Frozen Hot Chocolate is a delicious and simple recipe that brings the great flavors of this classic drink all year long. This cold hot chocolate is so easy to make, just add ingredients to a blender and mix!
This frozen hot chocolate recipe can be made in minutes and only calls for 4 simple ingredients, so perfect for an amazing cold treat. Read below for steps on how to make frozen hot chocolate and also some fun variations to try too!
What Is Frozen Hot Chocolate?
A frozen hot chocolate is a fun oxymoron name given to this cold chocolate milk drink blended with ice. It is a great way to enjoy “hot chocolate” in the summer. It is often made using hot cocoa packets to create that hot chocolate flavor you would expect but delivered in an icy cold glass. To make this frozen hot cocoa recipe, you are going to need a blender to grind up the ice. Also, you can use the requested evaporated milk or use any unflavored milk that you may have on hand. I like using canned evaporated milk because it helps work us through our food storage to keep things from expiring and going to waste. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does!
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL ENJOY THIS FROZEN DRINK
In case you need more reasons to try this cold hot chocolate, here are some to convince you!
- A perfect the hot season. Frozen drinks are perfect for warm weather, but sometimes you miss the hot chocolate flavor during those months. This cold drink is a great compromise, you get all the amazing flavor of hot chocolate but with the cool sensation!
- It is easy to make. This cold hot chocolate comes together fast and with very little prep work thanks to your blender. Just mix everything together until blended and serve.
- Frozen. Chocolate. What’s not to love about this easy frozen drink recipe?!
Frozen Hot Chocolate Ingredients
Chocolate syrup: You will need ½ cup of chocolate syrup to give this drink the amazing flavor we are after.
Evaporated milk: Add in 1 cup of evaporated milk to help make this drink thick and creamy.
Vanilla extract: Using ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract will give this drink an amazing taste.
Ice: To create the perfect drink texture, add in 3 cups of ice cubes.
How to Make Frozen Hot Chocolate
Start by pulling out your blender, plug it in and remove the lid.
Next, add the chocolate syrup, evaporated milk (or whatever milk you have on hand), vanilla extract and the ice cubes. Put the lid back on securely.
Proceed to blend all of the ingredients on medium speed until completely smooth.
After that, portion the mixture out by pouring it into glass cups for everybody (if you plan on sharing).
If desired, feel free to add toppings like Cool Whip or chocolate shavings.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Some fun variations for making this recipe
Here are a couple easy alterations to this recipe to change up the taste:
- You can make this into a Mexican Hot Chocolate by adding in ¼ tsp of ground cinnamon. Yum!
- To make this a peppermint hot chocolate, omit the vanilla extract and use ¼ tsp of mint extract in its place.
Frozen Hot Chocolate
- ½ cup Chocolate Syrup
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Ice Cubes
- Start by pulling out your blender, plug it in and remove the lid. Next, add the chocolate syrup, evaporated milk (or whatever milk you have on hand), vanilla extract and the ice cubes. Put the lid back on securely. Proceed to blend all of the ingredients on medium speed until completely smooth.
- After that, portion the mixture out by pouring it into glass cups for everybody (if you plan on sharing). If desired, feel free to add toppings like Cool Whip or chocolate shavings. Serve immediately and enjoy
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
HOW LONG DO FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATES LAST?
It lasts about as long as it stay frozen and cold, so as it thaws and warms it becomes much less enjoyable. It is recommended to only make this drink if you are only going to drink it immediately.
Is frozen hot chocolate just a milkshake?
Yes and no. While the ingredients are pretty close to a classic milkshake recipe, a frozen hot chocolate drink is more unique. If you had to describe the texture, it is more reminiscent of a slushy than a milkshake.
Is frozen hot chocolate gluten free?
There is nothing inside of this frozen hot chocolate recipe that should have gluten as an ingredient so it should be deemed gluten free. That being said, double check the labels of the ingredients that you are using so that you can watch out for gluten cross contamination.
Does frozen hot chocolate have milk?
Yes this recipe does have milk in it, but you can choose to use a non-dairy milk if you are avoiding dairy milk. Almond milk should taste great in this recipe as well.
Check out these other drink recipes to quench your thirst:
- Fall Drink- Grape Wassail Drink
- Eggless Eggnog
- Homemade Orange Julius
- Strawberry Lemonade Punch
- Cherry Party Punch
- Frozen Orange Juice Shortcut
- Carmel Apple Smoothie
- Homemade Peach Slurpee
- Berry and Cream Sparklers
- LAYERED SHIRLEY TEMPLES
- DIRTY CHERRY DR PEPPER FLOAT
- HOT VANILLA MILK
- BANANA MILKSHAKES
- SPICED CARAMEL APPLE CIDER
- STRAWBERRY BANANA ICE CREAM FLOAT
- CHRISTMAS CREAM SODA
- HALLOWEEN CREAM SODAS
- CHERRY ITALIAN CREAM SODA
- TRIPLE BERRY GREEN SMOOTHIE
Frozen Hot Chocolate is a delightful and easy recipe that brings the amazing flavors of this classic drink, all year long. This cold hot chocolate is so simple to make, just add ingredients to a blender and mix!