. Stir the ingredients to combine.
- Teriyaki Sauce: In a 2 cup measuring cup, whisk together the soy sauce and the cornstarch and soy sauce. Then, add in brown sugar, minced garlic, ground ginger and the pineapple juice. Whisk to combine, then microwave the mixture for 2 minutes.
- After that, whisk again until smooth and return to microwave for another 2 minutes, the sauce should start bubbling and beginning to thicken. Proceed to pour the sauce over the meatball mixture and stir well to coat all the ingredients with the sauce.
- Bake: Place the meatballs in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the meatballs are hot throughout and peppers have softened. Let the dish cool for 5 minutes before serving and enjoying!
HOW LONG ARE TERIYAKI MEATBALLS GOOD FOR?
You will want to store any leftovers in an airtight container and they will last in the fridge for 3-5 days. Reheat them again before serving so that you can enjoy them warm, that is when they truly taste their best.
Can I freeze leftover teriyaki meatballs?
Yes you can! Store in an airtight container or ziplocked bag, these will last in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you defrost and reheat, the pineapple chunks and bell peppers might loose their texture but they will still taste great.
Need more appetizer recipes? Try these:
- The Best Chicken Tenders appetizer
- Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs appetizer
- Cheesy Meatball Bites appetizer
- Pizza Pinwheels appetizer
- Ranch Chicken Bacon Kabob appetizer
- Best Meatball and Lil Smokies appetizer
- Quick & Easy Chicken Salad appetizer recipe
- Baked Bacon Meatball appetizer
- Best cheese Fondue appetizer
- Ranch Sausage Rolls appetizer
- Homemade Nacho Cheese recipe
- Best Texas Caviar appetizer recipe
- Chicken Parmesan Appetizer
- Veggie Cups with Spinach Dip
- Ham Pickle Roll Ups
Pineapple Teriyaki Meatballs are simple to make and just as flavorful too! Serve up these teriyaki meatballs with pineapple as an easy weeknight dinner or appetizer, either way they will be a huge hit with family and friends.
I love this recipe! There was so much flavor in these meatballs! Can’t wait to make again!
My entire family loves these meatballs. We will definitely make them again!