Green Chile Bean Dip is made with just 5 simple ingredients and is so delicious! This green chile dip is made with refried beans, cheddar cheese, sour cream and salsa, the perfect appetizer!
Making this sour cream green chile dip is so easy, it comes together in 5 minutes and is ready for the oven! The combination of flavors in this green chile cheddar dip is absolutely heavenly.
What is Green Chile Bean Dip?
Green Chile Bean Dip is a fantastic recipe that is made with beans, a bunch of cheese and salsa Verde. Then you bake the dip until it is hot and bubbly, served with tortilla chips and you have yourself a great snack or appetizer. All the ingredients are super easy and convenient, there is very little prep work or effort, but the results are simply amazing! I love to serve this for family gatherings, summer BBQ’s, or any event that I need to feed a lot of people. It is always a huge hit and disappears quickly.
Why you want to try this amazing recipe today!
- 5 minute prep! A dip this delicious should not be so easy to make, but it is! The simple but incredible ingredients make this quick to whip up and get into the oven. You be be creating a wonderful appetizer while you are completing all the other tasks that come along with hosting an event.
- 5 ingredients. To make this delectable dip you only need 5 ingredients, you can’t beat this! And most of these ingredients are probably already in your fridge and pantry.
- 5 words. Easy Green Chile Bean Dip, need I say more? Really the recipe name speaks for itself, once you give this a try you will be hooked!
Ingredients in Green Chile Bean Dip
Refried beans– You will need 1 16-ounce can of refried beans, or you can use 2 cups of homemade refried beans if you prefer!
Salsa Verde– You will need 1 small can (7 oz) of salsa verde. You can use normal salsa, but I really think the flavors in the green salsa work best in this dip!
Sour cream– Using 1 8-ounce tub of sour cream really provides creaminess in the dip. You can use plain Greek yogurt instead if you would like to add a bit more protein – you will never taste the difference!
Cream cheese– You need 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese for this yummy dip. Make sure it is softened to room temperature before mixing into the recipe.
Cheddar cheese– The recipe calls for 8 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese. You can use any kind of cheese you prefer though- Monterey Jack, colby, even mozzarella will all taste delicious!
How to make Green Chile Bean Dip
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a blender or food processor, combine the refried beans, softened cream cheese, sour cream and salsa verde and mix until smooth. You can also use an electric handheld mixer if you prefer this method.
Next, pour the mixture into a small casserole dish and then spread the cheddar cheese over the top. I like to use a pie plate, preferably something you can bake and serve it in.
Proceed to cook in oven for 30-40 minutes, it should be bubbly and browned on top.
Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Green Chile Bean Dip
- 1 can 15 oz can refried beans
- 7 oz salsa verde
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the refried beans, softened cream cheese, sour cream and salsa verde and mix until smooth. You can also use an electric handheld mixer if you prefer this method.
- Next, pour the mixture into a small casserole dish and then spread the cheddar cheese over the top. I like to use a pie plate, preferably something you can bake and serve it in.
- Proceed to cook in oven for 30-40 minutes, it should be bubbly and browned on top.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Can you make bean dip in the microwave?
While the original recipe is baked in the oven, you can speed it up by using the microwave. Mix the first four ingredients together and then place in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave for about 2-3 minutes and then sprinkle the cheddar on top. You can microwave for another 30 seconds to melt the cheese, but I prefer to place the dish in the oven to broil the cheese. Totally up to you!
How do you make a smooth cream cheese dip?
The key to making the cream cheese dip smooth is to make sure that the cream cheese is completely softened. Room temperature is optimal, but if you are in a hurry, you can place cold cream cheese in the microwave. Microwave at 10-second intervals, checking in between to make sure that the cream cheese isn’t melting or getting too hot. Continue to stir the cream cheese in between each interval until you get a smooth, creamy texture.
Can I use low-fat cream cheese in this recipe?
Yes, you can use low-fat or even non-fat cream cheese in this recipe. There is enough flavor and texture added in with the beans, salsa and the shredded cheddar that you probably won’t even notice the difference!
What is the best kind of cheese to use in dip?
I usually use medium cheddar, but you could use a different type of cheese or a combination of cheeses to change up the taste a little bit. You could do a mixture of cheddar and swiss, or use a cheddar blend or Monterey Jack would be delicious too! This is a great way to use up any type of cheese you happen to have on hand!
What do you use to dip in the bean dip?
This dip is amazing with tortilla chips, but you can dip crackers, carrots, celery, or even potato chips. You can also scoop this dip into tortillas, add some meat and roll up like a burrito! So many ways to enjoy this delicious dip.
NEED MORE APPETIZER RECIPES? YOU’VE GOT TO TRY THESE:
- The Best Chicken Tenders appetizer
- Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs appetizer
- Cheesy Meatball Bites appetizer
- Pizza Pinwheels appetizer
- Ranch Chicken Bacon Kabob appetizer
- Best Meatball and Lil Smokies appetizer
- Quick & Easy Chicken Salad appetizer recipe
- Baked Bacon Meatball appetizer
- Best cheese Fondue appetizer
- Ranch Sausage Rolls appetizer
- Homemade Nacho Cheese recipe
- Best Texas Caviar appetizer recipe
- Honey Glazed Chicken Wings Recipe
Love Mexican Food? Here are some of our other favorite recipes.
- Mexican Chicken Lasagna
- Mexican Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
- Mexican Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Velveeta Sausage Queso Dip
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Enchiladas
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Taco Cornbread Casserole
- Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup
- Easy Taco Salad
Green Chile Bean Dip is made with just 5 ingredients and is a delicious chip dip! Made with refried beans, cheese, sour cream and salsa, this simple dip is the perfect appetizer.