This strawberry mousse is simple; pretty dessert is light, perfectly sweet, and so easy to make. Topped with a fresh strawberry, and it’s a delightful summer treat.
If you’re looking for an easy dessert that looks and sounds fancy, this is it. A fresh and homemade strawberry mousse sounds like the perfect summer or spring dessert after a home cooked date night but it’s truly perfect for any occasion. This dessert is easy to make and so creamy and perfect you won’t even want to share, not that you have to. With every spoonful, you’ll swoon and fall further in love.
What is strawberry mousse?
Strawberry mousse is a tasty rich and creamy dessert that’s perfect for spring and summer. With this easy chilled dessert on hand, you can always have a luxurious dessert at the ready. Of course, you can enjoy it casually or as a nice dessert after a fancy dinner, the choice is up to you. Either way, grab a spoon and dig in because you won’t want to wait too long!
Strawberry Mousse Ingredients
-Strawberries: You’re going to want to use 6-8 quartered strawberries for the mouse plus more for topping as a garnish when serving.
-Gelatin: We need 1 packet of unflavored gelatin, this is about 2 rounded teaspoons.
-Heavy Cream: 1 cup of heavy whipping cream will make our mouse rich and fluffy light so that it practically melts on your tongue.
-Vanilla: Adding in just 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla will really help to enhance the flavors nicely.
-Powdered sugar: We want the mousse to be sweet ad creamy so using 1/2 cup of powdered sugar will give us exactly that.
-Sour cream: We need 1/2 cup of sour cream to give us a little tangy goodness and richness in every bite.
How to make strawberry mousse
Puree the strawberries in a blender or food processor. There should be about 1 cup of puree once finished.
Sprinkle the gelatin on top of the strawberry puree and pulse to combine. Continue pulsing a few times in the next 3-4 minutes as you prepare the rest of the mousse.
In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
Add in the vanilla and sugar, mixing again to combine.
Add in the sour cream and mix again.
Pour your strawberry gelatin puree over the cream mixture and mix together for about 3 minutes. The mousse should be soft, light, and hold soft peaks.
Serve it immediately or transfer it to a piping bag and store it in the fridge until ready to serve.
Pipe the mousse into small bowls and top with a strawberry when serving. Adding chocolate shavings on top could also be a nice touch.
- 6-8 strawberries quartered
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin 2 rounded tsp
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- additional strawberries for serving
- Puree strawberries. You should have about 1 cup of strawberry puree when finished. Sprinkle gelatin on top and pulse to combine. Continue pulsing a few times every 3-4 minutes while you prepare the rest of the mousse.
- Whip heavy cream until strong peaks form. Add in vanilla and sugar. Mix again to combine. Add in sour cream and repeat.
- Pour strawberry puree in with cream mixture and mix for about 3 minutes. Mousse should be soft, light and hold soft peaks. Serve immediately or transfer to a piping bag and store in the fridge until ready to serve. Pipe into small bowls and top with a strawberry to serve. I think it's also lovely with chocolate shavings on top!
How long is mousse good for?
This mousse if left uneaten and stored in an airtight container in the fridge can last about 3-5 days. For best results eat within a day.
Can I freeze strawberry mousse?
Yes, mousse can be frozen for up to 2 months in an airtight container. I recommend thawing it overnight in the fridge before eating.
More tasty strawberry recipes to enjoy soon
- STRAWBERRY BANANA ICE CREAM FLOAT
- STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE OREO BALLS
- STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE BITES
- STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM PIE
- STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE LUSH
- STRAWBERRY JELLO PARFAITS
- CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY DESSERT LASAGNA
- STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD
- STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE BARS
- GLAZED STRAWBERRY BUNDT CAKE
- STRAWBERRIES & CREAM POKE CAKE
- GLAZED STRAWBERRY BREAD
- STRAWBERRY SUGAR COOKIE BARS
- STRAWBERRY CAKE MIX COOKIES
- STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM PIE
Homemade strawberry mousse only needs 6 ingredients and a few minutes of prep. With a simple dessert recipe like this on hand, you’ll always be ready for date night or a cool summer treat that’s light on the tongue.