Cheesecake ice cream pie is a delightful cross between classic cheesecake & homemade ice cream! Creamy, rich ice cream pie with cheesecake flavors & topped with cherries, of course!
If looks alone could fill you up you’d always be stuffed. This wonderful homemade ice cream pie is a fabulous addition to any dessert table, festivity, or get-together. It’s a show stopper in looks and tastes because it’s the perfect way to close the night.
What is a cheesecake ice cream pie?
It’s a blend of sweet and creamy ice cream mixed with cream cheese & cheesecake pudding mix to create a rich and indulgent homemade ice cream flavor that pairs perfectly with the sweet and tangy cherry pie filling on top. Every bite is blended together seamlessly and nestled in a homemade graham cracker crust for that added crunch. You can’t get enough of this ice cream pie recipe!
Cheesecake ice cream pie ingredients
-Cream: You will need 2 cups of heavy whipping cream for the base of this homemade ice cream mixture.
-Condensed milk: To make your ice cream sweet and smooth add in 1 cup of sweetened condensed milk. You can use the dairy-free coconut version if you’d like! (it’s amazing!)
-Cream Cheese: add a rich, creamy texture to the cheesecake by adding in 8 oz of cream cheese. Make sure it’s softened so that it mixes smoothly into the cream.
-Vanilla: This will help to enhance the flavors in the ice cream mixture, so add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Higher-quality vanillas will have a stronger flavor.
-Pudding mix: Use 1 small package of instant cheesecake pudding mix. Just the dry stuff.
-Graham crackers: For the crust, you will need 1 package of graham crackers.
-Butter: Use 4 tablespoons of melted butter to help bind together the graham cracker crumbs for a richer tasting crust.
-Sugar: Add 4 tablespoons of sugar to the crust to make it nice and sweet. Perfect for any dessert or treat!
-Pie filling: You’ll need some cherry pie filling to put on top of the ice cream pie. You can use a can of your favorite storebought or make homemade cherry pie filling and place it on top depending on what you prefer.
How to make a cheesecake ice cream pie
Place your graham crackers into a food processor and blend until they are fine crumbs.
Add in the sugar and butter and then process again until it’s the consistency of wet sand. Then set it aside.
Place your heavy whipping cream into a mixing bowl and then mix on high until stiff peaks form. This will take a few minutes.
Add in your condensed milk, cream cheese, vanilla, and dry pudding mix, and then mix again until combined.
Pour your graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a well-greased springform pan. Press down on the crust firmly.
Pour your cheesecake ice cream mixture over the top and spread it out nice and smooth.
Place your pie in the freezer overnight to chill and harden. Before serving top with cherry pie filling. Slice, serve and enjoy!
Cheesecake Ice Cream Pie
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3.4 oz Cheesecake Pudding Mix just the dry mix
- 9 Graham Crackers 1 sleeve
- 4 tablespoons Melted Butter
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- Cherry Pie Filling for topping
- Start by placing your graham crackers into a food processor. Process until it's fine in texture. Add sugar and melted butter and process once more until the consistency of wet sand. Set aside.
- Place heavy whipping cream into a bowl and mix on high until stiff peaks form.
- Add in your cream cheese (make sure it's soft, so it mixes smoothly!) condensed milk, vanilla, and pudding mix. Mix until well combined.
- Pour your graham cracker crumbs into a well greased pie pan. Press down firmly.
- Pour your cheesecake mixture over the crust and smooth out.
- Place in the freezer overnight. Add cherry pie filling on top before serving. Enjoy!
Can I make this recipe into other flavors?
Yes, by using a different flavor of instant pudding mix or topping with different pie fillings you can easily customize this recipe to your own taste and desires. Try a delicious butterscotch pudding mix and apple filling, for example, they’d be great for fall, or just making the crust with Oreos, and switching the pudding mix for chocolate flavor could make this into a black forest flavored dessert. There are so many options that this homemade ice cream pie recipe is going to be perfect for every occasion and craving.
How to make graham cracker crust without a food processor
You can turn your graham cracker cookies into fine crumbs by placing them in a blender if you don’t have a food processor. You can also place them in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag and remove the air before sealing. Then roll over it back and forth with a rolling pin until it’s finely mashed. This is both simple and easy (and could be a great way to get the kids to help if you don’t want to do it yourself.)
Check out these other great ice cream recipes!
- CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM CAKE
- ICE CREAM SANDWICH CAKE
- STRAWBERRY BANANA ICE CREAM FLOAT
- HOLIDAY PEPPERMINT ICE CREAM CAKE ROLL
- PEACH ICE CREAM
- CHOCOLATE BANANA ICE CREAM
- STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM PIE
- CHOCOLATE CHERRY ICE CREAM
- RICE KRISPIE ICE CREAM CONES
- LAYERED PUMPKIN ICE CREAM DESSERT
- RASPBERRY ICE CREAM PIE
- QUICK STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM
- EASY OREO ICE CREAM CAKE
- CHERRY CHEESECAKE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
This no-bake ice cream pie from scratch is one you’re going to want to share with everyone. It’s a perfect recipe that can be made days in advance and it’s always as tasty as it is easy to make.