Crockpot Artichoke Spinach Dip a savory & delicious appetizer that can be prepped in 5 minutes flat! This easy spinach artichoke dip in the crock pot is packed with cheese, artichoke, spinach and flavorful seasonings!
Making crock pot spinach artichoke dip is a super simple way to get a deliciously hot and melty cheese dip with very little effort. This delicious spinach artichoke dip recipe is a wonderful warm dip with whirls of spinach, chunks of amazing artichoke hearts and is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
The BEST Crockpot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Now, we don’t want to toot our own horns around here but we are not lying when we say this dip is absolutely the best! Made with less than 10 ingredients, about 5 minutes of prep, and only 1-2 hours of patience yields you with a creamy cheesy savory dip that is perfect for any occasion. This slow cooker spinach and artichoke dip is perfect for tailgating, entertaining guests at a party, or weekend snacking while watching tv. Serve this sensational dip with fresh sliced baguettes or tortilla chips and it will disappear quickly!
Why you’ll love this simple cheesy dip recipe
- Easy to make! To make this delectable dip you only need 9 ingredients! And some of these ingredients might already be in your fridge.
- Filling appetizer. What I love about this appetizer is that it is so filling. It is packed with loads of cheesy and two vegetables, it is a great dish to serve if you only want to make appetizers for an event or party. It also makes a great game day snack!
- 3 words: Cheesy Spinach Artichoke. Do I really need to say more? Once you give this amazing dip a try you will be hooked for sure.
Mozzarella cheese: You will need 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese or Monterey Jack cheese for this recipe. I like to shred my own cheese because pre-shredded cheese has anticaking ingredients in it that can create a strange texture.
Artichoke hearts: For the main ingredient in this dip, use one 13-ounce sized can of artichoke hearts that have been drained and chopped into smaller-sized pieces.
Sour cream: Adding in ½ cup of sour cream will make the dip nice and creamy in texture.
Cream cheese: Use ¾ cups of cream cheese to help make the dip taste rich and wonderful.
Parmesan cheese: Use ⅓ cup of parmesan cheese to add a great depth of flavor and more cheesy goodness to every bite.
Spinach: You will need 1 cup of frozen spinach that has been defrosted and drained of excess liquid.
Garlic: Use 2 minced garlic cloves for extra amazing flavor in this simple appetizer dish.
Black pepper: Use 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper to help season this recipe.
Salt: You will need ½ teaspoon of sea salt to help enhance the flavors in this appetizer.
How to make Crockpot Artichoke Spinach Dip
Start by grabbing your large size crock pot and set it to low heat.
The spinach needs to be defrosted and drained of the excess liquid.
If you are shredding your own cheese, as opposed to using pre-shredded, get that 1 cup shredded now.
Then, drain the can of artichoke hearts and chop them into small bite sized pieces.
Also, if you are using fresh garlic cloves, mince those now too. I like to use jars of minced garlic to save me time and energy.
Next, add the mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, sour cream, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, spinach, minced garlic, and salt/pepper to the crock pot. Give it a good mixing, but as it cooks and melts it will combine better.
Once all the ingredients have been added, cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 2 hours or on high for 1 hour.
Check the dip every hour, stir a couple of times to help combine all the ingredients well.
This dish is meant to be served warm, so you can just unplug the crockpot and serve the dip from there to keep it warm.
Serve the dip with a side of toasted baguettes, tortilla chips, carrots, celery sticks, or snack sized bell peppers even! Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
CROCKPOT ARTICHOKE SPINACH DIP
- 1 cup mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 13 oz artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup cream cheese
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 cup spinach frozen or fresh- defrosted and drained
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Prep: Grab your large size crock pot and set the heat to low.
- The spinach also needs to be defrosted and drained of the excess liquid. If you are shredding your own cheese, as opposed to using pre-shredded, get that 1 cup shredded now.
- Then, drain the can of artichoke hearts and chop them into small bite sized pieces. Also, if you are using fresh garlic cloves, mince those now too. I like to use jars of minced garlic to save me time and energy.
- Assembly: Next, add the mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, sour cream, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, spinach, minced garlic and salt/pepper to the crock pot. Give it a good stir, but as it cooks and melts it will combine better.
- Cook: Once all the ingredients have been added, cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 2 hours or on high for 1 hour.
- Check the dip every hour, stir a couple of times to help combine all the ingredients well. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste if desired. Serve with buttered toasts, pita crackers or chips. Enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Can I use fresh spinach instead?
Yes, if you do not have any frozen spinach or would like to use fresh go right on ahead! All you have to do it wash the spinach leaves well, and then trim off the stems. If desired you can loosely chop the spinach to that the pieces are smaller but as the dip melts together in the crockpot the spinach leaves will cook and shrink. So a leaf that may have been 3 inches in size when fresh will be significantly smaller once cooked, as you may have already expected.
Can I make hot spinach and artichoke dip in advance?
Yes, you can. Go ahead and mix together the dip ingredients and set them aside in an airtight container or well-covered bowl in the fridge until ready to heat and warm through.
How do I reheat easy spinach artichoke dip?
You can reheat a large serving of dip in your slow cooker until warmed through and bubbly or you can do smaller single-sized portions in a microwave-safe bowl for about a minute or so in your microwave. Stir well to evenly distribute the heat and make sure that it is evenly warmed through before serving. Enjoy!
Check out these other cheesy dip recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- VELVEETA SAUSAGE QUESO DIP
- CHEESY SALSA DIP
- CHEESY BAKED CORN DIP
- RANCH CHICKEN CHEESE DIP
- CHEESY CRAB DIP
- CHEESY BLACK BEAN AVOCADO DIP
- SMOKY RANCH DIP & GAME DAY SNACK TRAY
- CRANBERRY SALSA DIP
- CHEESY BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
- CHEESY CHICKEN ENCHILADA DIP
Prepared and ready for the slow cooker in just minutes this crockpot artichoke spinach dip recipe is a delicious appetizer or snack that everyone will enjoy. It’s packed with melty gooey cheesy and spinach and it’s perfect for all of your snacking needs.