Whipped Cranberry Orange Butter is a fast, 5-ingredient, insanely delicious recipe for festive holiday butter. Lovely citrus and cranberry flavors meld with a dash of cinnamon & maple syrup for a sweet buttery treat.
This festive butter recipe is easy to make and brings a little “something extra” to your holiday tables. Serve it on a tasty dinner roll, add it to the breakfast toast, English muffins, and more. This is one butter recipe you’re going to want to try soon and one you’ll want to try on everything.
Cranberry and orange are a winning flavor combination that is incredibly popular around the winter holidays. The in season cranberries and oranges pair wonderfully together to create a sweet and tart burst of flavor, great for brightening up any dark winter’s day. This sweet flavored butter is sure to be a big hit at the table this year!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s super simple and easy! Just use some softened butter and mix in a little of this and that. Within minutes you’ve got a gorgeous spread that’s ready for any bread.
- It’s different and unique. Flavored butter are nothing new, but they’re usually done with more savory or spiced flavors like rosemary or cinnamon. This butter will undoubtedly be a wonderful conversation starter amongst dinner guests.
- It lasts a long time! Prep it in advance of a party or enjoy it for a few weeks, enjoying a little here and there. This should give you plenty of time to try it with different foods to see what you like best.
Cranberry Butter Spread Ingredients
Butter– You will need 1 cup of softened salted butter so it is easier to mix and use.
Cranberries– Use 1/3 cup of finely chopped dried cranberries.
Maple syrup– Adding in 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup will give us some natural sweetness.
Orange zest– Use 1 tablespoon of fresh orange zest for a burst of citrus flavor and a little more color.
Cinnamon– You just need a small dash of cinnamon to give this butter a warm touch of spice.
How to Make Whipped Cranberry Orange Butter
Chop the cranberries into small pieces and set aside.
Whip the softened butter for 3 minutes using an electric or stand mixer. The butter should look soft and well whipped.
Add in the cranberries, maple syrup, orange zest and cinnamon.
Mix on high for 2 minutes, until well combined.
Transfer to whatever container you’re going to use to store the Cranberry Orange butter – I like to use jars. Refrigerate leftovers.
How to Eat Whipped Cranberry Orange Butter
You can enjoy Orange Butter in many ways! You use it to make an ordinary piece of toast for breakfast, your most festive meal of the day. We love it with homemade biscuits, homemade bread, and even fancier breads like croissants or scones.
Whipped Cranberry Orange Butter
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- 2 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 1 TBSP orange zest
- Dash of cinnamon
- Whip butter for 3 minutes using an electric or stand mixer.
- Add in cranberries, maple syrup, orange zest and cinnamon.
- Mix on high for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to jars. Refrigerate leftovers. Enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How to store Whipped Cranberry Orange Butter
You can store Cranberry Orange Butter in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 6 weeks. You can pull it out to soften a bit and leave it on the counter for up to 2-3 hours. Just return it to the fridge when you’re done!
Can you freeze Whipped Cranberry Orange Butter?
Yes, you can freeze Whipped Cranberry Orange Butter! Just store it in an airtight container for up to 3-4 months. Butter stored in a deep freeze will stay fresh a bit longer as the temperature is more consistent. If you store your honey butter in a jar, make sure there’s at least 1/2″ headspace at the top for any expansion.
Try our other sweet butter recipes:
Need some biscuit and dinner roll recipes to try this butter on? Here you go!
- Best Easy Biscuit Recipe
- Easy 30-Minute Dinner Rolls
- Cheesy Cornbread Muffins
- Best Blueberry Muffins
- Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Homemade English Muffins
Looking for other Cranberry Orange Christmas dessert recipes?
- CRANBERRY ORANGE COBBLER
- FRESH CRANBERRY ORANGE BREAD
- CRANBERRY ORANGE SCONES
- CRANBERRY SALSA DIP
- ORANGE CREAM FRUIT SALAD
Whipped Cranberry Orange Butter is a fast, 5-ingredient, insanely delicious recipe for festive holiday butter. Lovely citrus, cranberry flavors meld with a dash of cinnamon & maple syrup for a sweet buttery treat.