Strawberry Pie Recipe with Jello made easy with fresh strawberries, strawberry jello & buttery pie crust hearts! It’s a perfect pie for Valentine’s day!
You are going to love this simple and delightful fresh strawberry pie recipe. It comes together quickly and easily so you spend less time prepping and more time enjoying your romantic day and holiday dinner. Serve this dessert up and it is sure to have everyone swooning. From the heart-shaped crust pieces to the fresh strawberries, this pie is charming, refreshing, and oh so delicious!
Fresh strawberry pie with jello
By making this strawberry pie made with jello you can expect fantastic results every time, without fail. Jello, as you know, once it becomes chilled turns into a solid mass. This is what we want to help bind all of our fresh strawberries together. Not only does the jello help to prevent a runny pie but it also helps to bring in more color and flavor! This is a great last minute recipe idea when you want to impress your loved one’s, it is so easy to make and requires very few ingredients that you most likely have on hand.
Strawberry Jello Pie ingredients
-Cornstarch: You will need 4 tablespoons of cornstarch to help thicken the filling perfectly.
-Sugar: Using 1 cup of granulated sugar will make the filling nice and sweet, a perfect balance with the strawberries.
-Jello: You will need a 3.4 ounce sized box of strawberry jello mix.
-Water: Use 2 cups of hot boiling water to activate the jello and get the filling mixture to the right consistency.
-Strawberries: You need 1 quart of strawberries. Make sure that they have been washed well and are cut up into quarters, halves, or slices depending on what you prefer.
-Pie crusts: You can use a double crust pie recipe that you love and are already familiar with. Or you can use two store bought crusts (one box), this will cut down your preparation time and nobody needs to know it is not homemade.
-Egg: You need 1 egg, this will be used as an egg wash to give the crust a nice golden color.
-Fun stuff: You will need a heart-shaped cookie cutter for the fun addition to the top of the pie. If you really want to take it up a notch, you can use a black edible marker to write love messages on your heart crusts.
How to make a Strawberry Pie with Jello
Clean and prepare your fresh strawberries. Make sure they are thoroughly washed and cut into quarters, halves, or slices depending on your size preference.
In a medium size saucepan, over medium heat, whisk together the cornstarch, sugar, jello, and boiled water until well combined.
Proceed to cook for 5-8 minutes or until the mixture is thick. Remove from heat.
Next, add in the fresh strawberries and then stir to combine. Set aside.
Place one pie crust into a greased pie pan. Cut off and trim the edges around the pan with your fingers. Set the pan aside.
Grab the second pie crust and roll out to begin cutting out the hearts with your cookie cutter. You will want 4-6 hearts for the top of the pie.
In a separate small bowl, beat the one egg to prepare for use on the heart shaped pie crust toppers.
Next, pour the strawberry mixture into the first pie crust and then top your pie with heart crusts around the outside of the pie. You will want to leave a 1-inch gap at the top as shown.
If desired, you can use an edible marker to carefully write “Be Mine” on the center of a heart.
Continue to brush the pie crust hearts with beaten egg before placing it into the oven.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or just until the crust is golden brown.
Let cool before serving. Enjoy!
STRAWBERRY PIE RECIPE WITH JELLO
- 4 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 3.4 oz Strawberry Jello Mix
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- 1 quart Strawberries cut up
- 2 Pie Crust
- 1 Egg beaten- for the egg wash on the heart shaped crust toppers
- Clean and prepare your fresh strawberries. Make sure they are thoroughly washed and cut into quarters, halves, or slices depending on your size preference.
- In a large saucepan combine the cornstarch, sugar, jello mix, and boiled water to over medium heat. Whisk until well combined.
- Cook 5-8 minutes, until mixture becomes thick. Remove from heat.
- Add fresh strawberries and stir. Set aside.
- Place one pie crust into a greased pie pan. Cut off excess or mold edges with fingers. Set aside.
- Roll out your second pie crust and begin cutting out heart shapes with your cookie cutter.
- In a separate small bowl, beat the one egg to prepare for use on the heart shaped pie crust toppers.
- Pour strawberry mixture into pie crust. Then, cover the top of your pie and the outer edge with pie crust hearts, you can use various sizes if you wish. Leave about a 1 inch gap at the top, as shown.
- If desired, you can use an edible marker to carefully write a Valentine's message on your center heart.
- Brush the pie crust hearts with a beaten egg, just before placing it in the oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Let cool. Serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How do you store fresh strawberry pie?
Keep this pie well covered with plastic wrap and it will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 4 or 5 days. This should give you plenty of time to make it in advance or enjoy leftovers after the holiday is over.
How do I slice strawberries for pie?
First, take and wash your strawberries well. Then hull out the stem and white centers. Next, you can choose between slicing the strawberries into thin slices or cutting them into halves or quarters for larger chunks. More commonly you will see the pies being served with large pieces but you want to make sure that they are thin enough to cook evenly in the jello mix, as well as being easy to bite into. Too large of a chunk and you will end up with unevenly cooked berries.
What is the best store bought pie crust to use for this recipe?
There are a lot of pie crust options out there, all of them are good in their own right. For this particular recipe you want a pie crust that is dough texture, because you are using one to create fun heart shapes. Pillsbury makes a great option to use and it comes in a two pack, it is a perfect choice for this pie recipe and it tastes delicious too.
Check out these other great strawberry recipes you’ll enjoy!
- STRAWBERRY BANANA BARS
- LEMON STRAWBERRY POKE CAKE
- NO-BAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- STRAWBERRY CRESCENT ROLLS
- STRAWBERRY BREAD RECIPE
- STRAWBERRY BANANA ICE CREAM FLOAT
- STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE OREO BALLS
- STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE BITES
- STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE LUSH
- STRAWBERRY JELLO PARFAITS
- CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY DESSERT LASAGNA
- GLAZED STRAWBERRY BUNDT CAKE
This strawberry pie recipe is deliciously packed with fresh strawberries, strawberry jello, and then topped with heart shaped crust pieces. Every slice is perfect for Valentine’s Day!