Easter Rice Krispie Treats are made with the delicious classic marshmallow treat ingredients and are so simple to make. This fun rice krispie Easter basket recipe is a festive twist on this popular dessert, it makes for a cute and tasty treat!
Making these rice krispie treats has never been easier, with only a few ingredients and no baking time, you will have delicious snacks in no time! We created this rice krispie treat Easter recipe because we love this dessert and any reason to have it is enough for us!
Easter Basket Rice Krispie Treats
We absolutely love rice krispie treats in our house because they are a quick and easy dessert that everyone loves. I had this idea to make a really basic Easter variety and they turned out so cute! My kids went crazy oven them and the chocolate eggs combined with the marshmallow treats tastes so good! It is always fun to take a classic treat like rice krispies and spin it into a festive holiday treat. This recipe is so versatile, you can change up the food coloring and candy option and pretty much make this into any holiday dessert.
Rice Krispie Easter Treat ingredients
-Mini marshmallows: You will need 7 cups of mini marshmallows, divided, to make these extra fluffy and sweet treats.
-Butter: Using 4 TBSP butter will help give these wonderful treats a nice chewy texture and rich taste.
-Rice Krispies: For the base of this recipe you will need 6 cups rice Krispie cereal. You can use a generic brand if you want, you really can’t go wrong with this recipe.
-Food coloring: For this fun basket treat we are using green food coloring, the color works perfectly to house our little eggs.
-Easter candies: Pick your favorite Easter egg candy, keep it a small option so they fit well in our little basket treat. You can use chocolate eggs or even large jelly beans would be great too.
How to make Marshmallow Easter Desserts
Make them green
Creating the shape
Easter Rice Krispie Treats
- 7 cups mini marshmallows divided
- 4 TBSP butter
- 6 cups rice Krispie cereal
- green food coloring
- Easter candies
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in 6 cups of the mini marshmallows.
- Then, cut the butter into tablespoon size squares and add them to the marshmallow bowl.
- Next, microwave the butter and marshmallows for 1 minute and25 seconds.
- Once that mixture is melted, remove from the microwave and pour in the rice krispie cereal and stir well until fully combined.
- After that, stir in the remaining 1 cup of mini marshmallows.
Make them green
- Now it is time to make your mixture green. You can use the tiny squeeze bottles orgel food coloring, just start slow and add more green to get the coloring that you prefer. Light or dark green, you can't go wrong either way. You can also use natural food coloring, but know that you will have to use a significantly larger amount
Creating the shape
- Using a mini muffin tin, transfer 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture and press in the center to create a cavity.
- The candies will stick better if you create a good cavity, so make sure you push down a good amount! Let the treats cool to set for 1hour.
- Then, use a thin knife to gently pop each marshmallow basket out of the muffin tin cups.
- Place 2-4 Easter candies in each basket. Candies will stick better once they have a chance to set.
- Serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How do I keep my Rice Krispie Treats from sticking?
I always spray my rubber spatula with a good coating of cooking spray before mixing my Krispie Treats and it is so much easier! You can also spray the mixing bowl you use and of course, spray the 9×13 glass pan with cooking spray too. No more mess!
How do you keep Rice Crispy Treats soft?
- Make sure to not use stale marshmallows. Rice Krispie Treats are not the treat to use up those old, hard marshmallows. Recently purchased marshmallows work and taste the best.
- Watch that you don’t overcook the mixture. You want to heat the marshmallows until they are soft and beginning to lose shape. I find it is easiest to not overcook marshmallows if I heat them in the microwave. Mine take just over 1 minute to be ready- that’s it!
- Always remember the butter. The marshmallow-butter combination helps keep the treats soft and chewy, so don’t leave it out or reduce the measurement.
- Don’t chill in the refrigerator. Even if you want them to set quickly, I find this just dries the marshmallow treats out more quickly.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter top.
If you loved this rice krispie treat recipe, try out some of our other favorites!
Easter Rice Krispie Treats are made with the delicious classic marshmallow treat ingredients and are so simple to make. This fun rice krispie Easter basket recipe is a great twist on this classic treat to make for the Easter holiday.