Pumpkin Pie Krispie Treats are a festive addition to your Thanksgiving feast! These rice krispie pumpkin treats are a deliciously spiced with pumpkin flavor we all love!
This adorable treat is so fun to make and serve to family and friends, everyone will want a slice of this rice krispie treats pumpkin pie! These pumpkin spice rice krispie treats are so easy to make, using butter, cereal and marshmallows; this fall themed dessert comes together so simply.
Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
My family and I are huge fans of rice krispie treats, they are a quick and easy dessert that everyone can help make. I had this idea to make this classic treat with my favorite Fall flavor, pumpkin spice! Taking it a step further we created a pumpkin spice flavored rice krispie treat PIE! It is always fun to take a classic treat like rice krispies and spin it into a festive holiday treat. This recipe is a fun one to bring to holiday gatherings, everyone will love the presentation and the taste of this incredibly cute treat.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE FALL RICE KRISPIE TREATS
In case you needed more convincing, here are our top reasons why we think you will enjoy this dessert.
- So easy to make. Unlike a typical pie, this recipe is so simple to assemble. You will be enjoying a tasty twist on a classic treat in no time.
- Favorite Fall flavor! The weather is changing, the air is crisp and turning cool, which means it is almost my favorite time of year….PUMPKIN time! This treat is made with pumpkin spice flavoring and I am so excited to share it with you.
- Basic ingredients. This amazing and delicious recipe calls for very simple ingredients. It will not break the bank for a quick try to the store and you may even have leftover ingredients to make a second batch!
Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispie Treat Ingredients
Marshmallows: You will need 5 Cups of mini marshmallows to create a perfect texture for the pie crust.
Rice krispie cereal: For the wonderful crunch we will need 4 cups of rice krispie cereal.
Butter: Add in 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter to make this treat shine and taste rich too.
Nonstick Cooking Spray: You need some non-stick cooking spray nearby to help with a step in this recipe.
Marshmallows: For more ooey-gooey goodness in this treat, you need 5 cups of mini marshmallows.
Rice krispie cereal: Adding in 4 cups of rice cereal will give you plenty of pie filling to create this festive and fun treat.
Butter: Using 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter will help give this dessert amazing flavor and texture.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: The best part of this treat is the 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice to give this a lovely and warm spiced taste.
Orange Gel Food Dye: To turn the pumpkin pie filling the desired color, add in ½ teaspoon of orange gel food dye.
Whipped Cream (optional): If desired, you can add a dollop of whipped cream to each slice of pie when served.
How to make Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispie Treats
Start by spraying the pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add the marshmallows and butter for the crust layer. Then, place it in the microwave for 1.5 minutes or until the marshmallows swell to large in size. Remove from the microwave and stir well until the butter has fully dissolved.
Next, add the rice cereal for the crust layer and fold together with the butter and marshmallow mixture until the cereal is fully coated.
Proceed to pour the mixture into the prepared pie pan, spreading out the mixture and lightly pressing it up the sides of the pan. Using a flat bottomed measuring cup or glass sprayed with a bit of nonstick cooking spray, flatten the cereal to the bottom and up the sides until it’s nice and even.
For the pumpkin layer of this treat, add the marshmallows and butter to a large mixing bowl. Place it in the microwave and heat for 1.5 minutes or until the marshmallows have puffed up. Stir until the butter has all melted.
Then, add in the pumpkin spice and orange dye, mixing until no color streaks appear. Add in the cereal to the mixture and stir, gently folding the ingredients together until the cereal is fully coated.
Proceed to pour this mixture on the top of the crust and use the measuring cup or glass to flatten it nice and tight onto the crust. Be sure to make it a little lower than the top of the crust.
After that, cover the dish and let sit for about 4 hours or until set.
Slice into equal slices, dollop each slice with whipped cream, serve, and enjoy!
Tips for creating Pumpkin Pie krispie treats!
Here are a few tips and tricks to ensure your Pumpkin Pie treat is amazing every time:
- My pie dish is a deeper dish, although I don’t remember if that is how it was sold. So, as long as you have a deeper pie pan, it should work just fine.
- Pie dishes can vary, so if you have extra ingredients of each layer, just use the leftovers in muffin tins to make mini pumpkin pie treats.
- If you get to mixing the pumpkin layer and the orange doesn’t seem dark enough, you can add some more dye, but it would be best to do it before you add the cereal.
- It is best to get each layer packed tight. This makes it easier to slice once it is set.
- I worked on the layers for a minute or two in order to shape them until I was happy with them. Remember, you want it to look just like a pumpkin pie.
- I suggest spraying your slicing knife with nonstick cooking spray, it makes it easier to slice them.
- When first spreading out the crust layer, I sprayed my hands with nonstick cooking spray so it didn’t get stuck everywhere.
Pumpkin Pie Krispie Treats
- 5 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 4 Cups Rice Cereal
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 5 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 4 Cups Rice Cereal
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ Teaspoon Orange Gel Food Dye
- Whipped Cream optional
- Prep: Start by spraying the pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pie crust: In a large mixing bowl, add the marshmallows and butter for the crust layer. Then, place it in the microwave for 1.5 minutes or until the marshmallows puff up.
- Remove from the microwave and stir well until the butter has fully melted. Add the rice krispie cereal and stir to gently fold together until the cereal is fully coated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie pan, spreading it out and lightly pressing it up the sides of the pan. Flatten the cereal to the bottom and up the sides until it’s nice and even. (You can use a spoon or the bottom of a glass for this- just spray with non-stick spray first!)
- Pumpkin layer: For the pumpkin layer of this treat, add the marshmallows and butter to a large mixing bowl. Microwave it for 1:30 or until the marshmallows have puffed up. Stir until the butter has all melted.
- Then, add in the pumpkin spice and orange dye, mixing until no color streaks appear.
- Add in the cereal and stir gently until the cereal is fully coated.
- Transfer the mixture onto the top of the crust and flatten it nice and tight onto the crust. Be sure to make it a little lower than the top of the crust.
- After that, cover the dish and let sit for about 2 hours or until set. Slice into equal slices, dollop each slice with whipped cream, serve, and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long are pumpkin pie rice krispie treats good for?
This tasty little treat can last about a week or so in an airtight container a room temperature. That said I doubt they will even last that long, they are that good.
CAN RICE KRISPIE TREATS BE FROZEN?
Yes, they could. I recommend slicing them into serving squares and wrapping individually with plastic wrap before storing in an airtight container. Then you have Halloween treats ready for whenever you get a craving for something sweet. Simply remove from the freezer and let thaw for about 15-20 minutes at room temperature before eating.
Looking for more Fall treats? Check out these delicious recipes!
- Easy Pumpkin Pretzels
- Fall Fruit Breakfast Crumble
- Puff Pastry Apple Turnovers
- Double Apple Walnut Bread
- Butterscotch Poke Cake
- Frosted Applesauce Cake
- Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Apple Dump Cake
- Hershey’s Pudding Autumn Bloom Toppers
- Caramel Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Pumpkin Poke Cake
- How to Roast a Perfect Turkey
- Homemade Thanksgiving Stuffing
- Whipped Cranberry Orange Butter
- Glazed Pumpkin Scones
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes and Cranberries
- Festive Cranberry Jello
Pumpkin Pie Krispie Treats are a festive and delicious way to celebrate the beginning of the Fall season! These rice krispie pumpkin treats are an amazing classic taste with the tasty pumpkin spice flavor we all love.