Bacon Wrapped Meatballs are perfect for those who love meaty snacks and savory flavors. The combination of juicy meatballs and crispy bacon is a match made in heaven, this easy appetizer idea are sure to please!
Whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for a tasty snack, oven baked meatballs are a must-try recipe that is sure to be a hit. This meatball appetizer is easy to make, delicious, and perfect for any occasion. So why not give this classic recipe a try and see for yourself how delicious they can be?
Bacon Meatballs: An easy appetizer idea
Bacon-wrapped meatballs are a crowd-pleasing appetizer that is easy to make and perfect for any occasion. They are a great combination of savory and sweet flavors that will leave your guests wanting more. Meatballs wrapped in bacon are versatile and can be served with a variety of dipping sauces such as barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, or honey mustard. They can also be served on their own as a delicious and satisfying appetizer. We can’t stop raving about these bacon-covered meatballs, they are just so delicious!
Why you’ll love this easy Meatball recipe!
- They’re great for a variety of events. Anything from a weekend BBQ to your child’s graduation is a perfect setting. Even tailgating and baby showers work wonderfully for these meatball appetizers.
- Minimal ingredients: You only need 3 ingredients to make this recipe (plus some toothpicks to hold them together). Minimal ingredients means small shopping trips and quick prep.
- Make them in advance: Just prep and set in the fridge until party time. Quickly bake them in the oven and serve warm. Yum!
Bacon Wrapped Meatballs Ingredients
Bacon: You will need 16 slices of bacon to make sure that there is enough to cover every meatball.
Meatballs: You need 16 frozen homestyle meatballs. You can use beef or turkey, depending on your preferences, either way they will be amazing!
Maple syrup: Use ¼ cup of maple syrup to ensure just the right amount of sweetness for every meatball.
Toothpicks: While not actually a food item, you will need toothpicks. These will help to hold the bacon onto the meatball, as well as serve as a handle for serving.
How to make Bacon Meatballs
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and then spray a square glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set it aside.
Partially cook the bacon
Place a paper towel on a microwave-safe plate and lay your bacon on top. Add another paper towel over the top of the bacon and then microwave them for 4 minutes. Let the bacon cool for a few minutes before handling them, as they will be hot.
Take one slice of bacon and wrap it around a meatball. Right where the bacon ends meet and overlap, fold it over so that the bacon wraps around the other side, covering it like a cross. Stab it through with a toothpick to hold it in place. Place wrapped meatball in the prepared baking dish.
Repeat the process with the remaining bacon and meatballs until all have been wrapped and secured with a toothpick.
Proceed to drizzle a little over half of the maple syrup on the uncooked meatballs.
Place in the preheated oven and bake for 15-25 minutes. The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of our bacon and how done you like it.
Drizzle the remaining maple syrup over the top of the cooked meatballs just before serving.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Pairing Bacon Wrapped Meatballs with Drinks
Bacon-wrapped meatballs are a delicious appetizer that can be paired with a variety of drinks. Here are some options to consider:
Cocktails or Mocktails: For those who prefer a cocktail, a Bloody Mary or a spicy margarita can be a great choice for pairing with bacon-wrapped meatballs. The acidity in the cocktail helps cut through the richness of the bacon, while the spice adds an extra layer of flavor to the dish. And don’t forget, any cocktail can be modified and served as a mocktail for a kid friendly, non-alcoholic version.
Red Wine: A full-bodied red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot, pairs well with bacon-wrapped meatballs. The tannins in the wine help cut through the richness of the bacon, while the fruitiness complements the savory flavors of the meatballs.
Beer: A crisp, refreshing beer, such as a pilsner or lager, is also a great option for pairing with bacon-wrapped meatballs. The carbonation in the beer helps cleanse the palate between bites, while the lightness of the beer complements the richness of the bacon.
BACON WRAPPED MEATBALLS
- 16 slices bacon
- 16 frozen homestyle meatballs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Prep: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a square glass pan with non-stick spray.
- Partially cook bacon: Place a paper towel on a microwave-safe plate and lay out bacon on top. Place a paper towel over the top and microwave bacon for 4 minutes. Bacon should look partially cooked. If necessary, cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. (Thicker bacon may need more time!) Let cool for a few minutes, until you can handle it easily.
- Assemble: Take 1 slice of semi-cooked bacon and wrap it around a meatball. Right when the bacon begins to overlap, fold it over so that you can wrap it around the other side of the meatball. Secure the end with a toothpick and place in prepared pan. Repeat process with remaining bacon & meatballs.
- Drizzle a little over half the maple syrup over the uncooked bacon meatballs.
- Bake: Bake in a 400-degree oven for 15-25 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your bacon and how well done you'd like it. My bacon was thick and I like it well done, so I cooked them for the full 25 minutes.
- Drizzle meatballs with remaining maple syrup just prior to serving. I transferred them to a serving dish, then drizzled them. Serve hot and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How can I make bacon wrapped meatballs with brown sugar?
To make bacon wrapped meatballs with brown sugar instead of syrup, simply mix brown sugar with a couple tablespoons of water. Then, brush the sugar mixture on each bacon wrapped meatball and cook according to the directions.
What are tips for making smoked bacon wrapped meatballs?
To make smoked bacon wrapped meatballs, consider using a smoker or adding wood chips to your grill to infuse the meatballs with smoky flavor. You can also try using different types of wood chips to experiment with different flavors. Additionally, consider using a meat thermometer to ensure that the meatballs are fully cooked without overcooking them.
Can I cook bacon wrapped meatballs on a grill? If so, how?
Yes, you can cook bacon wrapped meatballs on a grill. Simply place the meatballs on skewers or in a grilling basket to prevent them from falling through the grates. Cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, until the bacon is crispy and the meatballs are cooked through.
Can bacon covered meatballs be made in advance?
Yes, you can prep these meatballs in advance! Simply make the meatballs all the way up to the baking portion, and then instead of baking, cover and place in the fridge for up to 2 days. If using a glass baking dish, allow it to rest at room temperature on the counter as you preheat the oven so that it doesn’t shatter from the extreme heat change. Using a non-glass baking dish or even a disposable aluminum pan would be a great choice to prevent this risk as well.
Can I heat the bacon without a microwave?
Yes, if you don’t have a microwave or do not wish to use it, you can warm your bacon on the stovetop as you would normally cook it. Simply cook until it’s half to 3/4 of the way cooked. You want it partially cooked but not crispy. After, drain it on paper towels to remove excess grease before using as directed.
How long are bacon wrapped meatballs good for?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-5 days. Reheat them again before serving so that you can enjoy them warm. That’s when they truly taste their best.
Need more appetizer recipes? You’ve got to try these:
- The Best Chicken Tenders appetizer
- Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs appetizer
- Cheesy Meatball Bites appetizer
- Pizza Pinwheels appetizer
- Ranch Chicken Bacon Kabob appetizer
- Best Meatball and Lil Smokies appetizer
- Quick & Easy Chicken Salad appetizer recipe
- Baked Bacon Meatball appetizer
- Best cheese Fondue appetizer
- Ranch Sausage Rolls appetizer
- Homemade Nacho Cheese recipe
- Best Texas Caviar appetizer recipe
- Chicken Parmesan Appetizer
- Veggie Cups with Spinach Dip
- Ham Pickle Roll Ups
Bacon Wrapped Meatballs are made with just 3 ingredients, you are going to love this simple recipe! This easy appetizer idea is perfect for any occasion or event, they are always a crowd pleaser.