Hot Fudge Sundae Pudding Pops are made with vanilla pudding, hot fudge, sprinkles and peanuts. Layer the ingredients in a popsicle mold for a delicious frozen treat!
Summer is in full swing around here and it is hot! Nothing beats the heat like a frozen popsicle, and these ones taste just like a hot fudge sundae. Use vanilla pudding in place of ice cream and add some sprinkles, hot fudge and chopped peanuts. Voila! A hot fudge sundae that is portable, pretty low in calories and absolutely delicious.
Why you’ll love Hot Fudge Sundae Pudding Pops
- Easy to make! You only need about 5 minutes of prep time and just a few ingredients to make this yummy dessert.
- Low-calorie. This treat tastes like a hot fudge sundae, but with a lot less calories. Using regular pudding mix, the popsicles have about 130 calories each (depending on the size of your popsicle mold). If you use skim milk and sugar free pudding, the calorie count is under 100 calories per popsicle. Sometimes I even add in a little bit of vanilla protein powder to make them a little more balanced.
- Versatile. You can use chocolate pudding or banana pudding. You can leave out the sprinkles or the nuts. You can add caramel, butterscotch or marshmallow topping. Throw in some chopped bananas or cherries. Whatever you like on a hot fudge sundae can be put in this popsicle!
INGREDIENTS IN HOT FUDGE SUNDAE PUDDING POPS
For this recipe, you’ll need 3 cups of milk. You can use any type of milk you prefer, such as whole milk, 2% milk, or skim milk. Keep in mind that the higher the fat content of the milk, the creamier the final product will be.
Instant Vanilla Pudding
You will need one (5.1 oz) box of instant vanilla pudding, the larger box. This type of pudding is easy to find in the baking aisle of your grocery store. It’s important to use the instant variety of pudding, as it will thicken quickly and set properly in the freezer.
You will need 3 tablespoons of hot fudge that has been melted to room temperature. You can find hot fudge in the ice cream toppings section of your grocery store. Be sure to heat it up and let it cool to room temperature before using it in this recipe.
Use 2-3 tablespoons of rainbow sprinkles to add some color and fun to your pudding pops. You can find rainbow sprinkles in the baking aisle of your grocery store.
This is totally optional, but if you love nuts and want to add a little crunch, you will need 1/4-1/2 cup of crushed peanuts to sprinkle on top of your pudding pops. You can buy them pre-crushed or crush them yourself using a food processor or a rolling pin. You can also swap them out with any other type of nut you like!
How to make Hot Fudge Sundae Pudding Pops
Pudding Mixture Preparation
To make the pudding mixture for the hot fudge sundae pudding pops, start by whisking together 3 cups of milk and 1 (5.1 oz) box of instant vanilla pudding mix in a medium bowl until the mixture is thickened.
Next, add in 1 tablespoon of rainbow sprinkles (or more to your liking) and whisk them into the pudding mixture.
Once the pudding mixture is ready, transfer it into a Zip-lock bag and cut off one end. Slowly pipe the pudding into popsicle molds until they are about half full.
Hot Fudge Drizzling
After piping the pudding, drizzle in 3 tablespoons of hot fudge that has been warmed to room temperature.
Fill the rest of the popsicle molds with the remaining pudding mixture. Sprinkle some more rainbow sprinkles on top and add ¼-½ cup of crushed peanuts.
Finally, insert the popsicle sticks and freeze the hot fudge sundae pudding pops for 4-6 hours. Once frozen, remove the molds from the freezer and run them under warm water for a few seconds to loosen the popsicles from the molds.
HOT FUDGE SUNDAE PUDDING POPS
- 3 cups milk
- 1 5.1 oz box instant vanilla pudding
- 3 tbsp hot fudge warmed to room temperature for a pourable consistency
- 2-3 tbsp rainbow sprinkles
- ¼-½ cup crushed peanuts
- In a medium bowl whisk together the milk and the pudding mix until thickened.
- Add in 1 tbsp sprinkles (or more to your liking) and whisk them into the pudding.
- Add the pudding mixture into Zip-lock bags and cut off an end.
- Slowly pipe the pudding into popsicle molds until about half full.
- Then drizzle in a little hot fudge and fill the rest of the way with the pudding.
- Sprinkle with some more sprinkles and add the crushed peanuts to the top.
- Then insert the popsicle sticks and freeze for 4-6 hours.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How to store Hot Fudge Sundae Pudding Pops
You can serve the hot fudge sundae pudding pops immediately or store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to two weeks.
How to serve Hot Fudge Sundae Pudding Pops
For an extra special touch, serve the Hot Fudge Sundae Pudding Pops with a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of hot fudge sauce. You could also sprinkle some additional rainbow sprinkles or crushed peanuts on top for added texture and flavor.
These popsicles are easy to make and can be customized to suit your tastes. Try adding different flavors of pudding or swapping out the toppings for something different.
How to get popsicles out of the mold
To get popsicles out of the mold, run the mold under warm water for a few seconds to loosen the popsicle. Then, gently pull the popsicle out of the mold by the stick.
More delicious frozen treat recipes to try:
- Peach Ice Cream
- Easy Orange Sherbet
- Homemade Fresh Fruit Shaved Ice
- Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Banana Split Milkshakes
- Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
- Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- Easy Kool-Aid Sherbet
- Lemon Icebox Pie
- Pina Colada Pie
- Chunky Monkey Ice Cream
- Cheesecake Ice Cream Pie
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Hot Fudge Sundae Pudding Pops are a fun and delicious way to enjoy the classic flavors of a hot fudge sundae in a frozen treat. Easy popsicle recipe made with vanilla pudding, hot fudge, sprinkles and peanuts.