Pretty Strawberry Jello Parfaits made easy with just 3 ingredients! Strawberries, jello & whipped cream combine for a simple, elegant dessert. Fun & festive Jello recipe perfect for Valentine’s Day or any occasion!
Strawberries are a very fun and festive fruit to use to celebrate Valentine’s Day and these strawberry jello parfaits are the perfect dessert that doesn’t cost much or require a culinary degree to pull off. Jello desserts have been around for decades and they’re still just as popular as back then because there’s always room for jello.
What are strawberry jello parfaits?
A parfait is a dessert consisting of layers of fresh fruit and other things. These layered jello cups combine layers of strawberry flavored jello and a homemade jello mousse. Set at an angle in the cup, these fancy jello desserts look like something you’d get from a restaurant, but thankfully they come from your own kitchen, so you can always go back and grab another.
-Jello: We need 3 packages of strawberry Jello (the 3 ounce sized boxes). We’ll also need the water the packages request as we will be making them according to package directions.
-Heavy Whipping Cream: We need 2 cups of cold heavy whipping cream (about 1 pint). The colder the better, as it stiffens up more quickly when it’s cold.
-Strawberries: We need 1 cup of fresh chopped strawberries to fold into the jello for a tasty treat.
-Garnishes: this is where you can get extra fancy. You can use additional whipped cream, fresh mint, or more strawberries for garnishes!
Set 8 cups in a muffin tin, diagonally, so that they are resting at an angle. Then set the pan and cups aside for later.
Wash and chop your strawberries into small pieces.
Prepare 2 boxes of the strawberry jello according to the package directions.
Add the chopped strawberries into the jello. Pour the jello into each glass, keeping the cups at an angle, then carefully transfer the muffin tray to the fridge. Let the jello chill for at least an hour to set.
Fold in the jello. Pour the whipped cream jello mixture over the set jello layers and place them back into the fridge to chill and set completely.
If desired, add your garnishes before serving. Enjoy!
Strawberry Jello Parfaits
- 3 pkgs (3 oz. each) Strawberry Jello
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1 cup strawberries
- whipped cream
- fresh mint
- Prepare a muffin tin. Set 8 glasses on the diagonal in the cups. Set aside.
- Chop the strawberries.
- Prepare 2 boxes of the Jell-o according to package directions.
- Add the chopped strawberries to Jell-o. Pour the mixture into each glass. Keeping the glasses in position, slowly lift the tray and transfer to the fridge. Chill for at least 1 hour to set.
- Once the Jello has set, prepare the last box of Jello. Let the Jello cool while you whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks.
- Once the Jello has begun to thicken, Fold the Jello into the whipped cream. Pour the mixture evenly over the Jello layer in each cup.
- Place in the fridge and allow to set completely, about 3 hours.
- If desired, garnish with whipped cream, fresh mint and top with a strawberry half.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Can I make jello parfaits with cool whip?
Yes, instead of making homemade whipped cream, you can use thawed cool whip for a similar (and easier) effect.
Can I make jello parfaits with raspberries?
Absolutely! Raspberries are another popular valentine fruit and you can easily swap out the fresh strawberries and strawberry jello for raspberry jello and fresh raspberries too. The parfaits should have more of a sour/tangy thing going on than with the strawberries, so it should be a great alternative for those wanting something not too sweet.
While I have not tried this exact recipe with sugar free jello, I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work out. Go ahead and try it out and let me know in the comments how good it tastes because I’m curious now too!
Can I make a strawberry jello parfait dairy free?
If you want to make this jello parfait dairy free then I recommend swapping out the heavy whipping cream for a dairy free whipped topping alternative. There are coconut milk whipped toppings in the freezer section of grocery stores that would work wonderfully with this particular recipe. Just thaw it and fold in the jello as you would for the homemade whipped cream and continue the recipe as normal. Double check ingredient labels on the jello just to be sure that they’re dairy free as well.
- Valentines Cream Cheese Butter Mints
- Dark Chocolate Truffles
- Valentines Marshmallow Pops
- Layered Valentines Jello Cups
- Sweetheart Fruit Salad
- Valentines Marshmallow Chocolate Bark
- Valentines Day Chocolate Bouquet
- Cherry Jelly Hearts Candy
- Easy Valentines Donuts
- Strawberry Valentines Chex Mix
- Double Thumbprint Heart Cookies
- Valentines Chocolate Lattice Sugar Cookies
- Red Velvet Valentines Cookies
- Chocolate Sweetheart Truffles
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pies with Cherry Filling
You’re going to love these simple and easy Jell-o Parfait Cups! With just 3 ingredients and a little planning, these can be the perfect Valentine’s Day Desserts. They look impressive and taste amazing.