Bacon Wrapped Meatballs made with just 3 ingredients & fantastic savory sweet flavors! These toothpick appetizer meatballs are perfect for parties, tailgating or anytime you want to eat BACON!
Bacon meatballs could not be an easier to prepare, with three ingredients and 30 minutes you will have mouth watering bites of deliciousness! These meatballs wrapped in bacon are juicy, flavorful, and so dang tasty you can’t help but reach for another.
Bacon Meatballs: An easy appetizer idea
These sweet maple-flavored bacon-wrapped meatballs are one of the most perfect appetizers to serve at your next casual gathering or event. This recipe is so fantastic because it requires very little effort and can be made in no time. There is no hovering around an oven and plenty of time to mingle and enjoy time with your friends and family! It is no wonder why we can’t stop raving about these bacon-covered meatballs, they are just so savory and delicious!
Why we think you will love this recipe!
It is no secret that we already love this recipe, but here are three reasons why we think you are going to love it as well:
- They’re great for a variety of events or served for any occasion. Anything from a weekend BBQ to your child’s graduation is a perfect setting. Even tailgating and baby showers work wonderfully for these meatball appetizers.
- Minimal ingredients. You only need 3 ingredients to make this recipe (plus some toothpicks to hold them together). Minimal ingredients means small shopping trips and quick prep.
- You can make them in advance. Just prep and set in the fridge until party time. Quickly bake them in the oven and serve warm. Yum!
Bacon Wrapped Meatballs Ingredients
Bacon: You will need 16 slices of bacon to make sure that there is enough to cover every meatball.
Meatballs: You need 16 frozen homestyle meatballs. You can use beef or turkey, depending on your preferences, either way they will be amazing!
Maple syrup: Use ¼ cup of maple syrup to ensure just the right amount of sweetness for every meatball.
Toothpicks: While not actually a food item, you will need toothpicks. These will help to hold the bacon onto the meatball, as well as serve as a handle for serving.
How to make Bacon Meatballs
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and spray a square glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Partially cook the bacon
Place a paper towel on a microwave-safe plate and lay your bacon on top. Add another paper towel over the top of the bacon and then microwave them for 4 minutes. Let the bacon cool for a few minutes before handling them, as they will be hot.
Take one slice of bacon and wrap it around a meatball. Right where the bacon ends meet and overlap, fold it over so that the bacon wraps around the other side, covering it like a cross. Stab it through with a toothpick to hold it in place. Place wrapped meatball in the baking dish.
Repeat the process with the remaining bacon and meatballs until all have been wrapped and secured with a toothpick.
Drizzle a little over half of the maple syrup over the uncooked meatballs.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15-25 minutes. The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of our bacon and how done you like it.
Drizzle the remaining maple syrup over the top of the cooked meatballs just before serving.
Serve fresh and enjoy!
When to serve Meatballs Wrapped in Bacon
This recipe makes for perfect finger food at a party thanks to their one or two bite-sized portions, but you can also serve them up for a simple weeknight dinner. Add them to your dinner plates next to a bed of cooked white rice or mashed potatoes and you can make a tasty meal that the whole family will enjoy.
BACON WRAPPED MEATBALLS
- 16 slices bacon
- 16 frozen homestyle meatballs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a square glass pan with non-stick spray.
- Place a paper towel on a microwave-safe plate and lay out bacon on top. Place a paper towel over the top and microwave bacon for 4 minutes. Bacon should look partially cooked. If necessary, cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. (Thicker bacon may need more time!) Let cool for a few minutes, until you can handle it easily.
- Take 1 slice of semi-cooked bacon and wrap it around a meatball. Right when the bacon begins to overlap, fold it over so that you can wrap it around the other side of the meatball. Secure the end with a toothpick and place in prepared pan.
- Repeat process with remaining bacon & meatballs.
- Drizzle a little over half the maple syrup over the uncooked bacon meatballs.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for 15-25 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your bacon and how well done you’d like it. My bacon was thick and I like it well done, so I cooked them for the full 25 minutes.
- Drizzle meatballs with remaining maple syrup just prior to serving. I transferred them to a serving dish, then drizzled them. Serve hot and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Can bacon covered meatballs be made in advance?
Yes, you can prep these meatballs in advance! Simply make the meatballs all the way up to the baking portion, and then instead of baking, cover and place in the fridge for up to 2 days. If using a glass baking dish, allow it to rest at room temperature on the counter as you preheat the oven so that it doesn’t shatter from the extreme heat change. Using a non-glass baking dish or even a disposable aluminum pan would be a great choice to prevent this risk as well.
Can I heat the bacon without a microwave?
Yes, if you don’t have a microwave or do not wish to use it, you can warm your bacon on the stovetop as you would normally cook it. Simply cook until it’s half to 3/4 of the way cooked. You want it partially cooked but not crispy. After, drain it on paper towels to remove excess grease before using as directed.
How long are bacon wrapped meatballs good for?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-5 days. Reheat them again before serving so that you can enjoy them warm. That’s when they truly taste their best.
Need more appetizer recipes? You’ve got to try these:
- The Best Chicken Tenders appetizer
- Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs appetizer
- Cheesy Meatball Bites appetizer
- Pizza Pinwheels appetizer
- Ranch Chicken Bacon Kabob appetizer
- Best Meatball and Lil Smokies appetizer
- Quick & Easy Chicken Salad appetizer recipe
- Baked Bacon Meatball appetizer
- Best cheese Fondue appetizer
- Ranch Sausage Rolls appetizer
- Homemade Nacho Cheese recipe
- Best Texas Caviar appetizer recipe
- Chicken Parmesan Appetizer
- Veggie Cups with Spinach Dip
- Ham Pickle Roll Ups
These bacon-wrapped meatballs are a perfect easy appetizer recipe for any occasion. Made with just 3 ingredients, you are going to love this simple recipe.
Kara Cook says
I can’t believe I have never thought of doing this, we love bacon at our house. These look so yummy!
John Smith says
I did not microwave the bacon because I find that leaves it bland and rubbery so instead I suggest to anyone else who feels this way, just put it on the stove top for a few.
Can I put in crock pot to keep warm
Yes, you could place them in a crockpot on warm or low setting. Make sure that they are already cooked through beforehand
Really want to make these. If I am using my own appetizer meatball recipe, are the baking instructions the same since many of the frozen meatballs at the store are precooked?