Strawberry Mousse is a beautiful treat made with fresh strawberries, cream & sugar! This strawberry mousse with gelatin is made with only 6 ingredients and has incredible flavor!
Homemade strawberry mousse is a tasty, rich and creamy dessert that is perfect for the warm spring and summer months. This strawberry mousse recipe is a creamy and sensational treat, every spoonful tastes better than the last!
What is Strawberry Mousse?
This dish is typically a savory or sweet treat that has the consistency of foam and they are always cold dishes, sometimes even served frozen. If you are looking for an easy dessert that looks and sounds fancy, this is it! Strawberry mousse is a great dessert for many occasions, multiple servings can be made to feed a crowd.
With this easy chilled dessert on hand, you can always have a luxurious dessert ready to impress your guests. Of course, you can enjoy it casually or as a nice dessert after a fancy dinner, the choice is up to you. Either way, grab a spoon and dig in because you will not want to wait too long!
Why you should try this sweet and delicious treat today!
If you are like me, you don’t need many reasons to try new desserts. But if you DO need convincing, here it goes!
- Sweet and soft. The ingredients in this recipe help to create the most soft and luscious dessert, it is perfectly sweet but not too much. Just the perfect dessert for a warm evening!
- Easy ingredients. Making this treat does not require a lot of ingredients and the one’s that are needed are basic and some are most likely already in your kitchen.
- Made in 10 minutes. From the time you start to the time you are enjoying this treat is 10 minutes, can you really beat that? Delicious and quick to make, winning!
Easy Strawberry Mousse Ingredients
-Strawberries: You are going to want to use 6-8 quartered strawberries for the mouse, plus more for topping as a garnish when serving.
-Gelatin: You will need 1 packet of unflavored gelatin, this is about 2 rounded teaspoons.
-Heavy Cream: Using 1 cup of heavy whipping cream will make the mouse rich and fluffy so that it practically melts on your tongue.
-Vanilla extract: Adding in just ½ teaspoons of vanilla will really help enhance the flavors in this recipe.
-Powdered sugar: Using ½ cup of powdered sugar will give this treat a lovely sweet flavor but not too overpowering, just right!
-Sour cream: You need ½ cup of sour cream to give this dessert wonderful richness in every bite.
Step by step on how to make Strawberry Mousse
Start by pureeing the cut and quartered strawberries in a blender or food processor. There should be about 1 cup of puree once finished.
Then, sprinkle the gelatin on top of the strawberry puree and pulse to combine. Continue pulsing a few times in the next 3-4 minutes as you prepare the rest of the mousse.
In a separate large bowl, whip the heavy cream with an electric handheld mixer until stiff peaks form.
Next, add in the vanilla extract and sugar, mixing again to combine.
Now add the sour cream and mix again.
After that, pour the strawberry gelatin puree, from the blender or food processor, over the cream mixture and mix together for about 3 minutes. The mousse should be soft, light, and hold soft peaks.
Serve it immediately or transfer it to a piping bag and store it in the fridge until ready to serve.
Pipe the mousse into small bowls and top with a strawberry when serving. Adding chocolate shavings on top could also be a nice touch.
Serve and enjoy!
- 6-8 strawberries washed & quartered
- 2 tsp unflavored gelatin 1 packet
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- additional strawberries for garnish
- Start by pureeing the cut and quartered strawberries in a blender or foodprocessor. There should be about 1 cup of puree once finished.
- Then, sprinkle the gelatin on top of the strawberry puree and pulse tocombine. Continue pulsing a few times in the next 3-4 minutes as you preparethe rest of the mousse.
- In a separate large bowl, whip the heavy cream with an electric handheldmixer until stiff peaks form.
- Next, add in the vanilla extract and sugar, mixing again to combine.
- Now add the sour cream and mix again.
- After that, pour the strawberry gelatin puree, from the blender or foodprocessor, over the cream mixture and mix together for about 3 minutes. Themousse should be soft, light, and hold soft peaks.
- Serve it immediately or transfer it to a piping bag and store it in thefridge until ready to serve.
- Pipe the mousse into small bowls and top with a strawberry & chocolate shavings when serving. Enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long is mousse good for?
This mousse, if there are leftovers, should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge and can last about 3-5 days. For best results eat we suggest eating this within a day or two.
Can I freeze strawberry mousse?
Yes, mousse can be frozen for up to 2 months in an airtight container. I recommend thawing it overnight in the fridge before eating.
Can I make this mousse with other fruits?
Yes, you can! This recipe can be made using other fruits, raspberries would be delicious and blueberries too. Or you could do a combination, half strawberry and the other half blueberries. A berry mixture would be very yummy!
More tasty strawberry recipes to enjoy too!
- STRAWBERRY BANANA ICE CREAM FLOAT
- STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE OREO BALLS
- STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE BITES
- STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM PIE
- STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE LUSH
- STRAWBERRY JELLO PARFAITS
- CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY DESSERT LASAGNA
- STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD
- STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE BARS
- GLAZED STRAWBERRY BUNDT CAKE
- STRAWBERRIES & CREAM POKE CAKE
- GLAZED STRAWBERRY BREAD
- STRAWBERRY SUGAR COOKIE BARS
- STRAWBERRY CAKE MIX COOKIES
- STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM PIE
Strawberry Mousse is such a pretty dessert, subtly sweet, and so easy to make! Topped with a fresh strawberry, and it is a delightful summer treat.