Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders made with simple, flavorful ingredients for a tasty appetizer or easy dinner! Easy chicken recipe made with bacon & brown sugar, which is always a winning combination!
You’re going to love these brown sugar bacon-wrapped chicken tenders. It’s simple and easy to make and the flavors once baked are phenomenal Salty, sweet, savory, smokey, and just so gosh darn tasty with just about any side dish. There’s no way you can’t fall in love with these as just a few minutes in the oven and your noses will be begging you to speed up time and get them on your plate that much faster.
What are brown sugar bacon chicken tenders?
They are a simple meaty dish made from chicken tenders that have been wrapped in bacon and baked. The chicken is first coated in spices so the bacon not only helps to hold them in but adds its own flavor as well. Topping the bacon wrapped chicken off with a sprinkling of brown sugar is where we get that caramelization and sweetness we didn’t know we needed in our lives.
-Chicken tenders: We will need about 10-12 boneless skinless chicken tenders (roughly 2 pounds) of raw chicken.
-Bacon: We will need 10-12 strips of uncooked bacon. This should work out to one piece of bacon per chicken tender.
-Brown sugar: This is what gives us the sweet caramelization we want. We will use about 1/3 cup of brown sugar to do so.
-Seasonings: We will need a combination of 1 teaspoon each of smoked paprika and garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon each of dried oregano and ground black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt to make sure that our chicken is flavorful and delicious.
HOW TO MAKE BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN TENDERS
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Toss the chicken tenders around in the seasoning mixture to coat them well.
Wrap each spiced chicken tender with a piece of bacon and then lay it on the baking sheet. Repeat until all chicken have finished.
Pat the brown sugar over the tops of the bacon wrapped chicken tenders.
Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is cooked through to your liking and the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Remove and serve warm. Enjoy!
BROWN SUGAR BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN TENDERS
- 12 boneless skinless chicken tenders about 2lbs
- 12 strips of uncooked bacon
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the seasonings until well combined.
- Toss the chicken tenders in the seasoning mixture to evenly coat.
- Wrap each chicken tender in a strip of bacon and place onto the baking sheet.
- Pat the brown sugar evenly across the tops of each wrapped chicken tender and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is cooked through to your liking and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauces. Enjoy!
How long is bacon wrapped chicken good for?
Store cooked chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat before eating.
Can I prep brown sugar bacon chicken in advance?
Yes, you can make these chicken tenders on a baking sheet, all the way up to the baking process, and cover them with foil in the fridge until ready to cook. To prevent brown sugar from slipping off as it rests, I recommend adding that only before baking.
- EASY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE WITHOUT BUTTERMILK
- RANCH CHICKEN BACON KABOBS
- CREAMY LEMON CHICKEN PASTA
- EASY CHICKEN FAJITAS
- 30-MINUTE WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
- OVEN BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS
- CROCKPOT CHICKEN TACO SOUP
- CHICKEN BACON RANCH ENCHILADAS
- MEXICAN CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER
- CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
- EASY INDIAN BUTTER CHICKEN
- COCA-COLA CHICKEN
- CHICKEN NACHOS RECIPE
- FAJITA CHICKEN KABOBS
- STICK OF BUTTER SMOKED WHOLE CHICKEN
Oven baked bacon wrapped chicken tenders are an easy-to-make dish that’s mind-blowingly good. With bacon wrapped smoky, sweet chicken in every bite, you know it’s going to be the star of the meal.