Rice Krispie Coconut Snowballs are delightful take on traditional krispie treats that combines the sweet and crunchy flavors of Rice Krispie cereal with the tropical taste of coconut! These bite-sized treats are perfect for any occasion, whether it be a holiday gathering or a simple snack for the family.
To make this delicious snowballs recipe, all you need are a few simple ingredients such as Rice Krispie cereal, marshmallows, shredded coconut, and butter. The process is easy and can be done in just a few minutes. Once the ingredients are mixed together, they are formed into small balls and rolled in shredded coconut to give them a snowy appearance.
Fun & Festive Coconut Snow Flake Krispie Treats
Coconut Snow Flake Krispie Treats are a tasty dessert that everyone is sure to love. These coconut krispie treats are a great addition to any holiday party or gathering. They are easy to make and will be a devoured fast! Coconut Snowballs are not only delicious but also visually appealing, they will look amazing on any dessert table. They are also a great option for those who are looking for a gluten-free treat. Yum!
Why You’ll Love This Easy Coconut Rice Krispie Recipe
- No-Bake: These snowballs don’t require any baking, which means you won’t have to heat up your oven or worry about burning anything. Simply melt and mix the ingredients together, form it into balls, and let them set.
- Coconut Flavor: The addition of coconut gives these snowballs a delicious tropical flavor that is sure to please. The coconut also adds a nice texture to the recipe, making it even more enjoyable to eat.
- Kid-Friendly: Kids of all ages will love these Rice Krispie Coconut Snowballs. They are the perfect size for little hands and are a fun and tasty treat that the whole family can enjoy.
Ingredients for Coconut Krispie Snowballs
Butter: For a nice shine and rich flavor, melt a ¼ cup of butter with the marshmallows.
Marshmallows: Adding 4 cups of mini marshmallows will create a sticky and sweet treat.
Coconut extract: 1 tsp of coconut extract (optional) gives this bite sized treat an even more incredible flavor.
Rice krispie cereal: The base of this dessert recipe is 5 cups of rice krispie cereal.
Coconut: You will need 1 cup of flaked coconut to roll the rice krispie balls in for a festive appearance and greater taste.
How to make Krispie Coconut Snowballs
Start by melting the butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
Then add the marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows are completely melted.
After that, remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the coconut extract and rice krispie cereal. Continue to stir until the cereal is well coated.
Next, rub a little butter on your hands and then shape the mixture into 1-inch balls.
Immediately roll the balls in the coconut flakes, pressing the pieces in with your hands to coat.
The Snowballs can be enjoyed immediately or stored at room temperature until ready to serve.
Variations and Substitutions for Coconut Krispie Balls
Dietary Adjustments: For those who follow a gluten-free diet, simply make sure to use gluten-free Rice Krispies. Additionally, for those who follow a vegan diet, substitute the butter with coconut oil and use vegan marshmallows. This will ensure that the recipe is suitable for those with dietary restrictions without compromising on taste.
Flavor Twists: To add some extra flavor to the Rice Krispie Coconut Snowballs, consider adding in some chopped nuts such as almonds or pecans. Alternatively, adding in some dried fruit such as cranberries or apricots can add a sweet and tangy twist. For those who enjoy a bit of spice, adding in some cinnamon or nutmeg can give the snowballs a warm and cozy flavor.
Healthy Substitutions: For those who are looking to make a healthier version of the Rice Krispie Coconut Snowballs, consider adding a tablespoon of natural peanut butter for some protein and healthy fats. Also, consider using unsweetened coconut flakes instead of sweetened flakes to reduce the overall sugar content of the recipe.
Rice Krispie Coconut Snowballs
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp coconut extract optional
- 5 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Cook: Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly, until marshmallows are melted.
- Combine: Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the coconut extract and rice krispie cereal. Continue to stir until the cereal is well coated.
- Assemble: Rub some butter on your hands and then shape the mixture into 1-inch balls. Immediately roll the balls in the coconut flakes, pressing the pieces in with your hands to coat. They can be enjoyed immediately or stored at room temperature until ready to serve.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long are Krispie Snowballs good for?
Rice Krispie Coconut Snowballs can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. For longer storage, they can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Freezing is not recommended as it can affect the texture of the treats.
How do you prevent Rice Krispie treats from becoming too hard?
To prevent Rice Krispie treats from becoming too hard, it is important to measure the ingredients accurately and to cook the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly. Overcooking can result in hard and dry treats.
What is the best way to incorporate powdered sugar into Rice Krispie date balls?
To incorporate powdered sugar into Rice Krispie Coconut Snowballs, it is recommended to sift the powdered sugar first to remove any lumps. Then, mix it in with the melted marshmallows and coconut oil before adding in the Rice Krispie cereal. This will ensure that the powdered sugar is evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
Can I prepare these treats in advance and store?
These coconut krispie treats are a great make-ahead dessert! They will stay fresh in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days, meaning that you can easily make them a day or two before your party.
What happens if I put too much butter in Krispie Snowflake balls?
Because these cereal balls are meant to be chewy and crispy, you want to avoid adding a lot of moisture. Adding too much butter will result in a rice krispie that is soggy and might even fall apart.
Love Rice Krispie Treats? So do we! Try more recipes here:
- CHURRO KRISPIE TREATS
- LOADED KRISPIE TREATS
- PUMPKIN PIE KRISPIE TREATS
- RED WHITE AND BLUE STAR KRISPIE TREATS
- OREO KRISPIE TREATS
- HALLOWEEN RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- SALTED CARAMEL RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- FRANKENSTEIN RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- EASTER RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- EASTER PEEPS KRISPIE TREATS
- REESE’S RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- LEMON RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- BEST RICE KRISPIE TREATS RECIPES
- MINI EGG RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- REESE’S KRISPIE NO BAKE COOKIES
- BUTTERSCOTCH KRISPIE TREATS
Rice Krispie Coconut Snowballs are a perfect combination of sweet and crunchy flavors! Enjoy these bite-sized for any occasion, big or small, these treats are sure to be devoured quickly!