Honey Glazed Chicken Wings are baked, then smothered with a delicious sweet honey glaze. Simple baked chicken wings recipe are literally finger-lickin’ good!
These baked chicken wings are crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. The simple, 4-ingredient glaze adds an array of flavors- smoky, sweet and just enough spice to make your taste buds happy.
How long to bake chicken wings in the oven
Chicken wings will take about 40-45 minutes to bake in the oven. When your meat thermometer reaches 165º in the thickest part of the meat, then you can know it is cooked.
How do you make honey glaze?
To make the honey glaze, you combine honey, soy sauce, hot sauce (if you like it spicy) and your favorite barbecue sauce in a mixing bowl. That’s it!
When your chicken wings are done baking, you just transfer them in a medium sized bowl and pour the glaze on top of them. So easy!
The only real indicator of when chicken is fully cooked is temperature. When your meat thermometer reaches 165º in the thickest part of the meat, then you can know it is cooked. Sometimes, the meat near the bone is slightly pink. As long as the internal temperature registers 165 degrees F, the meat is done.
Ingredients need to make Baked Chicken Wings with Honey Glaze
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make Honey Glazed Chicken Wings:
— frozen chicken wings, thawed
— all-purpose flour
— ground pepper
— melted butter
— soy sauce
— garlic powder
— barbecue sauce
— Dash of Tabasco® (or a few dashes, depending on how spicy you like it!)
How to make Honey Glazed Chicken Wings
To make chicken wings, you start by rinsing chicken wings and pat them mostly dry.
Put your flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a 1-gallon bag, and shake it up to make sure it’s mixed. Add in the chicken wings and shake well to coat them.
Chill Chicken Wings
Bake Chicken Wings
After they’re done in the fridge, brush melted butter on wings and bake for 40-45 minutes, until wings are lightly browned and a meat thermometer registers 165° F. Switch oven to broil and broil for 2-3 minutes, until outside of wings look more toasted.
Glaze Chicken Wings
In a bowl, stir together the honey, soy sauce, your favorite store-bought barbecue sauce and the hot sauce.
Lastly, put the wings to a medium sized bowl and pour glaze on top, stirring until coated.
Serve with a side of ranch dressing.
Honey Glazed Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds frozen chicken wings thawed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 Dash of Tabasco® or a few dashes, depending on how spicy you like it!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse chicken wings and pat them mostly dry.
- Combine flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a 1-gallon bag. Add in chicken wings and shake well to coat.
- Spread wings on a foil-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Brush melted butter on wings and bake for 40-45 minutes, until wings are lightly browned and a meat thermometer registers 165° Switch oven to broil and broil for 2-3 minutes, until outside of wings look more toasted.
- Combine honey, soy sauce, your favorite store-bought barbecue sauce and the hot sauce. Stir to combine.
- Transfer wings to a medium sized bowl and pour glaze on top, stirring until coated.
- Serve with a side of ranch dressing.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Hungry for more? Try some more grilled chicken recipes!
- Easy Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- BBQ Chicken with Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- Easy Smoked Chicken Legs Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
- Greek Chicken Souvlaki Recipe
- BBQ Chicken Kabobs with Bacon and Pineapple Recipe
- Sweet and Spicy Grilled Sticky Chicken Recipe
- Ranch Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- Cheesy Grilled Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- BLT Salad Recipe
- Grilled Spatchcock Chicken Recipe
Can chicken wings be reheated?
Yes! Chicken wings can be reheated, or you can enjoy them cold!
Will chicken wings stick to parchment paper?
Some bakers have had issues with chicken wings sticking to parchment paper, but some swear by it! I personally stick to foil because it’s the tried and true way.
Love chicken? Check out our favorite chicken recipes here:
- Greek Chicken Souvlaki
- Easy Chicken Cacciatore
- Best Chicken Strips
- BBQ Chicken Pineapple Kabobs
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice
- Salsa Chicken
- Coconut Chicken Curry
- Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip
- BBQ Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
Honey Glazed Chicken Wings are the best kind of baked chicken wings. Easily serve-able as a lunch, dinner or appetizer, this chicken wings recipe is sure to satisfy at parties or with your family!