Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe made with 3 cheeses, juicy chicken and a flavorful Buffalo sauce makes an awesome chicken wing dip with a bit of a kick. Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip is an easy appetizer perfect for game day.
Ingredients in Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
This is what you’ll need to make easy Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe:
–Rotisserie or canned chicken
–Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
This is how to make buffalo chicken dip recipe:
Start by setting aside 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Spray a medium-sized baking dish with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with diced avocado and tomato, if desired. Return to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes, until dip is bubbling up on the sides and cheese is all melted.
Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
See more of our favorite appetizer recipes here!
Can I use canned chicken for Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe?
Yes! If you don’t happen to have a rotisserie chicken on hand, a 14.5 oz can of cooked chicken from Costco works just as well.
CHEESY BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
- 2 cups cooked chicken finely chopped (14.5 oz can drained)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar/Jack cheese divided
- 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese half an 8-oz block
- 1 avocado diced (optional)
- 1 roma tomato diced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a medium-sized baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, combine drained chicken, remaining 3/4 cup shredded cheese, Frank's sauce, sour cream and cream cheese. Transfer mixture to greased baking dish and top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with diced avocado and tomato. Return to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes, until dip is bubbling up on the sides and cheese is all melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Need more appetizer recipes? You’ve got to try these:
- The Best Chicken Strips appetizer
- BEst Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs appetizer
- Easy Cheesy Meatball Bites appetizer
- Pizza Pinwheels appetizer
- Ranch Chicken Bacon Kabob appetizer
- Best Meatball and Lil Smokies appetizer
- Quick & Easy Chicken Salad appetizer recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Meatball appetizer
- Best cheese Fondue appetizer
- Ranch Sausage Rolls appetizer
- Homemade Nacho Cheese appetizer recipe
- Best Texas Caviar dip appetizer recipe
Can I make and freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe ahead of time?
For best results, Buffalo Chicken Dip should be frozen before baking; I do not recommend freezing the baked dip.
To freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe: Add dip to a bowl with a seal-able lid. Secure lid and store in the freezer for one to three months.
Before baking, let Buffalo Chicken Dip thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
How long does Buffalo Chicken Dip stay good for?
What’s the best cheese to use in Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip?
In Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe you can use regular cheddar cheese in this cheesy dip, but a lot of other types of cheese work well too! Because of the green chiles and taco seasoning in the dip, the flavors work well with Monterey Jack cheese or a fiesta Mexican blend of cheese. Use your favorite shredded cheese or a combination of two or three of your favorites!
What type of chicken is best in Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip?
You can use any type of cooked, shredded chicken, but I usually use rotisserie chicken in Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip because it is so moist, flavorful and easy too!
One of my favorite ways to make shredded chicken is in a slow cooker – all you have to do is place the chicken in a crockpot for about 5-6 hours on low with a can of chicken broth and it will just fall apart when it’s done cooking.
Recently, I have discovered another way to cook and shred chicken by using an Instant Pot! I just place a few chicken tenderloins or 1-2 chicken breasts in my Instant Pot, set it on high pressure for about 7-8 minutes and then just a few minutes later I have perfectly cooked chicken that shreds easily with two forks – I still can’t believe how fast and easy it is!
What do you serve with Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Tortilla chips are absolutely amazing with this dip – this dip recipe is perfect as a chip dip! Just make sure to use a sturdy chip – Tostitos scoops are one of the best chips for being able to hold a lot of dip!
You can also use other types of crackers like Wheat Thins or Triscuits if you prefer. It would probably taste great with veggies also – carrots, peppers, cherry tomatoes, etc.
You can also use this chicken dip as a filling for enchiladas or burritos or other Mexican recipes. Just wrap the filling in flour or corn tortillas and sprinkle some cheese on top. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until the cheese on top is melted.
I also love to eat this dip as a chicken filling for lettuce wraps – just place a couple spoonfuls of the chicken mixture into a large piece of Romaine lettuce and fold up like a taco! Low carb without sacrificing taste! And absolutley delicious!
If you enjoyed this Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip, you’ve got to try these other fantastic appetizers:
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe is my favorite buffalo sauce recipe. It’s perfect for parties, dinner, barbecues, and pretty much anywhere there’s food!