Easy ranch sausage rolls are fantastic savory appetizers with great flavor! These easy to make hors d’oeuvres are perfect for parties, New Year’s, Game Day, or any day!
We love appetizers around here and if I had my way we’d be snacking on them as actual meals. These puff pastry rolls are so easy to make that it’s fun watching as they come together. They look like little golden presents filled with a meaty surprise. Serve them up for game day tailgate parties, holidays, or any “just because” occasion that suits you.
What are sausage rolls?
Packed with pork sausage, ranch seasoning, breadcrumbs , and cheese in a buttery and flaky puff pastry shell, every bite is full of flavor and textures you can’t get enough of. These little sausage roll appetizers are so easy to make you’ll be looking for extra reasons to make them this year.
Ranch Sausage Rolls Ingredients
-Pork sausage: You will need a 1-lb package of rolled pork sausage. I like to use the Jimmy Dean brand, but you can use whichever brand you prefer.
-Egg: Use 1 egg for the recipe filling and another egg that for an egg wash.
-Ranch seasoning: You will need a 1-ounce sized pack of dry ranch dressing mix.
-Breadcrumbs: Use ¼ cup of Italian breadcrumbs to add flavor and bind the wet mixture together.
-Cheese: ½ cup of Monterey Jack cheese will make these rolls cheesy good and gooey.
-Puff pastry: To give us a flakey buttery crust use 1 17.3 ounces sized box of puff pastry that has been thawed.
-Sour cream: You’ll use 1 cup of sour cream to make Ranch for dipping these rolls in after baking because it tastes fabulous.
How to make easy sausage rolls
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
In a bowl, combine the sausage, 1 egg, and 1 tablespoon of dry ranch dressing mix along with the bread crumbs and Monterey Jack cheese. Mix to combine and then divide the mixture in half, before dividing each half into thirds. You should have 6 sections of filling.
Lay the puff pastry out into two individual sections. Unwrap and cut along the seams so that you have 3 long sections per piece (6 total) using a pizza cutter really helps for this.
Place one mound of sausage filling onto each rectangle of puff pastry and shape it using your fingers so that the sausage runs down the middle in a long segment. Repeat for the other 5 rolls.
Fold up the puff pastry so that the sides touch and completely encase the sausage filling inside. Pinch the seams closed.
Using a pizza cutter divide each line in half and then into thirds so that each section yields 6 sausage rolls (36 total). Pierce with a knife to vent.
Place 18 of the rolls onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Whisk that additional egg until frothy and then brush it on top of each pastry.
Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes at 425 degrees F and remove from the oven. Let cool slightly.
Mix the remaining dry ranch dressing mix with the sour cream for dipping. Serve warm as a finger food & enjoy!
EASY RANCH SAUSAGE ROLLS
- 1 lb Pork Roll Sausage raw
- 1 egg
- 1 oz dry ranch dressing mix
- ¼ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 17.3 oz package puff pastry thawed
- 1 cup sour cream for dipping
- 1 additional egg whisked until frothy
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine sausage, 1 egg, 1 TBSP of the dry ranch dressing mix, bread crumbs and shredded Jack cheese in a medium sized bowl. Mix to combine. Divide in half, then divide each half into thirds so that you have 6 mounds of sausage mixture.
- Lay out the puff pastry into the 2 individual sections. Unwrap and cut along the seams so that you have 3 long sections per piece, or 6 total. (Hint: use a pizza cutter to cut dough into sections quickly!)
- Place 1 mound of sausage onto each rectangle of puff pastry and shape using your fingers so that the sausage runs down the middle, in a long segment. Repeat for the remaining 5 sections of puff pastry.
- Fold the puff pastry up the sides of the sausage so that the sausage is completely encased in the pastry. Pinch the seams to close.
- Using a pizza cutter, divide each line in half, then into thirds so that each section yields 6 sausage rolls, 36 total. Pierce each roll with a knife to vent.
- Place 18 on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Whisk 1 additional egg in a small bowl then brush each pastry with a little egg.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes at 425 degrees F. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Mix remaining dry ranch dressing mix with 1 cup of sour cream to use for dipping. Serve warm and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Recipe adapted from Cooking with Curls.
If I can’t find sausage meat can ground beef be used?
You can try this recipe using cooked ground beef if desired. You may want to add in a little more seasonings because ground beef is pretty plain flavored but the recipe itself as-is with ground beef instead of pork sausage should taste really good.
How long are leftover sausage rolls good for?
These pork rolls are good left out for up to 2 hours after they’ve been cooked. After that they’ll need to be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for about 3 days before being reheated and eaten. I recommend reheating in the oven to recrisp the puff pastry.
Need more appetizer recipes? You’ve got to try these:
- The Best Chicken Tenders appetizer
- Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs appetizer
- Cheesy Meatball Bites appetizer
- Ham Pickle Roll Ups
- Pizza Pinwheels appetizer
- Asparagus Crescent Rolls
- Ranch Chicken Bacon Kabob appetizer
- Best Meatball and Lil Smokies appetizer
- Chicken Parmesan Appetizer
- Quick & Easy Chicken Salad appetizer recipe
- Baked Bacon Meatball appetizer
- Best cheese Fondue appetizer
- Ranch Sausage Rolls appetizer
- Homemade Nacho Cheese recipe
- Best Texas Caviar appetizer recipe
Ranch Sausage Roll recipe made with sausage, puff pastry, ranch seasoning, and cheese. Perfect appetizer recipe for parties and game day get-togethers!