Strawberries and cream pie is a delicious cold dessert recipe you’ll want to try this summer. With cream cheese, sour cream, whipped topping, and fresh strawberries, every bite is packed with rich, creamy, favors.
This no bake strawberry cream pie recipe is one for the records books. With so much greatness packed into one pie, you can bet it’ll be the star of the show at the next potluck or barbecue. Everyone will love it just as much as you do, and with the bright strawberry colors, it’ll draw a crowd of people wanting to try it.
Why I Love Strawberries and Cream Pie
Strawberries and Cream Pie is one of my very favorite desserts because it is so easy to make and everyone just loves it! I’m not a very big fan of traditional pies, but I found this recipe a few years ago and it has become a family favorite for pie and non-pie fans alike!
Do I Have to Use an Oreos Crust?
Absolutely not! You can use any pie crust that you want. I’ve tried the strawberries and cream pie with Oreo crust and with regular graham cracker crust, both are delicious! You can even do a standard pie crust if you have one on hand, just bake it and let it cool prior to making the pie.
Can I Use a Different Berry?
Yes, of course! Honestly, I think that raspberries would work amazingly well with this cream pie recipe. But, you can choose any berry that you think would work well. Even a nice combination of fruit could be great. Strawberries and blueberries would bring in the red white and blue for the Fourth of July (just an idea.)
Strawberries and Cream Pie Ingredients
-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
-3 tsp shortening
-1 Oreo pie crust
-1 8-oz block cream cheese, softened
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 tub Cool Whip (8 oz)
-2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
How to Make Strawberries and Cream Pie
In a bowl, combine the chocolate chips and shortening. Melt in the microwave for about 30 seconds, stir and if needed, microwave for another 15-20 seconds.
Stir until combined and then pour ¾ of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pie crust. Refrigerate until firm.
In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer until smooth.
Fold in the cool whipped topping.
Pour or scoop the filling into the pie crust and then refrigerate overnight.
Arrange the strawberries on top of the pie. Microwave the remaining chocolate and then drizzle it over the top of the strawberries.
You can serve right away, but I usually place mine in the fridge for about an hour before serving. You can also add the strawberries and chocolate before that overnight refrigeration, both ways work great.
STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM PIE
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tsp shortening
- 1 Oreo pie crust I have also used a graham cracker crust and both options are fabulous
- 1 8- oz block cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tub Cool Whip 8 oz
- 2 cups fresh strawberries halved
- Combine chocolate chips and shortening and melt in the microwave. I usually microwave it for about 30 seconds and then stir. If needed, microwave for another 15-20 seconds and stir again. Stir until well combined and then pour about 3/4 of the mixture into the bottom of the crust and refrigerate until firm.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Pour (or scoop) the mixture into the crust and refrigerate overnight.
- Arrange the strawberries on top of the pie. Microwave the remaining chocolate and drizzle over the top. I usually refrigerate again for about an hour before serving. You can also add the strawberries and chocolate before refrigerating overnight - that works great too!
How to Store Strawberries and Cream Pie?
Keep your pie well covered in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. For best results try to eat it within a few days. The older it gets the more juice gets released from the strawberries, which will cause your pie to slowly get soggy. Eating within 3 days is ideal.
Is Strawberries and Cream Pie Gluten Free?
It isn’t, but it easily could be! By swapping out the pie crust and choosing a gluten free variety, you can have a gluten free strawberries and cream pie! Just make sure to keep an eye out for cross contamination and to watch the labels if you’re avoiding gluten because of an allergy.
Other Delicious Pie Recipes to Try Soon!
- Easy Pistachio Cream Pie
- Double Layer No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Hershey Chocolate Pie
- Easy Peach Pie
- Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
- Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- Banana Split Pie
- Lemon Icebox Pie
- Chocolate Caramel Turtle Pie
- Easy Grasshopper Pie
- Cherry Chocolate Cream Cheese Pie
- Chocolate Chip Coconut Pie
- Apple Hand Pies
Strawberries and Cream Pie is one of those desserts that looks really fancy but only takes a few minutes to make and is absolutely delicious too!