Honey Glazed Chicken Wings are easily my favorite kind of baked chicken wings. Smothered with a delicious sweet glaze, this baked chicken wings recipe are literally finger-lickin’ good!
This recipe is sponsored by Kroger. All opinions are 100% mine. #InspiredGathering
These baked chicken wings are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The simple, 4-ingredient glaze adds an array of flavors- smoky, sweet and just enough spice to make your taste buds happy.
How long to bake chicken wings in the oven:
The time it takes to bake chicken wings can differ based on recipe. For these Honey Glazed Chicken Wings, they’ll cook about 40-45 minutes. More important than how long they cook is what temperature they cook to. As long as they get to 165º, you’re good!
How do you make honey glaze?
To make the honey glaze, you combine honey, soy sauce, hot sauce (if you like it spicy) and your favorite barbecue sauce in a mixing bowl. That’s it!
Then when your chicken wings are down, you just put them in a medium sized bowl and pour the glaze on top of them. So easy!
Can baked chicken wings be pink?
The only real indicator of when chicken is fully cooked is temperature. When your meat thermometer reaches 165º in the thickest part of the meat, then you can know it is cooked. If it’s a little pink, but is at 165º, the pinkness is okay!
Ingredients need to make Baked Chicken Wings with Honey Glaze
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make Honey Glazed Chicken Wings:
— 2 pounds frozen chicken wings, thawed
— 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
— 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
— 1/4 cup melted butter
— 1 tablespoon soy sauce
— 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
— 1/4 cup honey
— 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
— Dash of Tabasco® (or a few dashes, depending on how spicy you like it!)
— 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to make Honey Glazed Chicken Wings
To make Chicken Wings, you start with preheating your oven to 400ºF. While the oven is preheating, rinse chicken wings and pat them mostly dry.
Put your flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a 1-gallon bag, and shake it up to make sure it’s mixed. Add in the chicken wings and shake well to coat them.
Next, spread wings on a foil-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
After they’re done in the fridge, brush melted butter on wings and bake for 40-45 minutes, until wings are lightly browned and a meat thermometer registers 165° F. Switch oven to broil and broil for 2-3 minutes, until outside of wings look more toasted.
In a bowl, stir together the honey, soy sauce, your favorite store-bought barbecue sauce and the hot sauce.
Lastly, put the wings to a medium sized bowl and pour glaze on top, stirring until coated.
Serve with a side of ranch dressing.
Honey Glazed Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds frozen chicken wings thawed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 Dash of Tabasco® or a few dashes, depending on how spicy you like it!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse chicken wings and pat them mostly dry.
- Combine flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a 1-gallon bag. Add in chicken wings and shake well to coat.
- Spread wings on a foil-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Brush melted butter on wings and bake for 40-45 minutes, until wings are lightly browned and a meat thermometer registers 165° Switch oven to broil and broil for 2-3 minutes, until outside of wings look more toasted.
- Combine honey, soy sauce, your favorite store-bought barbecue sauce and the hot sauce. Stir to combine.
- Transfer wings to a medium sized bowl and pour glaze on top, stirring until coated.
- Serve with a side of ranch dressing.
Looking for more great appetizer recipes? Try looking here!
Can chicken wings be reheated?
Yes! Chicken wings, but especially Honey Glazed Chicken Wings, make some of my favorite leftovers!
Will chicken wings stick to parchment paper?
Some bakers have had issues with chicken wings sticking to parchment paper, but some swear by it! I personally stick to foil because it’s the tried and true way.
Love chicken? Check out our favorite chicken recipes here:
- Greek Chicken Souvlaki
- Easy Chicken Cacciatore
- Best Chicken Strips
- BBQ Chicken Pineapple Kabobs
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice
- Salsa Chicken
- Coconut Chicken Curry
- Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip
- BBQ Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
Honey Glazed Chicken Wings are the best kind of baked chicken wings. Easily serve-able as a lunch, dinner or appetizer, this chicken wings recipe is sure to satisfy at parties or with your family!