Garlic Poppy Seed Spirals are a delicious appetizer perfect for any occasion! Crescent rolls filled with garlic cream cheese & rolled in poppy or sesame seeds are a flavorful hors d’oeuvres everyone loves!
To make this easy appetizer recipe, all you need is a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time. The filling is made with cream cheese, garlic, and Italian seasoning. The mixture is then rolled up in a buttery crescent roll and cut into strips and dipped in poppy or sesame seeds to create these delightful crescent roll appetizes.
What are Garlic Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Spirals?
Garlic crescent roll cream cheese spirals are a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer that is your family and guests are sure to enjoy! These spirals are made with crescent roll dough, cream cheese, garlic, and poppy seeds. The dough is rolled out and spread with a mixture of cream cheese, garlic, and topped with poppy seeds. The spirals are then baked until golden brown and served warm.
The combination of garlic and cream cheese gives these spirals a rich and creamy flavor, while the poppy seeds add a subtle crunch. They are perfect for serving as an appetizer at parties, or as a snack for any occasion. Whether you are hosting a party or looking for a quick and easy snack, these spirals are a great choice.
Why You’ll Love This Simple Roll Up Appetizer Recipe
- Easy to follow steps. Follow along with this recipe and enjoy how simple it is to make. The steps are pretty basic and easy to follow along with. The spirals can be assembled and baked in less than 30 minutes, making them a great option for last-minute entertaining..
- Versatile. These spirals can be served as an appetizer or a snack. They are perfect for a party or gathering, but they also make a great addition to a lunchbox or a picnic basket. The recipe can be easily adapted to suit your taste by adding different herbs or spices to the filling.
- Impressive Presentation. The spirals have a beautiful presentation that will impress your guests. The golden puff pastry and the poppy seeds create an eye-catching contrast, and the spirals can be arranged on a platter for a stunning display. They are sure to be a hit at any event.
Ingredients for Garlic Cream Cheese Roll Ups
Crescent rolls: You will need 2 cans of crescent rolls. Any brand that you’d prefer will taste great, but the ones that are cut into triangles will be the easiest for this recipe.
Cream cheese: Use one 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened, for a tangy and delicious flavor.
Garlic: Adding in 1 TBSP of minced garlic will give this dish more great taste.
Italian seasoning: Using 2 tsp of Italian seasoning will give the cream cheese filling a wonderful earthy flavor.
Poppy seeds: You need about 3-4 TBSP of poppy seeds and/or sesame seeds for the topping, bother will work really well for this recipe.
How to make Garlic Poppy Seed Spirals
Get the oven preheating to 375 degrees F. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
In a blender or food processor, combine and mix the softened cream cheese, minced garlic, and Italian seasoning. Taste test and add more garlic if desired.
Next, pop open the cans of crescent rolls and proceed to pinch 2 of the triangles together to form a rectangle sheet. Repeat with all the rolls until complete.
Then spread a spoonful of the cheese mixture on the rectangles of dough.
After that, roll up each rectangle of dough starting at the narrow side.
Then slice into pieces about ½” thick- you should get several spirals per rectangle.
Dip each piece in either the poppy seeds or sesame seeds and place seed side up on the baking sheet.
Proceed to place the rolls into the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the rolls are golden brown.
Let cool for 3-5 minutes, transfer to a serving platter and enjoy!
Variations of Poppy Seed Cream Cheese Roll Ups
Poppy Seed Cream Cheese Roll Ups are a versatile and delicious appetizer that can be customized to suit any taste. Here are some variations to try:
- Smoked Salmon and Poppy Seed Cream Cheese Pinwheels: Spread poppy seed cream cheese on a crescent roll and layer with chopped bits of smoked salmon. Roll up tightly and slice and bake into for an elegant and tasty appetizer.
- Ham and Poppy Seed Cream Cheese Roll Ups: Spread poppy seed cream cheese on a tortilla and layer with thinly sliced ham. Roll up tightly and bake into rounds for a savory and satisfying appetizer.
GARLIC POPPY SEED SPIRALS
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 TBSP Poppy seeds and/or sesame seeds
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Filling: In a blender or food processor, combine and mix the softened cream cheese, minced garlic, and Italian seasoning. Taste test and add more garlic if desired.
- Assemble: Pop open the cans of crescent rolls and proceed to pinch 2 of the triangles together to form a rectangle sheet. Repeat with all the rolls until complete.
- Spread a spoonful of the cheese mixture on the rectangles of dough. After that, roll up each rectangle of dough starting at the narrow side. Slice into pieces about ½” thick- you should get several pieces per rectangle.
- Dip each piece in either the poppy seeds or sesame seeds and place seed side up on the baking sheet.
- Bake: Place the rolls into the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the rolls are golden brown. Let cool for 3-5 minutes, transfer to a serving platter and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
When to Serve Poppy Seed Crescent Pinwheels
You can serve these appetizers for any occasion, or no occasion at all. They make a great addition to any party or casual get together with friends. They’re also perfect for a simple lunch if you want something light, buttery, savory, and delicious. Reheat them in the air fryer for a fresh from oven taste and you’re in for a real treat!
How long are crescent spirals good for?
These spirals can be kept stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 or 4 days. For best tasting results, I always recommend eating them straight out of the oven (after they’ve had a moment to cool).
Can I freeze pinwheels?
This recipe can be frozen after the pinwheels have cooled completely. Place them into an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw them for a few hours (or overnight) in the fridge before eating.
Do I eat crescent wheels hot or cold?
You can serve up and eat these rolls either way but I always recommend enjoying them warm from the oven because that’s when everything just feels right. You can also reheat them in the air fryer if you want to recreate the flakey warm oven taste a day later.
Tips for Perfect Garlic Poppy Seed Cream Cheese Spirals
To ensure that your Garlic Poppy Seed Cream Cheese Spirals turn out perfectly, follow these tips:
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing it with the garlic and poppy seeds.
- Roll the dough out thinly so that the spirals are not too thick.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the spirals so that they do not become squished.
Check out these easy appetizer recipes you’ll enjoy
- BBQ CHICKEN WONTONS
- CROCKPOT SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
- CREAMY SALSA VERDE
- BBQ BEEF BISCUIT CUPS
- CHICKEN AVOCADO QUESADILLAS
- LEMON CHIFFON DIP
- GREEN CHILE BEAN DIP
- EASY FRIED CHEESE STRAWS
- VELVEETA SAUSAGE QUESO DIP
- CAPRESE POPS
- EASY RANCH SAUSAGE ROLLS
- CHEESY PUFF PASTRY CHRISTMAS TREE
- REINDEER CHRISTMAS CHEESEBALL
Garlic Poppy Seed Spirals are so easy to prepare and always a hit when served. These cream cheese roll ups are savory, buttery and OH SO delicious!