Cheesy Black Bean Avocado Dip is so delicious and is made with only 4 simple ingredients, making it the perfect appetizer for any party! This avocado and black bean dip is not only easy to make but the flavor combination is incredible too.
Whip up this easy cheesy hot bean dip for your next family event or party, it is an inexpensive, yet filling appetizer to serve. Black bean and avocado dip is a hearty and warm dish that your guests will devour as soon as it is served!
Black Bean and Avocado Dip
Cheesy black bean avocado dip is always a huge hit any time I serve it. I love salsa and guacamole, and pretty much anything that you can dip chips in, so I was excited to try this simple recipe. It is perfect for parties, family gatherings, potlucks or even a late-night snack! You only need four ingredients to make this incredible tasting dip!
Why we think you will love this easy dip recipe
Here are a few more reasons to give this delicious dip a try today!
- 5 minute prep! The simple and tasty ingredients make this quick to whip up and get into the oven. The dip does need to bake for about 20 minutes, but only takes a few minutes of prep time.
- 4 ingredients. To make this delectable dip you only need 4 ingredients! Black beans, salsa, cheese, and avocado.
- Absolutely delicious. Cheesy black bean avocado dip, do I really need to say more? My kids love this as an after school snack, but it is a perfect appetizer recipe for parties and potlucks too.
INGREDIENTS IN CHEESY BLACK BEAN AVOCADO DIP
Black beans: You need one 15-ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained, for the base of this wonderful dip.
Salsa: Just ¾ cup of your favorite salsa really adds a. lot of flavor to the dish. Any type of salsa works great! You can make the dip as mild or as spicy as you want, depending on the type of salsa you use.
Cheese: Use 2 cups of a shredded Mexican blend cheese or Monterey Jack. Pretty much any type of cheese will be delicious when melted on top!
Avocado: Peel and chop one avocado to add to the dip. I don’t usually bake avocados, but they are so yummy in this dip – don’t leave them out!
How to make Avocado Black Bean and Cheese Dip
Start by preheating the oven to 350°.
In a large mixing bowl, mash the black beans with a fork. Add the salsa and 1 cup of the shredded cheese and stir into the beans until well combined.
Spread the bean mixture in the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
Peel and dice the avocado and evenly distribute the avocado over the top of the bean mixture.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Bake the dip for about 20 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is melted.
Serve warm with tortilla chips!
CHEESY BLACK BEAN AVOCADO DIP
- 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium avocado peeled and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the black beans with a fork. Add the salsa and 1 cup of the shredded cheese and stir into the beans until well combined.
- Spread the bean mixture in the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Peel and dice the avocado and evenly distribute the avocado over the top of the bean mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake the dip for about 20 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
When to Serve Black Bean Avocado Dip
This dip is perfect as an after school snack, simple appetizer or a game day snack! Just make sure to get enough chips for everyone.
HOW LONG WILL THIS BEAN DIP LAST FOR?
This amazing dish will last in the refrigerator for 3-5 days, but there usually aren’t any left overs to save! Any leftover dip should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can be reheated in the microwave when ready to eat.
CAN YOU MAKE THIS BEAN DIP IN THE MICROWAVE?
I prefer to bake this dip in the oven because it cooks more evenly and the cheese melts better, but the microwave works great if you are in a hurry!
Mix the black beans, salsa and half of the cheese together and then place in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave for about 3 minutes and then sprinkle the remaining cheese and avocado on top. Then microwave for another 3 minutes.
If you liked this dip, try more appetizer recipes here!
- Cheesy Ranch Chicken Dip
- Ranch Chicken Cheese Dip
- Texas Trash Bean Dip
- Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Cheesy Green Chile Bean Dip
- Ranch Chicken Bacon Kabob appetizer
- Best Meatball and Lil Smokies appetizer
- Quick & Easy Chicken Salad appetizer recipe
- Baked Bacon Meatball appetizer
- Best cheese Fondue appetizer
- Ranch Sausage Rolls appetizer
- Homemade Nacho Cheese recipe
- Best Texas Caviar appetizer recipe
- Honey Glazed Chicken Wings Recipe
Cheesy Black Bean Avocado Dip is so delectable and is made with just 4 simple ingredients, making it an amazing appetizer for any event! This avocado and black bean dip is so easy to make and the flavor combination is sensational too.