Easy Big Mac Bites are appetizers that taste like your favorite fast-food burger! All the flavors of a Big Mac but in a fun bite-sized portion that’s perfect for parties!
This mini burger appetizer recipe is one to bring out at your next party or BBQ. Made to include all of your favorite toppings and ingredients, these big mac sliders don’t skip a beat. You’re going to love every last bite of this big mac recipe!
Little Big Macs
If you’ve ever been to or seen a McDonalds commercial or menu then you probably already know about the big mac. It’s a double-decker sandwich with three buns, two patties, “mac” sauce, pickles, cheese, and more. It’s one of the most popular menu items. Making these little burger bites in a simplified slider cup form just makes them that much more fun and irresistible (not to mention easier to eat!)
Big mac bites ingredients
-Burger buns: You will need 6 burger buns that have been sliced in half. If you can find slider buns at your local store, that’s even better!
-Ground beef: Use one pound of ground beef for the base of the burgers.
-Onion: You will need ½ cup of finely chopped onion to help add more flavor to these burgers.
-Worcestershire sauce: Adding in one tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce will give a nice depth of flavor to the meat.
-American cheese: Cheeseburgers need cheese so grab 6 slices of American cheese and slice them into 4 pieces each.
-Sesame seeds: You will need about 1 teaspoon’s worth of sesame seeds.
-Pickles: To add pickles to your mini burgers, use 12 dill pickle chips.
-Thousand island dressing: You will need about ¼ cup of Thousand Island dressing to mimic the “mac sauce” used on a real big mac.
How to make easy big mac bites
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray the inside of a 12 count muffin cup with nonstick cooking spray.
Press half of a burger bun, cut side up, into each muffin cup, and press it out thin.
In a large skillet, brown and crumble the ground beef and drain the excess grease. Remove the pan from the heat.
Add your Worcestershire sauce to the meat and stir to combine. Also mix in the onion, salt, and pepper to taste.
Place a quartered piece of cheese into each muffin cup on top of the bread.
Divide the meat mixture between each cup.
Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the buns are lightly toasted.
Remove from the oven and immediately top with another quarter of the cheese.
Sprinkle the tops with sesame seeds and drizzle with some thousand island dressing and a pickle chip.
Serve warm. Enjoy!
EASY BIG MAC BITES
- 6 hamburger buns cut in half, or use slider buns instead!
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices American cheese each cut in four pieces
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed
- 12 dill pickle chips
- ¼ cup thousand island dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 count regular-size muffin cup with non-stick spray.
- Press half of a bun, cut side up, into each muffin cup, pressing to thin out the bun some.
- In a large skillet brown and crumble your ground beef and drain. Remove from heat. Add Worcestershire sauce, onion and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a quarter of each slice of cheese into each cup.
- Divide meat mixture evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until the buns are lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and immediately top each cup with another quarter of the cheese slices.
- Sprinkle each one with sesame seeds, a drizzle of the thousand island and a pickle chip. Serve & enjoy!
What to serve with big mac slider cups?
These little burger bites would do great served alongside some shoestring french fries or crispy tater tots. Don’t forget to wash it down with a cold soda like you would at Mc Donalds!
Are big mac bites healthy?
Compared to the big macs you buy in person or in the drive-thru these burgers are the healthier option. There are no added preservatives to the meat and you can buy healthier buns as desired. You can even portion control a bit thanks to the smaller serving sizes. Small changes can also be made to make the recipe healthier such as swapping out the ground beef for ground turkey, etc.
Check out these other great appetizer recipes soon!
- CHICKEN PARMESAN APPETIZER
- SANDWICH APPETIZER SKEWERS
- CROCKPOT SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS
- EASY LIL SMOKIES & MEATBALL APPETIZER
- EASY APPETIZER! VEGGIE CUPS W/ SPINACH DIP
- ASPARAGUS CRESCENT ROLLS
- MEATLOAF CUPCAKES
- RANCH CHICKEN BACON KABOBS
- OVEN BAKED CHICKEN WINGS
- BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN TENDERS
- BEST TEXAS CAVIAR RECIPE
This easy big mac bites recipe is a perfect appetizer idea to serve up to family and guests. It tastes like the real thing but they’re made in the comfort of your own home.