Strawberry Cool Whip Ice Cream Sandwiches made easy with just 5 ingredients! Chilled, refreshing graham cracker sandwiches with bright strawberry flavor everyone loves!
Whether you prefer a classic vanilla ice cream sandwich or something more adventurous, like this strawberries and cream-inspired sandwich, there are endless possibilities when it comes to creating your own version of this cool whip ice cream sandwich. This no-bake dessert is easy to make and can be customized to suit your tastes!
Easy Homemade Cool Whip Ice Cream Sandwiches
The process for making these treats is straightforward and can be done in just a few minutes, making it a great option for busy families or anyone looking for a quick and easy dessert. Whether you are hosting a summer barbecue or simply looking for a way to cool off on a hot day, these ice cream sandwiches are sure to be a hit with everyone who tries them.
I think I might be a little obsessed with these Cool Whip Ice Cream Sandwiches. Not only were they so incredibly easy to make, they are insanely good. Give them a try today and see for yourself how amazing they are!
Why You’ll Love These Ice Cream Sandwiches
- They are easy to make: With only a few ingredients, these ice cream sandwiches can be made in no time. Simply mix Cool Whip and strawberry bits, spread it on graham crackers, and freeze.
- They are refreshing: On a hot summer day, there’s nothing better than a cool, refreshing treat. The combination of creamy Cool Whip and strawberry is the perfect way to cool down.
- They are customizable: You can easily switch up the flavors by using different types of fruit or change up the yogurt flavor. Plus, you can make them as big or as small as you want.
Ingredients for Strawberry Cool Whip Sandwiches
Graham crackers: You will need a total of 18 graham cracker halves, 9 total whole crackers. These will act as the base and top of the sandwiches.
Whipped topping: Use 1 cup of (defrosted) frozen whipped topping to give these sandwiches an amazing light texture and taste.
Yogurt: Add in ½ cup of yogurt, any flavor you feel pairs well with strawberries. The yogurt will help make the sandwich filling a bit more thick and add more amazing flavor.
Strawberries: You need ½ cup of freeze dried strawberries for this delightful dessert recipe.
Almond bark: If desired, you can dip the cool whip sandwiches in some melted chocolate using 24-oz of vanilla almond bark.
Strawberries: Using another ½ cup of freeze dried strawberries (crushed), makes an incredible addition to these treats.
How to make Homemade Cool Whip Sandwiches
In a large bowl, combine the thawed whipped topping, yogurt, and dried strawberries. Fold the mixture with a silicone spoon, do not stir or the texture will be altered.
Next, line an 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Then, break the graham crackers in half and place 9 pieces in the pan.
Proceed to pour the yogurt mixture on top of the crackers and spread around evenly using the silicon spoon. Try to get the mixture as even as possible so the sandwiches are all uniform in size.
After that, place the remaining 9-halves of the graham crackers on top of the cool whip filling to cover the entire surface. Put the pan in the freezer and freeze for 4 hours.
Chocolate Topping (optional)
You can stop here and enjoy these yummy sandwiches as is or you can go a step farther by adding some yummy toppings.
Crush up more of the freeze-dried strawberries and set aside.
Then, in a microwave safe bowl, melt the almond bark by heating for 1 minute in the microwave. Let it sit for 1 minute, then gently stir. Add time in 30 second increments, letting the chocolate sit for 1 minute after each segment, until it is fully melted and smooth.
Take the ice cream sandwiches and dip half of the sandwich in the melted white almond bark. Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle the crushed up freeze-dried strawberries on top of the almond bark and pop back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!!
Strawberry Cool Whip Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 9 Graham crackers 18 halves
- 1 cup whipped topping defrosted
- ½ cup yogurt any flavor you like. we used strawberry flavor.
- ½ cup freeze dried strawberries
Candy Coating (optional):
- 24 oz vanilla almond bark
- ½ cup freeze dried strawberries crushed
- Sandwich filling: In a large bowl combine the whipped topping, yogurt and dried strawberries. Fold the mixture with a silicone spoon, don’t stir.
- Prep: Next, line an 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Then, break the graham crackers in half and place 9 pieces in the pan.
- Assemble: Pour the yogurt mixture on top of the crackers and spread around evenly using the silicon spoon. Get the mixture as even as possible so the sandwiches are all uniform in size.
- After that, place the remaining 9-halves of the graham crackers on top of the cool whip filling to cover the entire surface. Freeze for 4 hours.
- Chocolate Topping (optional): You can stop here and enjoy these yummy sandwiches as is or you can go a step farther by adding some yummy toppings.
- Crush up the freeze dried strawberries and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the almond bark by heating for 1 minute in the microwave. Let sit 1 minute, then gently stir. Add time in 30 second increments, letting candy sit for 1 minute after each segment.
- Take the ice cream sandwiches and dip only half of the sandwich in the melted white almond bark. Place onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and sprinkle the crushed up freeze dried strawberries on top of the almond bark and pop back in the freezer for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Are these cool whip ice cream treats gluten free?
They definitely can be! The Cool Whip and yogurt are naturally gluten free, which means all you have to do is buy GF graham crackers and these frozen treats are fully GF.
How to Store Ice Cream Bars
- Temperature: Ice cream bars should be stored in a freezer that maintains a temperature of 0°F or below. Anything above this temperature can cause the ice cream to melt and refreeze, resulting in ice crystals forming on the surface and a loss of flavor and texture.
- Packaging: Keep your ice cream bars in an airtight container or wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. This will help prevent freezer burn and keep them from absorbing any odors or flavors from other foods in the freezer.
- Organization: Store your ice cream bars in a designated area of the freezer, ideally in the back where the temperature is the coldest. This will help keep them at a consistent temperature and reduce the risk of melting.
- Freezing time: It’s best to freeze your ice cream bars for at least 2-3 hours before serving. This will allow them to fully harden and prevent them from melting too quickly.
Tips and Variations for Cool Whip Sandwiches
For those who want to add a little extra something to their Strawberry Cool Whip Ice Cream Sandwiches, there are plenty of tips and variations to try out.
- One option is to use different types of cookies for the sandwich part. Chocolate chip cookies or oatmeal cookies, can add a unique twist to the classic treat.
- Another fun variation is to mix in different types of fruit with the strawberries. Dried blueberries, raspberries, or even cranberries can add a burst of flavor and texture.
- To make the sandwiches a bit more indulgent, drizzle melted chocolate over the top and with chopped nuts or colorful sprinkles. This adds an extra layer of texture and sweetness.
For more delicious ice cream treats, try more recipes here:
- CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM CAKE
- ICE CREAM SANDWICH CAKE
- STRAWBERRY BANANA ICE CREAM FLOAT
- HOLIDAY PEPPERMINT ICE CREAM CAKE ROLL
- PEACH ICE CREAM
- CHOCOLATE BANANA ICE CREAM
- STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM PIE
- CHOCOLATE CHERRY ICE CREAM
- RICE KRISPIE ICE CREAM CONES
- LAYERED PUMPKIN ICE CREAM DESSERT
- RASPBERRY ICE CREAM PIE
- QUICK STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM
- EASY OREO ICE CREAM CAKE
- CHERRY CHEESECAKE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
Strawberry Cool Whip Ice Cream Sandwiches are a wonderful treat during the summer months that is great for satisfying your sweet tooth. Make this strawberry cool whip dessert, with only 4 simple ingredients!